JB Workshop

Re: JB Workshop

I am quite keen to know where also.. will go down with any brothers next time..
pls pm me let me know when going.. Thanks..

Just to inform that Bro Aaron_BMW goes to JB for repair work also and you guys might want to check with him for workshop he use in JB

There's We Care at permas jaya. 10mins drive from custom.
Can search goggle for the add.

fu3g0;1019189 said:
There's We Care at permas jaya. 10mins drive from custom.
Can search goggle for the add.

Oh please! I'll not recommend this workshop at all. Poor service, poor workmanship!

I went to Wecare twice, the mechanics there are very good, friendly and knowledgeable in BMW and for whoever want to go I will recommend!
Cheers …………

You think they are better than the local site sponsors and so you are endorsing Wecare ?

Johnson83;1092213 said:
I went to Wecare twice, the mechanics there are very good, friendly and knowledgeable in BMW and for whoever want to go I will recommend!
Cheers …………

Khzlir;1092187 said:
Oh please! I'll not recommend this workshop at all. Poor service, poor workmanship!

Johnson83;1092213 said:
Cheers …………

Red_Bean_Bun;1092313 said:
You think they are better than the local site sponsors and so you are endorsing Wecare ?
He didn't say Wecare is better. They are good friendly and knowledgeable in BMW. Like most petrol station attendants I go to, they always serve with a big friendly smile and they can tell the difference between a 3 series and 5 series.

Khzlir may not be wrong too. Being good and friendly to you and knowing BMW does not mean that their service and workmanship on the car is good.

I suggest those who are interested do more research besides depending on the comments made here.

There are pro and cons in going to JB workshops. Do be careful of their customs though, as they may stop you, and if the parts you're bringing in is found, kanna tax.

Reviving this thread, I recently got an E30 and I need to do some rust control on it. I was reccomended We Care auto, howvever I have been hearing some mixed reviews about them. I read on other threads that they are expensive? Does anyone know which BMW workshop is good to do older BMWs?

hey guys how is it driving there? is it safe? would like to do servicing there but heard of many horror stories at JB

hey guys how is it driving there? is it safe? would like to do servicing there but heard of many horror stories at JB
If its same-day servicing, then you can wait there, no worries. Heck, if its only normal servicing, its better to do it with our Site Sponsors! Most will have well below S$200 oil change package with complimentary car wash!

The JB garage in Permas Jaya (nearer to Woodlands chkpt) on 1st page seems like ok. Never been there but I contacted them before and from the conversation I had, they know the BMW stuff, but they do not allow you to bring your own oil/filter, spare parts etc, unless it is very ex and you agree with them beforehand. Take note that spare parts will have "tax" at malaysian customs if caught.

If you are worried about missing car, then I believe it is quite unlikely as most of the ws mentioned by the bros above have been around a couple of years. Nowadays with Whatsapp, you can call often to check and request for pics on the progress. It will definitely save a bundle as compared to PML.

As a comparison:
Change Flywheel seal,
Change vacuum pump seal (PML will change the whole pump),
Change crankshaft seal,
change oil sump gasket,
Change rear brake pads,
Change engine and gearbox mounting
quoted RM2000 Labour cost (parts I get from ES).
If in Singapore, its about S$900 for labour if do in non-PML WS. Will be slightly lower if done by 1 of the Site Sponsor

In the end, I went to neither. I went to a normal WS in Taman Daya as introduced by my JB supplier, (his old classmate, who had worked on continentals in Singapore for several years and decided to return to help run his dad's WS) for RM1650, including rear bumper re-spray.. haha.
All leakages stop after that and he even identified the source of my brake fluid leaks!

If feel unsure, just stick to any of the Site Sponsors, a great deal to begin with!

If its same-day servicing, then you can wait there, no worries. Heck, if its only normal servicing, its better to do it with our Site Sponsors! Most will have well below S$200 oil change package with complimentary car wash!

The JB garage in Permas Jaya (nearer to Woodlands chkpt) on 1st page seems like ok. Never been there but I contacted them before and from the conversation I had, they know the BMW stuff, but they do not allow you to bring your own oil/filter, spare parts etc, unless it is very ex and you agree with them beforehand. Take note that spare parts will have "tax" at malaysian customs if caught.

If you are worried about missing car, then I believe it is quite unlikely as most of the ws mentioned by the bros above have been around a couple of years. Nowadays with Whatsapp, you can call often to check and request for pics on the progress. It will definitely save a bundle as compared to PML.

As a comparison:
Change Flywheel seal,
Change vacuum pump seal (PML will change the whole pump),
Change crankshaft seal,
change oil sump gasket,
Change rear brake pads,
Change engine and gearbox mounting
quoted RM2000 Labour cost (parts I get from ES).
If in Singapore, its about S$900 for labour if do in non-PML WS. Will be slightly lower if done by 1 of the Site Sponsor

In the end, I went to neither. I went to a normal WS in Taman Daya as introduced by my JB supplier, (his old classmate, who had worked on continentals in Singapore for several years and decided to return to help run his dad's WS) for RM1650, including rear bumper re-spray.. haha.
All leakages stop after that and he even identified the source of my brake fluid leaks!

If feel unsure, just stick to any of the Site Sponsors, a great deal to begin with!

Wow that sounds like a pretty good deal! Appreciate the comprehensive reply with regards to my query. Will consider going to JB for servicing and repair works. Cheers! :)

Wow that sounds like a pretty good deal! Appreciate the comprehensive reply with regards to my query. Will consider going to JB for servicing and repair works. Cheers! :)
Thanks. If possible, go "visit" the workshop when you next go grocery shopping first. Meaning, drive pass the workshop, park at a coffee shop a few units away, take a look at what kind of cars are currently there, physically talk to the mechanics/owner to get a feel of the price, their knowledge, any singapore plate, hows the surrounding etc before committing a later date for appointment.

Good to do some homework first. Personally for me, its always a tick if they allow me to bring my own spare parts, cause parts in malaysia is generally more expensive than Singapore. Me wallet thin, old car, no choice.. ha! Good luck

Reviving this thread, I recently got an E30 and I need to do some rust control on it. I was reccomended We Care auto, howvever I have been hearing some mixed reviews about them. I read on other threads that they are expensive? Does anyone know which BMW workshop is good to do older BMWs?

Wecare is not impressively good. Getting expensive and didn't fix the issue. I'm out and looking for another workshop in jb. Please think twice before u proceed to Wecare.

Hi hi... trying to get an updated list... any JB workshops to recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wecare is not impressively good. Getting expensive and didn't fix the issue. I'm out and looking for another workshop in jb. Please think twice before u proceed to Wecare.

Hi bro,can u share what services did u engage WeCare and how much is the damage and expensive As compared to Local WS or other JB WS?

What issue are u having initially?

Thanks for sharing

Hi...im planning to visit BM Auto Garage i have a few questions...note...it will be my first time visiting them..

1. Any idea of their opening time?
2. Do they accept Credit Card?
3. How safe going and leaving our cars there?
4. Are they BMW equipped (e.g. Parts, Diagnostic tool, etc.)?

Appreciate some help...thanks guys!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genshinlabnet

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back