ipod in BMW

wei0306

Anyone uses the ipod interface provided in your Bimmer ? If so, how good is the interface with the ipod ? Believe most new 1-series come with the ipod interface in the front passenger compartment, and I am considering whether to get a ipod or not. Can the ipod take the heat if left in the compartment all time ? Is will be a hassle to take in and out the ipod everytime u park under the sun.

Re: ipod in BMW

Hmm if I'm not mistaken, m3post.com stated that the ipod connection is good although there are some problems with the charging, something to do with the Y-cable. Hmm...

hi,

mine w the original interface... left my 1G ipod nano in the front locker all the time... no problems so far...:yummie:

brgds

I'm using the 6FL option, which is the USB port with the aux input connected to the iPod via the Y cable. So far pretty good. My car is never under the sun for that long, so not sure about the heat affecting the ipod.

Also, no issues with charging so far, when I take the ipod out of the compartment, it's always fully charged.

eggz;376826 said:
I'm using the 6FL option, which is the USB port with the aux input connected to the iPod via the Y cable. So far pretty good. My car is never under the sun for that long, so not sure about the heat affecting the ipod.

Also, no issues with charging so far, when I take the ipod out of the compartment, it's always fully charged.

Hi Eggz,

Does this come standard on the car? Also, does this allow you to control the music from the idrive and all?

Cheers!

elmariachi;376830 said:
Hi Eggz,

Does this come standard on the car? Also, does this allow you to control the music from the idrive and all?

Cheers!

Hi El,

6FL is not standard, at least not at the time I ordered (April this year)

Yah, it allows you to control music, either an ipod (via Y cable) or a USB thumbdrive with MP3s via idrive. I think for thumbdrive it will download all the mp3s from to idrive first. For the ipod it will allow you to control the ipod via the idrive knob, like it's the ipod's clickwheel.

BTW, for some strange reason, with the 6FL option, bluetooth retrofit only cost $900, compared to $2400 if you get it from the factory. Weird rite?

I opted for bluetooth retrofit instead of factory install because of the 20% discount for parts in June. I initially paid $2100 (after discount) for retrofit, which is less thatn the factory install price. 1st :screwedu:

But, when the car came, they did a check and said the bluetooth should only cost $900 or something like that so PML refunded me some money from the $2100. 2nd :screwedu:

eggz;376848 said:
Hi El,

6FL is not standard, at least not at the time I ordered (April this year)

Yah, it allows you to control music, either an ipod (via Y cable) or a USB thumbdrive with MP3s via idrive. I think for thumbdrive it will download all the mp3s from to idrive first. For the ipod it will allow you to control the ipod via the idrive knob, like it's the ipod's clickwheel.

BTW, for some strange reason, with the 6FL option, bluetooth retrofit only cost $900, compared to $2400 if you get it from the factory. Weird rite?

I opted for bluetooth retrofit instead of factory install because of the 20% discount for parts in June. I initially paid $2100 (after discount) for retrofit, which is less thatn the factory install price. 1st :screwedu:

But, when the car came, they did a check and said the bluetooth should only cost $900 or something like that so PML refunded me some money from the $2100. 2nd :screwedu:

I told my SE to put in the ipod connectivity kit once the car is in. Hell if it comes with 6FL, i'll cancel it. But right now I am not sure if it comes with that. Lemme check.

Thanks Eugene.

wei0306;376739 said:
Anyone uses the ipod interface provided in your Bimmer ? If so, how good is the interface with the ipod ? Believe most new 1-series come with the ipod interface in the front passenger compartment, and I am considering whether to get a ipod or not. Can the ipod take the heat if left in the compartment all time ? Is will be a hassle to take in and out the ipod everytime u park under the sun.

I Always left it in the car, no problem... lately I try it on iphone.. cool (but only music, no phone hah)

iPhone will have some problems charging with the USB i think, tell the results when u get it :D.

donaldho;376931 said:
I Always left it in the car, no problem... lately I try it on iphone.. cool (but only music, no phone hah)
For those without idrive and using the ipod interface, are u able to control the ipod (i.e. selecting certain artists, songs genre, etc.) via the radio buttons 1, 2, 3, 4.... ? And will the radio display the mp3 tag properly ?

Thanks.

anyone know where to get the OEM or similiar parts that allow u to control from your idrive and install it elsewhere. was quote $920 with installation from PML.

hi guys,
anyone can share how to get my iphone 3g connected to my E60? where to get the ipod connectivity cable fixed... even if its just the basic to connect the headset... no need control by idrive also can... got a bit blur reading the thread??

how much will it cost too? many thanks!

That sounds about right - never regretted it (wiht iDrive), even though the price looks steep. But it does not shuffle songs as conveniently as the iPod itself.

Hoping to get my iphone connected and bluetooth to my E90 too. Can be done or not huh?

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J88socom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back