Internet connection on F30 Idrive

tuixin

Hi All

As above, i can sync all the hp contacts and sms to the idrive. But i just cant seem to connect to the Internet.

I have tried updating the Idrive bluetooth software, turning the phone hotspot and tethering to on and enabling data connection on the Idrive. But it just does not work.

I am using Samsung S4. My SE said that Samsung S3 and S4 not supported by the car which i have doubts about.

Anyone facing such problems too or using S4 and does not have such problems?

TIA!

Tuixin

Re: Internet connection on F30 Idrive

Tried & tested working on iPhone 4, 4S, and Blackberry... and have HEARD countless success stories with Android phone... But hor, really have to use the car for Internet mah? I find using the phone directly is so much easier and faster...

Internet feature doesn't support Flash, youtube, and take forever to enter text to even do simple search, and the speed... one word, HORRIBLE...

But if you insist to make it work.... good luck!

Someone just reported the same issue recently. Works when he switched to an iPhone.

Haha. I doubt I will use it much. But just trying to see why it does not work when it should. Thought maybe I have missed out certain steps.

Having the option to use it beats not being able to use it at all. Just dump Iphone 5 for the S4, no way will I switch back.

tuixin;1000376 said:
Haha. I doubt I will use it much. But just trying to see why it does not work when it should. Thought maybe I have missed out certain steps.

Having the option to use it beats not being able to use it at all. Just dump Iphone 5 for the S4, no way will I switch back.

Then try to isolate your problem. Can you pair your phone to your computer using Bluetooth and will your computer get network (of course disconnect whatever wifi and Ethernet you have la). If can means your phone is tethering then you can only make sure you enable data connection on idrive on the correct phone (in case u have paired multiple phone)

Can also try remove the pairing and try again.

Your tethering must work thru Bluetooth not wifi hor

And bmw confirm s3 is supported http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/navigation/bluetooth/compatibility_check_intro.html

Last edited by a moderator:

I am also facing the same problem but I am using iphone 5.
Got the iphone connected via bluetooth, data transmission checked.
Phone calls can be made etc. But when I try to connect to internet, it just does not connect.

Any coding needed to access internet or am I missing something?
Mine is a 328 PML.

TIA.

Carcraze28;1004305 said:
Phone calls can be made etc. But when I try to connect to internet, it just does not connect.

Mine is a 328 PML.

TIA.

Trial and error needed.
Even if everything correct, sometimes need to try a few times. Connection is painfully slow.

Carcraze28;1004305 said:

Mine is a 328 PML.

TIA.

You never say whether your iphone wifi tethering is enabled? Did you upgrade bluetooth version to the latest software (don't have to be latest, so long it's not the factory original can oredi)

I also cant get internet to work with my s3. Bluetooth tethering on.

Managed to get it to work on my ipad thou.

Carcraze28;1004305 said:

Mine is a 328 PML.

TIA.

Is there any error message ? Mine is working okie.
Make sure that your Personal Hotspot in your iphone 5 is ON via bluetooth.

If can, please take a shot for your setup and your problem from the iDrive and post them here..we can try to resolve for you if can see the picture. Like that faster lor..

Good luck!

KITT;1005603 said:
Is there any error message ? Mine is working okie.
Make sure that your Personal Hotspot in your iphone 5 is ON via bluetooth.

If can, please take a shot for your setup and your problem from the iDrive and post them here..we can try to resolve for you if can see the picture. Like that faster lor..

Good luck!

Finally after a few tries as advised, internet is finally possible.
And yes, personal hotspot needs to be turn on.
Thanks to all who chimed in!

Have a good weekend!

After you manage to turn on the internet connection, you realised its no bigger cause the effort needed doesnt give you much thrill cos it cant be used when your car is moving.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaibk8codes

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back