Is the Singapore MClub worth it?

Dark Knight

Hey folks, wrote into the Singapore M Club after seeing their website(BMW M-Club Singapore)... Got an email back asking for a $450 fee as membership.

However, I could not find any details on what I get for the $450... The site has some nice pics, but I could have taken those pics as well.. know what I mean?

Any feedback from any of you who are either part of this group or have heard anything?

Cheers!

Re: Is the Singapore MClub worth it?

They actually have lots of events, if I'm not mistaken they're at the Nurburgring right now for a driving experience and just in June they had a similar thing where BMW flew over some cars from Germany to use to at Sepang (it was a 2 day event). They're entering the SKC event at the F1, although trials have already occurred. They do regular social drives around Singapore and in Malaysia.

I bought a PI car then was approached by them to join when I met one of the sales staff. So I paid $450 and joined up, so far I've only been able to make it one of the Malaysia drives because the timing of events hasn't been great with work. Although, I'm planning to take them up on their offer to support their SKC team at the F1 this year!

IMO, it is worth joining the BMW M-Club Singapore, as you will have priorities in attending the many events organized by the club or jointly organized with Munich Automobiles, also a great way to meet fellow M owners in Singapore.

BMW M-Club Singapore is the only official M-Club that is affiliated to BMW AG so it is a recognized club and supported by Munich Automobiles.

Not like M owners cant afford $450 but the sum seems objectively highly if it is a yearly fee. I think mine was paid for by Munich for first year. Aevengs like the Nurburing drive and the Sepang ones are activities that a Munich car owner can join regardless of whether he is a club owner. Will have to see if it s worth renewing.

+1... $450 to get on what's effectively a mailing list. Fine-dining meetups you can arrange through this forum, track events you can sign up via MA without being a club member.

i tend to agree that the membership fee is kinda difficult to justify at this current moment. Not enough perks. Btw, i still do not have my M club shirt that was on the list during car delivery. Any new owners receive the shirt?

MA will pay for membership if you buy a car right?

zhenlie;867760 said:
i paid for my own membership...:(

that's great.........

M Rocks........
cheeeeeeeeeeeeers

Thanks All!

Looks like I might as well sign up... on a side note, ran over a parking kerb and damaged the front bumper... GRRR>. Thats $500 down the drain now.... Need to now cough up $450 for membership... DAMN this M3 stuff adds up...... should have stuck with my Merc E250?

NAAAAH!!!! glad i got the m3! :):D

Zhenlie, would love to... Am in Shanghai right now... only coming back on Thursday evening... plus car in workshop getting bumper fixed.

And yeah.. V8 rocks.. I also got the Akrapovich Exhaust end-muffler tips put in.. sounds like a storm now... You should listen to that in the CTE tunnel when I put the car top down! Will be glad to give you a ride!

Cheers!

Not LTA compliant.. and I dont wannt fall afould of the law in Sing. Newbie to Sing and all that nonsense!

M3s are LTA magnets now.

Quite a few Akra Evos got nailed already. The LTA officer bend down, see the whole damn exhaust is blue titanium, he knows you have the full system. No arguments. Too obvious.

I haven't got my t shirt, decal, etc or gone for a single M club event.
I know there were a couple of drives.

Hey Bros/sis,

The M-Club Membership fee is basically broken up into 3 parts

1) 200 SGD One Time Registration Fee
2) 200 SGD Annual Registration
3) 15 SGD Admin Charge

So your initial payment is 415 SGD, but yearly renewal is 200 SGD. The Funds collected per member helps the M-Club fund events and activities such as Events, Track days, meetups, local/Malaysia drives and other activities are in the works.

https://mclub.secure.force.com/membership

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/150912684958393/

Last edited by a moderator:

zhenlie;868311 said:
i only got my polo t from MA from getting the car, a photograph, the MA one year anniversary photo book, got a few invitation to various events, joined a few drives to the north for makan which the club paid for and M6 preview at SYS, no decal though...:thinking:

Working on the Decals Bro, should be getting them soon. :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bk88ing

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back