Intro

harold996tt

Hi All,

Just a quick introduction. Today I will be going to pick up my first ever BMW, an E70 X5 3.0si. Cant wait to finally get into the BMW experience!

Am already thinking of body kits and wheels, have already scoped out a couple of nice rims but am deciding on size- 20s versus 22s versus 23s. These SUVs can really gobble rim size!

The X5 will be replacing a 4 year old Volvo XC90 T6 that was modified to the brim (can you believe people actually modifiy Volvos.. haha).

Anyway wondering if there are many other X5 owners on this board?

Cheers.

Re: Intro

In an attempt to get my posting up will give a bit more info about myself.

Originally from Australia (ABC- Australian born Chinese), have been in Singapore for many years now.

Am a banker (possibly worst profession to be in right now!!!), and have been enthusiastic about cars for years.

My current other ride is a very heavily modified Porsche 996 twin turbo (full Techart GT-Street body conversion and Protomotive engine- car has been in the workshop for the last 4 months having the engine "breathed over" ...again!!! What an addiction power can be). As you can see there is a theme- I cant leave any of my cars unmodified, not even my ex Volvo SUV that is being replaced by the X5. The Volvo ran on 20 inch rims, and was fully modified by Heico to 320bhp (equivalent of AC Schnitzer for Volvo if there is such a thing, haha).

Well look forward to posting some pics of the X5 as the modifications get done... waiting for bonus time (wishful thinking that there will be a bonus!!) to gradually convert the X5 into a heavily modified beast of an SUV. As such would love to meet with any other X5 owners that have done full conversions on their X5 to get ideas. Feel almost embarrassed coming to this forum and ranting about an SUV given all the sporty rides I have seen on this forum.

Welcome Harold,

Bro., good to c u here, looking forward to seeing a souped up X5.

Cheers,

Noel

nasty204;410579 said:
Welcome Harold,

Bro., good to c u here, looking forward to seeing a souped up X5.

Cheers,

Noel

Hey bro, good to see you here! Saw your car the other day next door to Espace. Was there checking on the progress of my engine.
Your car just gets more and more extreme- I love it! Was actually going to get a 525 but ultimately the practicality of the X5 won me over.

Yup, cant wait to make the X5 more extreme. Pity its only the 3.0si, just could not justify the cost of the 4.8 in these bad times...

Welcome in Harold!

Can post pix of your outgoing XC90 and 911TT in the meantime before your X5 gets transformed too you know... :p

axl;410761 said:
Welcome in Harold!

Can post pix of your outgoing XC90 and 911TT in the meantime before your X5 gets transformed too you know... :p

Hi Axl, sure. Glad to oblige, but not sure if should be posted here given they are very non BMW.. ;P

Will take some pics of the X5 as well for good measure and get them all posted.

harold996tt;410777 said:
Hi Axl, sure. Glad to oblige, but not sure if should be posted here given they are very non BMW.. ;P

Will take some pics of the X5 as well for good measure and get them all posted.

Ok, so this is the Volvo, at PMLs delivery centre in Dunearn just before we picked up the X5.

axl;410761 said:
Welcome in Harold!

By the way Axl, love the Evo....

hi welcome to bmw.sg

nice porsche dude. :)

No issues with the gear box? Was told repeatedly that the T6 tend to have quite a problematic gear box...

harold996tt;410574 said:
The Volvo ran on 20 inch rims, and was fully modified by Heico to 320bhp (equivalent of AC Schnitzer for Volvo if there is such a thing, haha).

benji ben;410787 said:
hi welcome to bmw.sg

nice porsche dude. :)

Thanks very much. It spends more time in the workshop than on the road... all in an attempt to get it to kill some of those pesky Skyline GTRs :)

yogi_lite;410790 said:
No issues with the gear box? Was told repeatedly that the T6 tend to have quite a problematic gear box...

We were exceptionally lucky with the gearbox on the T6. You are absolutely right, the gearbox on that car is a known weak spot but we never had an issue with it even though I did drive the car very hard (for an XC90 anyway), and it was modified power wise.

Having said that, we decided to sell it before its 5th year with us for that very reason...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sodo6789skin
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back