Is It Possible to Install Supercharger or Turbo on M52B28 Engine?

halcrontech

I am wondering is it possible to install a Turbo or Supercharger on the M52B28 engine? Cause I have read that its an aluminium block instead of cast iron. Thus its not able to handle boost and will likely blow.

Re: Is It Possible to Install Supercharger or Turbo on M52B28 Engine?

hi bro,

wondering why u din consider to just go s50/52? like u recco me last tyme..hehehe

can't get?
theres a guy in bmw msia forum offerin an s52 US full kit including ecu for 20k RM, think can still negotiate lower but im not sure if its already taken.

yea, why not just got for an ///M engine, the amt you spend on a brand new engine + turbo gonna be pretty much the same or maybe even higher

OR.. if u are feeling REALLY adventurous... follow this link for the full conversion KIT -> Index
110% guarantee nobody can keep up with you then...

TI_motor-562x390.jpg

me also gonna go ///m but waitng for s54 to get cheaper...wonder if this can be retrofitted into an e36?

now parking her one side for e next few years and concentrating on a smaller project....
Gen 1 Mitsubishi space wagon glx on 4g63. :)

I did thought of going for M3 engine but bo pian.... No money.... So M52 is my best bet liao. I understand M3 got more power blah blah but I think I have to get out of this power craze hole. Else it will never end.

So I am thinking of just doing up a M52 engine a little. Get around 220HP and perhaps 300NM of torque. Thats good enough for me even to drive up malaysia and drive around in SG.

bro, m54 guaranteed can supercharge.

jest1081;420048 said:
hi bro,

wondering why u din consider to just go s50/52? like u recco me last tyme..hehehe

can't get?
theres a guy in bmw msia forum offerin an s52 US full kit including ecu for 20k RM, think can still negotiate lower but im not sure if its already taken.

Hi Bro,
Don't waste your time on S52 US spec (only 240bhp). A friend of mine did this transplant into his e34, now thinking of going for S'charge .

Cheers

bro ur fren to convert his US spec to OBD-1 that will give him 300hp on engine before turbo/super and abt 260hp on the wheels

Wow are you sure? Converting to OBD1 frees up that much power? How baout M52B28? ITs OBD2 as well but I will be install an Autronic SM4 thus no more OBD issues.

OBD-1/2 is for the US market only to comply with DOT regulations.. in Europe there is no such distinction. However, all pre-mid-1995 E34/E36's used Bosch electronics.. sometime after mid-1995 BMW switched over to Siemens electronics.. there are a lot more performance options for the Bosch Motronic, especially for the VANOS Motronic 3.3.1

jest1081;420531 said:

halcrontech;420028 said:
I am wondering is it possible to install a Turbo or Supercharger on the M52B28 engine? Cause I have read that its an aluminium block instead of cast iron. Thus its not able to handle boost and will likely blow.
Hi Bro,
My answer is yes, as I sold my very first ASA SK1 to a friend who having the M52B28, but the installation is not as easy as my M54 due to air mass & the throttle body, the w'shop need to do a lot of alterations on the intake piping n throttle's wiring.

Cheers & go for more power

Dave, how much HP gain with your ASA SK1 ?

jest1081;420405 said:
bro ur fren to convert his US spec to OBD-1 that will give him 300hp on engine before turbo/super and abt 260hp on the wheels
Attached here with the US spec 3.2 M3 engine, non individual throttle, only one single throttle, it look the same as the 2.8 engine, how to achive 300 bhp ?

lennon Tan;421002 said:
Dave, how much HP gain with your ASA SK1 ?

Last I known was stock 193bhp to 270+ with US spec M3 cams .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angeldimaria
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back