Is it the e90 or its just me?

alvinado

My power steering is like a lorry, I mean, it still works but it is hard to turn for the missus, and we are coming from a Japanese (honda). I feel that it's a manly car that the steering is heavy but apparently the missus hates it.

From the brothers here, is the steering just heavy on the e90 or maybe my steering fluid is due for a refill?

Re: Is it the e90 or its just me?

alvinado;1070209 said:
My power steering is like a lorry, I mean, it still works but it is hard to turn for the missus, and we are coming from a Japanese (honda). I feel that it's a manly car that the steering is heavy but apparently the missus hates it.

From the brothers here, is the steering just heavy on the e90 or maybe my steering fluid is due for a refill?

does your unit came with Servotronic?

* are you on 19ins???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

alvinado;1070219 said:
18".......should be OK right.

usually 19ins slightly heavier but then depends on your rims weight...

* check if yours have Servotronic.....else sure heavy
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

my e90 steering is also very steering, no change even after steering fluid change.
In fact, it does not auto turn back to center/straight when I let go of the steering wheel after turning. Have to use arm power to turn back myself.

Japanese cars are easy to handle for ladies even when stationary.Especially Honda Accord, steering power on high dope. Avoid steering when in total stop.

Heavier steering is to give you a better feel and control when driving high speed and taking fast corners but it's heavier and requires more effort when at slow speed in car park and while manoeuvring in city traffic. It's like a compromise.

I personally prefer the hydraulic steering over electric steering. The hydraulic steering offers more predictive feel of the vehicle and the road. Somewhat connects the driver to the car. Most modern cars are headed towards the electric steering, which is great for relaxed driving, but can be a little nervous when the driving style becomes more lively.

Once I got use to it. It feels spirited.

alvinado;1070209 said:

Maybe driving too slowly....?

*vrooms away........

richardwan;1070231 said:
my e90 steering is also very steering, no change even after steering fluid change.

Hmm but that's what a steering wheel is meant to do.

My steering feels light cause I have strong arms. Many girls also agree.

my steering feels steering whenever I steer the steering wheel

How much isit?

alvinado;1070209 said:

Confirm e90 steering is naturally heavier than typical Jap car - even after changing steering fluid, my other ride is Jap and its like night and day. How is F30 steering in comparison for Bros who have driven?

kenntona;1070269 said:
My steering feels light cause I have strong arms. Many girls also agree.

Your third fair-skinned negro arm you mean?

seanskye said:
Your third fair-skinned negro arm you mean?

Please do not kiss and tell.

initially i felt something might be wrong with my steering as i just change from a japanese car...
thanks to all bros for the comment, i think its nature for my car to have much heavier steering comparing to jap cars...

[QU OTE=alvinado;1070209]My power steering is like a lorry, I mean, it still works but it is hard to turn for the missus, and we are coming from a Japanese (honda). I feel that it's a manly car that the steering is heavy but apparently the missus hates it.

From the brothers here, is the steering just heavy on the e90 or maybe my steering fluid is due for a refill?[/QUOTE]

It's definitely a manly car bro lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
win88college

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back