Jap tires not suitable for BMW cars?

fooman700

Hi bros,

was told by one shop that it is better to stick to conti, michelin or pirelli tires i/o any Jap tires such as bridgestone or dunlops etc etc as it is more compatible and safer. Any comments/opinions on this? TIA

Cheers,

Re: Jap tires not suitable for BMW cars?

That shop is pulling a fast one on you bro.

is it true that not all dunlop are made from japan??

fooman700 said:
Hi bros,

was told by one shop that it is better to stick to conti, michelin or pirelli tires i/o any Jap tires such as bridgestone or dunlops etc etc as it is more compatible and safer. Any comments/opinions on this? TIA

Cheers,

rubbish. my car was fitted with bridgestones from the factory

gadaffi said:
is it true that not all dunlop are made from japan??
Yeah. There's Dunlop from Malaysia and Germany too.

rodders said:
That shop is pulling a fast one on you bro.

When i started buying wood, my competitors advise me not to buy Indonesia wood.. quality bad.. blah blah blah..

.... Now, my major source is from Indonesia and my customer only requested wood from there. Lucky i explore Indonesia wood and found that Surabaya oso got Deluxe (Lido) ktv niteclub.

been using Falkens for almost 3 years.... :)

Sometimes these vendors/salesman etc forget that people are members of car forums. Who are they bullshitting????

Unless of course, he's betting you ask no one about his twisted theory.

BlackStealth said:
Sometimes these vendors/salesman etc forget that people are members of car forums. Who are they bullshitting????

Unless of course, he's betting you ask no one about his twisted theory.

Ah....no wonder u swapped your rims + tires with Shaaz........
U got PS2, he got SO-3................muahhahhhahahahahahahaha........

TripleM said:

he pulled a fast one on me... :(

So is Dunlop considered Jap brand? My Sport Maxx is imprinted "Made in Germany". WTF?

So what happened to the F1 cars when Bridgestone became the sole supplier to them from 2008 to 2010 after Michelin quit? Ferrari, Williams, Midland and Super Aguri use Bridgestone. Guess Renault, McLaren, Sauber will suffer if that shop's logic prevails......

Ah la mak! Jack, i told you that i bluff him SO3s are made in Germany, he believed! Now you pa char lobang!!!

TripleM said:

Falken tyres suitable for BMW cars?

I went to stamford tyres today and saw a nice SSW 19" rim. So asked the guys what tyres are avaliable n they said only sell Falken n Continental. The falkens are 50% the price of contis:screwedu: Has anyone used Falken? Are they good? cant remember the type of tyre but its similar to the Continental SportsConti (err...spelling?). Good on BMW?

It all depends on what you do with your car and your driving style... e.g. hardcore tracking, occasional tracking, looking for comfort, wet handling etc etc.

There'll be a range in most any brand and I believe many bros here has lots of experience in tyres need. As for me I had tried Yoko ES100, Falken Azenis 512 and now Federal SS595 Racing. Found them alright for my needs except the Falken.. which I used only for 3 months.

They all are performing acceptably on dry and the Falken just didn't make it on the wet..so. The other 2 is more noisy with the Yoko loudest after about 2 months. I find Federal value for $$$ but some other bros find it noisy.

Table down your needs and expectation, In this way, you will probably get a better recommendation from the bros and sista here.

falken wear off pretty fast from my exprience.

hitmee said:
falken wear off pretty fast from my exprience.

agree... but grips well... quiet also....

mine lasted 30,000kms

it is quiet in the beginning.....once it wear off will be noisy liao.
but still bearable for me.

shaaz said:
he pulled a fast one on me... :(
- abu then !! :nehnehhh: moreover tyres uneven wear !!

Jack - wah low blow man !! red card for u :lol2:

Rastaman said:
- abu then !! :nehnehhh: moreover tyres uneven wear !!

Jack - wah low blow man !! red card for u :lol2:

that's why.. chee beh.. im going to buy new tyres.. might buy new S-03, i kinda like the feel of the tyres eh .. hee hee..

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back