Is E36 318i can use the OBC from 325?

tung108

Now i'm using E36 M43 318i (1995) I interest to install the OBC of 325. Can my model use full function on the OBC of 325?

Thank and regards,

Tung

Re: Is E36 318i can use the OBC from 325?

Between the 318 and 325, there is a different of 2 cylinders. Not sure if you can make use of it although theoretically, the size of the cylinder between these 2 are pretty close.

i believe it uses a different harness..i know of some successful conversions though..so i'm suer its possible...but why would u want that in the first place? esp if the 325i's OBC is OBD-2... looks like hel lot of wiring tricks to me..:)..but then again..i'm no wizard in electronics...:)

hmm...i think the uestion is whether the 318i has the necessary sensors to detect some of those information u want.

seems u are after somewhat PRECISE information of whats already available in analogue form in the meter cluster.. i'm sure the OBC itself already has those...question is how to relay the input from the sensors to the OBC and make it work...

i'll chat with some guys, see if can turn up anything.,,

the gurus on the forum...any insights into this pls?

Hi, gwumpkus

thank you for your information. i agree with you that the 318i may not have some sensor needed by the OBC

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gemwinwang

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back