Ipod adaptor in glove box not working?

tubbee

Hi,

Just got a 2008 BMW 325i convertible and plugged in my iPod into the connector in the glove box and set receiver to AUX. But there is no sound??

Anyone can shed some light? Is it because my iPod is an older generation or something like that?

Or is the car not iPod ready and I have to get something else from PML. BTW, my car doesn't have iDrive.

ok this might sound silly, is there a CD changer in the car? Where is it?

Thanks!!!!!!
tubbs

Re: Ipod adaptor in glove box not working?

CD Changer should be in the boot. If you have the iPod connector cable, then the CD changer will be deactivated, and the CD changer function becomes the iPod function.

tubbee;493861 said:
Hi,

Just got a 2008 BMW 325i convertible and plugged in my iPod into the connector in the glove box and set receiver to AUX. But there is no sound??

Anyone can shed some light? Is it because my iPod is an older generation or something like that?

Or is the car not iPod ready and I have to get something else from PML. BTW, my car doesn't have iDrive.

ok this might sound silly, is there a CD changer in the car? Where is it?

Thanks!!!!!!
tubbs

Plugged into a USB connector or AUX (Round RCA 3.5mmm) connector in your glove box?

Digging up a old thread. Im also facing the same problem. I plugged in my ipod to the ipod cable in the glovebox but theres no sound coming out from the speakers even thou my ipod is playing. Is there any specific mode tt i need to enter into? I tried AUX but it doesnt help.

On the same note, my ride has got a AUX under the armrest but theres no USB port. Does that mean theres no way to control my ipod via steering controls?

Advice needed. Thanks in advance.

Hi, anyone pls?
I tried using a older ipod but it doesnt play either. Im suppose to chose AUX mode right?
Thks :)

mine can play but sometimes loud and sometimes soft. feels like loose connection - had to twist my cable left/right around the AUX .
on your HU, you should adjust the AUX volume to the loudest and try. not sure if it will work.

Hi there, I have a similar problem too. Just gotten a 2008 118i. Has a iPod connector in glove compartment but no cd changer function fr the head unit selection. So far there is only selection for fm, cd and aux. Any shi Fu around?

Anybody know whether there is Ipod adapter for early 06 E60 523i? I try to look at the glove compartment but can't see any. Is it somewhere near CD changer?

ya the ipod connector seems to be useless or i juz duno how to use.i juz use to charge my iphone. any enlightenment?

a normal speaker wire with 3.5mm jack should work. If it doesn't, its probably loose connection from the glove box connector to the headunit.

go to a proper installer...pay them some kopi money.

stgoh;637580 said:
Frens,

maybe all we need is a Ipod cable with AUX n USB.
im heading to get the cable later. fingers crossed it will work.

something looking like this. the 3 in 1 AUX/USB/Charger cable

TingSin Cheapest iphone accessories in singapore: iPhone Car Solution

its not the cable's fault. Its the connection from the headunit to the glove box aux in.

this cable u are intending to buy is just like any other cable, except that it charges.

a normal stereo cable/speaker wires or whatever they call it...those with two sides 3.5mm head doesn't charge. It goes into your earpiece input on your ipod/iphone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vvjlcomph
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back