Interior Annoyance

satinGHOST|r!der

Legendary 10 Years
i know this has been posted b4, i get creaking all over my E46 320i and frankly its beginning to eat my head. i know some of u had these problems and wuld really like/LOVE to know how u guys got it done. Thanks in advance all.

Cheers.

Re: Interior Annoyance

If it's coming from the window frames, just get PML to tape it. It'll help alot.

i think its coming from the the door seams which most bros here face for their car having said the abovementioned problem. by the way, if PML is going to ever touch my car, how much damage wud it be?

thanks man!

If it's under warranty, it's FOC. JUst make sure you check around the area where they tape for scratches though.

its not under warranty leh..and taping it actually helps? cause i heard someone said to put some gel or somethign like that. :???

Tape lasts longer and more effective I think. And you can try your luck and ask PML to do it for you FOC...no harm asking.

Lol...OK.
FOC?
i think i will them them FOC. (F**K Off Cunts!)
muahahhaha...

hope pricing OK. anyone did pricing pls update.

Cheers.

Someone did mentioned before that you can get the tape outside and DIY yourself. Not too sure of the details though. Just hope that they see this thread and fill you in. Alternatively you can try doing a search. There was a similar thread about this just not too long ago.

rodders said:
Someone did mentioned before that you can get the tape outside and DIY yourself. Not too sure of the details though. Just hope that they see this thread and fill you in. Alternatively you can try doing a search. There was a similar thread about this just not too long ago.

thanks again bro...
will do just that..

Cheers.

elmariachi said:
i get creaking all over my E46 320i and frankly its beginning to eat my head. i know some of u had these problems and wuld really like/LOVE to know how u guys got it done. Thanks in advance all.

Cheers.
Huh??? I thought bimmer shouldn't have such problem on this??? Pardon me for the ignorance on the technical talk model like E46, E36..etc... How to differentiate from outlook??

Last few months, i was in the total situations as elmariachi, but i got my ride solved it out just only Wed. Where i leave my car in TE for a day to changed all the door seal. Now, its a peaceful and happy owner to my ride again.......hehehehehehehe :D

Oh man!!! Mine is from the window frames... I felt the same too elmariachi... But on a rainy day, it seems to go off... Strange.... Hopefully someone can help... thinking of DIY thou....

rodders said:
If it's coming from the window frames, just get PML to tape it. It'll help alot.

Bro... blast the musc... solves everything..hurhurhur.. aiyah.. no worries... send it to PML.. they should settle it for you.. kick a few chairs.. alls good.. :)

HAHA!!! Good idea, but not always in the mood for loud music... *sign*. Wish i'm in sin... PML rules ya.. haha...

for my ride, the creaky sound is from the window frame at driver side door only. i m pour small amount of diluted car wash shampoo along the window slit. its a weekly ritual for couple of months now and i plan to get PML to resolve it once i go for the 20k km servicing. and yes its true, rainy day, creaky sound is gone for awhile.

elmariachi said:
i know this has been posted b4, i get creaking all over my E46 320i and frankly its beginning to eat my head. i know some of u had these problems and wuld really like/LOVE to know how u guys got it done. Thanks in advance all.

Cheers.

bro, i hv the same prob... went to juz4cars, told them the prob, John apply some kind of cream on all the rubber seals and creaking sound gone. No damage$$ since i patron them regularly. Hope that ur prob is the same as mine. gd luck!

Orh LuLu said:
bro, i hv the same prob... went to juz4cars, told them the prob, John apply some kind of cream on all the rubber seals and creaking sound gone. No damage$$ since i patron them regularly. Hope that ur prob is the same as mine. gd luck!

hi bro..not to ruin ur relief but i had cream on mine as well but it came back after 2 weeks. PML tapes the contact of the seams with some proofing tape which seems to have eradicated the noise entirely for me. I dont get any of that now anymore. Just the bloody rear glass creaking. Another E46 problem after a while but i cant care less abt that. So just keep ur ears peeled for it.

Cheers.

It's a common E46, especially on the earlier PreFL batch of E46. I guess it reoccurs again due to the age of the car.

It happens cos the glass window is rubbing against the window frame rubber.

PML uses friction tape to solve the problem. This should be a more permanent solution.

As for those who have the car for a couple of years, i suggest that u can use the rubber protector spray (Gummi Pledge ??) by BMW, then leave the window open for a while before closing back to allow the rubber to expand. It should work...

Mine is more of a metallic sound, like the rear door is knocking/touching the chassis somewhere. Anyway, ive made an appt with PML for friday morn, hope its just a small thing !

I ended up selling my e46, partly because of all the rattles and creaks that were sending me crazy. I asked PML to tape my windows during warranty period, and the guy told me they took off the door cards and found it was the electric window regulators and they would cost $400 ea to replace (not under warranty?) if I wanted it fixed. So I ended up buying a roll of rubber seal (sticky tape on one side) from HomeFix and adding it to the rear window frames. It wasn't ideal but stopped the rattles caused by the windows. Most of the time, nobody was ever in the back seat, so it was fine, but the one time I had to roll it down at Malaysian immigration (dark tint), it stuck to the window and fell on the person sitting in the back seat!

Anyway, I eventually found the only way to get rid of the noise, and get back at PML (?) was to trade it back to them for an e90. No noises yet, other than those tyres roaring on certain road surfaces... Good Luck!

elmariachi said:
hi bro..not to ruin ur relief but i had cream on mine as well but it came back after 2 weeks. PML tapes the contact of the seams with some proofing tape which seems to have eradicated the noise entirely for me. I dont get any of that now anymore. Just the bloody rear glass creaking. Another E46 problem after a while but i cant care less abt that. So just keep ur ears peeled for it.

Cheers.

My fingers and toes... crossed!:lol2:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubet52com
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back