Interior Cabin Rear Aircon Console Spraying

Monfreeze Archangel

Hi All,
I drive an E90 320i Pre FL and wanted to check if anyone has done this interior cabin spraying... need some advice on spraying my rear Aircon console which has a lot of scratches and the vinyl/paint has started to peel....subject to the kids kicking it while getting in and out of the rear seats.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/member...-aircon-console-picture141-aircon-console.jpg

Also the gearbox/middle console which connects to the rear aircon sole needs some touch up. The interior door handles have started to peel off. I checked with JackSpeed and was quoated $120 just to spary the rear aircon area....and not the entire console....which is kinda steep. :confused:

Pls advice if you know any place where this can be done.:uhhh:

thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Interior Cabin Rear Aircon Console Spraying

I have the same problem too. Paint work sibei horrible due to people kicking it getting in and out of the car. Did you check for replacement part? If cheaper, better to replace.

If not, perhaps we can do a group spray paint... ha ha.

yeah..same issue for all E90. i had mine changed during warranty period but it doesnt last long...subject to wear/tear esp with kids.

i'm trying out a vinyl carbon tape on it...will post it once i can get it done DIY ! very tricky to get a cutout exactly to cover the affected area.

Great inputs...
I tried to remove the main face unit....and seems quite easy...but the top clips are a bit brittle...and need to be careful. Read that there is this vinyl paint.....and thought of giving it a go...once i locate where to buy this paint. Also was told that Eng Soon carries these parts....need to check this as well. Need to find some time to do all these. lets keep everyone updated,......some treads that might be helpful.

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/interior-section/10316-black-cabin-2.html
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/introduction-greetings/46566-help-my-interior-paint-peeling-off-2.html
http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/interior-section/34762-center-console-leather-wrapping-2.html

Cheers.

Just spray matt black pain over it after sanding off the rubberized pain or what's remaining. It will look the same. except with no rubber feel.

hi bro , i have an idea, u all go c a kind of spray. by the name of plasti- dip.
i want to try. but cannot find in the Singapore market.
Any bro interested?
i think we can DIY save cost....
u can check the video on u tube... search for plasti dip..

Hi all, my interior also peeling off. Looks ugly leh. Anyone got lobang to do up the interior vinyl surface? Also estimate price? Thanks.

You tried the site sponsor J magic yet? I think most paint workshop can do, remove the panel, sand and re-spray. Can even DIY if you know how to take out the panel.

Try exoctic rim, visit their fb, I would say good workmanship at affordable price.
I got my rim spray at $160...

Got my bimmer in Sept 2012 and have similar problem for rear aircon...

Got my regular car workshop to respray during my first service... pain job done for $50 by my workshop's associate as this workahop does not have spray painting facility....not sure whether 50 is norm?

most paintshop can do the job, test your workshop's service level by asking for their help.... see for yourself...

Will spray painting last?

Any chance we can get the panel replaced, is it costly to get one?

Thanks.

Any brother here knows where to get the paint for plastic? Thought of doing it myself :) Thanks

Homefix DIY, Mustafa, Hardware shops (e.g. Ubi Central / along Upp Changi Road / Sims Ave), HDB paint shops?

TCcruiser;945195 said:
Any brother here knows where to get the paint for plastic? Thought of doing it myself :) Thanks

Btw i also see some small car paint shop / accessories shops along Euno Industrial Estate (the row beside Singpost Paya Lebar) where there's plenty of roadside parking.

Have seen some shops doing car parts spray painting before but i have not tried it.

Just passed by and saw them spraying so you don't have to DIY.

TCcruiser;945214 said:
Ok, Thanks. Will try

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123bclub88
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back