IPod & BMW

Banana55

Hi all BRos,

I am rather frustrated with the ipod interface provided in my ride - Ipod connector in the glove box.

I connected my Ipod Nano Gen 4 to the connector and its not supported in charging my Ipod. :whythis:So, its boring that I have unplug it so it wont drain out my Ipod batt.

Is there any other solution to this?:helpp!:

Thank you

Re: IPod & BMW

hmm.. my ipod nano gen 3 works perfectly fine.

Can anyone please help me on this issue?

What is your model of Ipod that will charge using the connector supplied by BMW?

Thank you so much ...

So far :

1. Ipod Nano Gen 3

Banana55;449213 said:
Can anyone please help me on this issue?

What is your model of Ipod that will charge using the connector supplied by BMW?

Thank you so much ...

So far :

1. Ipod Nano Gen 3

You mean PML gave you the ipod cable foc??

hi all,
I read the specs, only ipod 3rd gen and below. Think this is the software problem, maybe BMW is looking into the upgrading of software in the car. However, the charging is only for ipod with some energy left. if the ipod is totally drained, the charger in the car will not be able to charge the ipod and that is when i will bring the ipod home to do normal charging...

The older iPods have a different connection for charging. If you use an original charger, it is generation specific. Like the iPhone 2G's charger will not charge the 3G phones etc...

My advise is to get an older iPod. This will sort your problems out quite quickly.

Good day,

I went to PML yesterday and bought the "BMW "Y-Cable" for iPod. $170.00

Went with the Service Technician to the car to ensure that it works before I purchased it.

Fortunatel it works like a charm and I'm able to access the Playlist, Albums. Genere, etc... on my iDrive controller.

Now I kept my iTouch in the arm rest compartment and it charges thw battery while ignition is on.

Rykiel

Hi - what car are you driving?

Anyone know if this will work for an X5 E70? Thanks!

rykiel;462525 said:
Good day,

Went with the Service Technician to the car to ensure that it works before I purchased it.

Fortunatel it works like a charm and I'm able to access the Playlist, Albums. Genere, etc... on my iDrive controller.

Now I kept my iTouch in the arm rest compartment and it charges thw battery while ignition is on.

Rykiel

TheNew7;462518 said:
The older iPods have a different connection for charging. If you use an original charger, it is generation specific. Like the iPhone 2G's charger will not charge the 3G phones etc...

My advise is to get an older iPod. This will sort your problems out quite quickly.
This problem arised due to older gen Ipod electronic accesories use firewire portion of charge circuitry. However, in newer gen Ipod use USB portion of charge circuitry. For eg, Belkin autokit cannot charge my Iphone 3GS. However, it could charge my IPOD classic 4G, Ipod Touch 1G & Nano 1G.

I think Pilotsnoopy posted the solution before. It is scosche passport. However, it is not available locally.

Alternatively, go to Maclink & buy Griffin Charge converter. It's $65.

rykiel;462525 said:
Good day,

Rykiel

Did you ask for replacement? maybe you can get it for free...:) I will probably ask for an upgrade from the current cable next month when I send my car for servicing....haha, trying my luck :)

davidtch;462589 said:
This problem arised due to older gen Ipod electronic accesories use firewire portion of charge circuitry. However, in newer gen Ipod use USB portion of charge circuitry. For eg, Belkin autokit cannot charge my Iphone 3GS. However, it could charge my IPOD classic 4G, Ipod Touch 1G & Nano 1G.

I think Pilotsnoopy posted the solution before. It is scosche passport. However, it is not available locally.

Alternatively, go to Maclink & buy Griffin Charge converter. It's $65.

Thanks for the info, I was wondering what happened (I tried with so many cable and ipods/iphone/nano and even bought auxilliary cable, just to play the ipod/iphone) last year when I got my car...

On another note, the service parts personnel in PML said that the Y Cable doesn't work with iPhone 3GS.

True or not?

I only have an iPhone 3G which works but the thought of not being able to change phone just cos of a car sucks ass.

BC2710;545127 said:
On another note, the service parts personnel in PML said that the Y Cable doesn't work with iPhone 3GS.

True or not?

I only have an iPhone 3G which works but the thought of not being able to change phone just cos of a car sucks ass.

The problem is only the charging part.
Not sure if there's is any new y-cable which can solve the problem; I bought mine in Jan 2010. Sometimes happy it charges the phone (very very slowly); sometimes not happy it doesn't charge (which happens most of the time). But other functions still working fine.

C3P0;545131 said:
The problem is only the charging part.
Not sure if there's is any new y-cable which can solve the problem; I bought mine in Jan 2010. Sometimes happy it charges the phone (very very slowly); sometimes not happy it doesn't charge (which happens most of the time). But other functions still working fine.

What is your phone? 3G or 3GS?

Banana55;545385 said:
Yes.. confirm working:cloud9::cloud9:...I just got mine at RRPS$59.00 from epi Center

It charge my iphone 3Gs and also Ipod Nano 4th Gen.
Robot, buy this. Banana confirms it work.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
88clbdirectory

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back