Is F10 very noisy?

Re: Is F10 very noisy?

I find my F10 523 very quiet for my standards. I sometimes forget to turn off engine before stepping out of the car as the engine noise at idling is not easily noticeable.

Forgetfulness thanks to Comfort Access cos no need to remove key from ignition to turn off engine.

Slayermarc;804992 said:
Just my 2 cents..

I was driving the IS250 before and then changed to the F10 528i.

Noise level is almost comparable. I get the same stillness in the F10 that I get in the IS250.

Tried the new GS350 last weekend. But it was rather disappointing in the noise area. The engine roar is very noticeable even at low revs, not to mention when you have to gun it just to overtake others on the road. It was quite a startling ride as you really expect that much lauded "soundproofed" quality from Lexus.

Waiting for the Hybrid to see if it can match up for the silence and acceleration.

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Did you find the new gs not very "lexus"? As in it got a lot more sporty and you get quite a bit more engine and undercarriage noise compared to the previous model?

wt_know;804783 said:
depend on what jap model la
friends move from camry & accord to 5-er (e60 and f10) also comment that 5-er is noisy
i think it's also largely due to they raise their expectation because 5-er car price is at least 1.5x more expensive ... who not?

Yes, lexus and old jap made camry are really good for a quiet and comfortable ride, something that f10 can't quite match. I mean even in pml test car(the white with cinnamon brown 520i at dunearn road) which is so new, I could hear slight wind noise, a lot of outside traffic noise and tyre noise when compared.

Having said that, I thought the f10 actually felt more stable, giving a sense of confidence.

st8800;805665 said:
I found my F10 too quiet that's why change 3 exos... hehe...

I sometimes purposely rev engine in car park to hear my strawberry engine n Remus exos sound coz BMW cannot be too quiet. Car parks Sibeh surround sound

Aural pleasure

Exactly bro...exactly.

:chinese::chinese:

Was expecting a smooth quiet ride with the new 17 speaker Mark Levinson system but in the end had to turn up the volume to muffle the engine roar.

calvin_lin;805814 said:
Did you find the new gs not very "lexus"? As in it got a lot more sporty and you get quite a bit more engine and undercarriage noise compared to the previous model?

Aint the led design outdated
Lucky BMW angel eye is classic, class, suits me

calvin_lin;805820 said:
Yes, lexus and old jap made camry are really good for a quiet and comfortable ride, something that f10 can't quite match. I mean even in pml test car(the white with cinnamon brown 520i at dunearn road) which is so new, I could hear slight wind noise, a lot of outside traffic noise and tyre noise when compared.

Having said that, I thought the f10 actually felt more stable, giving a sense of confidence.

I think difference here is that yours is not driving the strawberry F10. Hehehe

Last edited by a moderator:

Strawberry F10 FTW.........

st8800;807930 said:
I think difference here is that yours is not driving the strawberry F10. Hehehe

Only PI still have strawberry. PML say no more. Biggest issue is PI want to sell lower spec car at same price as PML:eek: Otherwise I will really take proven engine from PI.

calvin_lin;807992 said:
Only PI still have strawberry. PML say no more. Biggest issue is PI want to sell lower spec car at same price as PML:eek: Otherwise I will really take proven engine from PI.

Can try PPSL?

calvin_lin;807992 said:

Try Autotechnik..... seems their specs not be bad. Some say HL even....

st8800;808151 said:
Try Autotechnik..... seems their specs not be bad. Some say HL even....

Not Autotechnik, its First Automobile.

Autotechnik is their independant workshop and the warranty is covered by them for 5 years.

The specs are Highline specs but I think PI calls them Executive.

Comparing side by side, PML's specs of cos better although price also higher...

pi screen is big or smaller one?

ok so First auto one is sunroof n highline

i believe pml highline got "more" options and of coz more ex. if want can do a comparison
imho, not all options are useful (ie: park assistant) ... i would go for must have options and save some $$ for must have mods :)

S2k;808726 said:

S2k;808726 said:

wt_know;808728 said:
i believe pml highline got "more" options and of coz more ex. if want can do a comparison
imho, not all options are useful (ie: park assistant) ... i would go for must have options and save some $$ for must have mods :)

Yes correct.

Mine came with big screen, sunroof, Bluetooth, DVD player n sports auto transmission.

Of cos if u wan more options, PI can always spec them in but must wait lah

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n6663

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back