ipod adapter for 3 series

Geoff Ang said:
hey guys, guess what... pml called me yesterday that they now have the ipod intergration for ya ride... gonna get mine install next week... yyiippppeeeeee...

not sure if this is offical yet, as i have been buggin them for this since day one of my car... they told me i am currently one of the 1st... yyyiipppeeeeee!!!

:shoot: , how much $$$ ? bro

Frankly for $800+, I would rather buy the ICELink Plus, which is transferable should you change your car ..

You could google it and there is a UK store that would ship to Singapore, all in is under S$400. It should have the same, if not better feature than the BMW link.

tbt said:
wah very X for a cable only.

:evil:

Actually more than just cable. There are electronics to translate instructions from the HU to iPod. It is not tough since Apple publish their iPod API to accessory developers but still, there are R&D effort required.

Eh..I tot outside do for $360? Alpine system?

Does it marry to your steering control n head unit?

Re: ipod adapter for 3 series

silvergrey said:
Has anyone here managed to get the original ipod adapter for the 3 series fixed here.Where can it be bought and installed.Does Pml do it? Thks

i saw the alpine ads on sat papers for the ipod adapter going for $120 at all alpine agents

refer to the life section for the ads
u can look up for the agents doin it

The alpine set does not work with the stock BMw HU's cos we do not run the Alpine proprietry Ai-Net. The $120 thingy in the papers plugs into conventional Alpine HUs and it appears as another "CD Changer" to the HU and that is how it switches the IPOD from the car.

The set at PML includes the electronics to translate all the necessary commands from within the car to play the songs. From your steering wheel, you can switch tracks. Using the 1-6 station preset buttons, you can switch between 5 playlists in your IPOD. Why not 6? I also cannot explain.

Thus all that plugs into you IPOD is the bottom fat connector and the music comes through. The drawback from this system is that your CD changer has to be connected cos BMW chose not to give us a Ai-Net capable HU and changer. So L L the 6 disc changer in the boot is only good to add weight to balance out the driver.

Hang tight, I am waiting for the Professional CD HU to come in and I also ordered the line-in kit. I bought a Belkin Car charger w Line-out so that I can get the full 20-20kHz frequency range. Downside is that i need to switch songs on IPOD or else need to get the IPOD remote. Also gonna experiment with HU to fake the BMW Amp setup and hook up some amps to the HU without the use of the Hi-Lo converter.

Cheers

Just an update, The HU does not have any line outs for running separate amps. Probed the socket at the rear and could not get signals.

BTW, just watch out for the auxiliary line input cable. The cable cost $170 to buy and $198 to install...... very very steep....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sv666co
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back