Is it safe to drive up malaysia ?

ipoh-horfun

After the KL kidnap case... is it safe to drive up malacca, then KL and Genting?

i haven driven up for ages.... considering a trip up now.

Re: Is it safe to drive up malaysia ?

It depends.. i haven't gotten robbed / threatened yet so ..

Anyway driven up even at night alone the other night to Desaru alone just because I felt like it. Just don't be an asshole to anyone, don't be a hero, and don't stop for long at any petrol stations and don't drive into any small towns and stop there. If you do have to stop, stop at a good hotel - pay for valet parking in front of the hotel (pay a bit more to the valet dude for priority parking - it's fine)

i notice PML used to organise trip up north during school holiday for the past 2 yrs how come this year nothing .... go with them confirmed safe :p cos go in group mah

also thinking of going up north in this car but haben run in :D

Last edited by a moderator:

pls arrange a convoy up north :D who want volunteer :p

I feel like joining.... but, need:

a. Permission from Empress Dowager
b. Durian Plantation because even after permission, still have to kneel
c. Sart sart car with at least 450hp because cannot keep up otherwise, with all the Ms and MP-12C....

Since I don't have neither a, b nor c, I can only be internet hero aka keyboard warrior...

Depends who you ask?

To Malaysian TP - Its safe as long as u bring along Kopi $
To Robbers - Its Safe as long you can outrun my Proton Wira
To Rapist - Its Safe as long as u have ugly chicks in your car..
To Commoners - Its Safe as long as u dont drive alone at night and also depend on your luck...some people say it easier to be robbed than hitting 4D first prize..

wobbles;825035 said:
I feel like joining.... but, need:

a. Permission from Empress Dowager
b. Durian Plantation because even after permission, still have to kneel
c. Sart sart car with at least 450hp because cannot keep up otherwise, with all the Ms and MP-12C....

Since I don't have neither a, b nor c, I can only be internet hero aka keyboard warrior...

solution
a) bring empress dowager along
b) dun ...the car will be smelly so bo hua go plantation
c) follow those 200hp car lor ... slow and easy :sneaky:

IMHO, there are more luxurious car in MY than SG. I have already seen a F30 328 in Malacca with Malacca plate in early April.

The only problem is, we are not street smart. I have even walk in the back alley of Bkt Bintang at 12am w/o incident.

Juz rem, don't road hog. See hi beam or right indicator, siam left.

S2k;825025 said:
pls arrange a convoy up north :D who want volunteer :p

KL........... 29th Jun - 01 Jul ?????

guni u going up ah

krakenster;825067 said:
Cameron Highlands ai mai?

when ? :eek: but dunno whether the car got power to climb bo :eek: hearsay the slope quite steep

slopes there are not steep, the new route is wider and not as steep as the old route

dont think there will be big issue...I'm currently here in KL Office, drove in a SG car plate yesterday ...and seen lots of new bimmer ( mostly F10).
And they rest like what ryan advise...you should be good...

FYI

It is solely depends on LUCK.

However, it is still safer to drive in a groups of 2-3 cars instead of alone.

Got this email, thought better share with with ye fellas here:

Women often receive warnings about protecting themselves at the mall and in dark parking lots, etc. This is the first warning I have seen for men. I wanted to pass it on in case you haven't heard about it.

A 'heads up' for those men who may be regular customers at IKEA, TESCO, IKANO This one caught me totally by surprise. Over the last month I became a victim of a clever scam while out shopping. Simply going out to get supplies has turned out to be quite traumatic. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you or your friends.
Here's how the scam works:
Two nice-looking, college-aged girls will come over to your car or truck as you are packing your purchases into your vehicle. They both start wiping your windshield with a rag and Windex, with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts. (It's impossible not to look).

When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say, "No", but instead ask for a ride to McDonald's.
You agree and they climb into the vehicle. On the way, they start undressing. Then one of them starts crawling all over you, while the other one steals your wallet.

I had my wallet stolen May 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th, & 29th. Also June 1st & 4th, twice on the 8th, 16th, 23rd, 26th & 27th, and very likely again this upcoming weekend.

So tell your friends to be careful. What a horrible way to take advantage of us older men. Warn your friends to be vigilant.
TESCO has wallets on sale for $2.99 each. I found even cheaper ones for $.99 at the dollar store and bought them out in three of their stores.

Also, you never get to eat at McDonald's. I've already lost 11 pounds just running back and forth from TESCO and IKANO
So please, send this on to all the older men that you know and warn them to be on the lookout for this scam. (The best times are just before lunch and around 4:30 in the afternoon.)
Let's be safe out there.

dach;825111 said:
got this email, thought better share with with ye fellas here:

Women often receive warnings about protecting themselves at the mall and in dark parking lots, etc. This is the first warning i have seen for men. I wanted to pass it on in case you haven't heard about it.

A 'heads up' for those men who may be regular customers at ikea, tesco, ikano this one caught me totally by surprise. Over the last month i became a victim of a clever scam while out shopping. Simply going out to get supplies has turned out to be quite traumatic. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you or your friends.
Here's how the scam works:
Two nice-looking, college-aged girls will come over to your car or truck as you are packing your purchases into your vehicle. They both start wiping your windshield with a rag and windex, with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy t-shirts. (it's impossible not to look).

When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say, "no", but instead ask for a ride to mcdonald's.
You agree and they climb into the vehicle. On the way, they start undressing. Then one of them starts crawling all over you, while the other one steals your wallet.

I had my wallet stolen may 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th, & 29th. Also june 1st & 4th, twice on the 8th, 16th, 23rd, 26th & 27th, and very likely again this upcoming weekend.

So tell your friends to be careful. What a horrible way to take advantage of us older men. Warn your friends to be vigilant.
Tesco has wallets on sale for $2.99 each. I found even cheaper ones for $.99 at the dollar store and bought them out in three of their stores.

Also, you never get to eat at mcdonald's. I've already lost 11 pounds just running back and forth from tesco and ikano
so please, send this on to all the older men that you know and warn them to be on the lookout for this scam. (the best times are just before lunch and around 4:30 in the afternoon.)
let's be safe out there.

ok. I am definitely driving up to malaysia & going to tesco/ikea/ikano

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nohudoithuong2

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back