Jurong East Ave 1 accident captured on video

Re: Jurong East Ave 1 accident captured on video

Hi is the video still in first post? Can't see anything....

I myself am a cyclist.. BUT, this time round i'd say it's 101% the cyclist fault..

When I always go for my ride, i'll definitely have my helmet, front & rear lights (in case it gets dark when i'm on my way home)..

and NEVER wear headphones/ear pieces during ride.. it just cancels everything out and can't even hear when ppl horn to alert u...

confirm cyclist fault... all the pedetrians still have not even start crossing the road. the green light for car right of way still there even cyclist touched the ground... nthe car at the blind spot.

Guess what? There were actually postings in FB asking why the car never slow down at a pedestrian crossing.
And why the driver never let go accelerator and put foot on pedal ready to brake. I qquestion that person's IQ - like that can avoid swerving cyclist meh?

Read liao vomit blood.

Although it's the cyclist's fault but eventually the driver will still kena fined and demerit points and claimed insurance against him. Verdict is driver fails to drive with care. Dunno what the f**k rules here.

I urge all drivers to really drive with care and don't take things for granted. I have seen too many redlight beaters and inconsiderate drivers nowadays. Inconsiderate drivers like to hog the lane or swerving (just couldn't get their vehicles straight) etc.. and coincidentally most are FTs (Chinese or Banglas).

There was once I was driving in the UK at night. I was driving slowly along a road in the city center and this drunk ang moh just jumped out to the road when my car was approaching. Fortunately I was driving real slow appreciating the chicks along the road and managed to jam brake in time else he will surely die! He still got the cheek to gesture and laugh at me, thinking it was very funny. We have all sorts of weird people around nowadays. God Bless...

By the way, what is NPNT??

snowmanyee;875731 said:
Although it's the cyclist's fault but eventually the driver will still kena fined and demerit points and claimed insurance against him. Verdict is driver fails to drive with care. Dunno what the f**k rules here.

I urge all drivers to really drive with care and don't take things for granted. I have seen too many redlight beaters and inconsiderate drivers nowadays. Inconsiderate drivers like to hog the lane or swerving (just couldn't get their vehicles straight) etc.. and coincidentally most are FTs (Chinese or Banglas).

There was once I was driving in the UK at night. I was driving slowly along a road in the city center and this drunk ang moh just jumped out to the road when my car was approaching. Fortunately I was driving real slow appreciating the chicks along the road and managed to jam brake in time else he will surely die! He still got the cheek to gesture and laugh at me, thinking it was very funny. We have all sorts of weird people around nowadays. God Bless...

last time no video, ya always kenna "fail to drive with care"

I should say the driver is lucky got the video posted. the cyclist simply bo chiap at all.

anyway I think there is a traffic rule on the cyclist should get down & push his bicycle across predestrian crossing not ride over. in tampines, almost everyday u can see cyclist caught for cycling across pedestrain crossing... btw those are police or LTA officers?

snowmanyee;875731 said:

NPNT = No Picture No Talk. Its the house rule.

iScoupe;875860 said:
in tampines, almost everyday u can see cyclist caught for cycling across pedestrain crossing... btw those are police or LTA officers?

Should be lta or outsourced. Police not so free to jaga this type of nitty gritty things. Nobody wants to join government service nowadays. Very shorthanded.

The cyclist was lucky that he flied off to the side of the car.. if was pinned under the car.. confirmed game over..

i hope the cyclist is recovering, but i am concerned also about that driver. obviously he wasn't at fault. so how the traffic police handle this case? will he be in any trouble with the law?

iScoupe;875860 said:

I should say the driver is lucky got the video posted. the cyclist simply bo chiap at all.

anyway I think there is a traffic rule on the cyclist should get down & push his bicycle across predestrian crossing not ride over. in tampines, almost everyday u can see cyclist caught for cycling across pedestrain crossing... btw those are police or LTA officers?
Yes that is the Rule in black+white. Drivers need to know their rights, in case caught in such a situation which is entirely not driver's fault.

niuzai;875999 said:
i hope the cyclist is recovering, but i am concerned also about that driver. obviously he wasn't at fault. so how the traffic police handle this case? will he be in any trouble with the law?
I hope the driver gets a copy of recorded video, since the driver is 100% innocent plus he get to sue the cyclist for damages to his vehicle and trama caused (driver cannot sleep, worrying, etc etc).

Last edited by a moderator:

snowmanyee;875731 said:

tend to agree, in this case the cyclist albeit oblivious to on coming cars, the driver in the car didn't seem to be on lookout...
worse if he was above the 40kph or 50kph!? speed limit..
if i vaguely recall the case of Korean family (mom+ kids) who crossed Alexandra road in front of Ikea at divider and get in front of on coming traffic.. the case set precedence of the liability of driver based on the distance from pedestrian side walk.
the further away the car from the sidewalk the more the liability... based on reaction time.

in this case the cyclist crossed the first lane, the car didn't seem to jam brake and hit the cyclist at cruising speed.. and continue to cruise perhaps not realising the cyclist had collided. if you study the sequence at 16 and 17th seconds.. the cyclist was already starting to cross the second lane... so the video might not full exonerate him...

cyclist fault for sure but if the consequence is worse such as disability or worst death... driver's nightmare..

drive safe.. and always on a look out.. lots of intelligently challenged folks who think statistics are lies...

I also agree cyclist should be in vehicle's blindspot.

But after having a clear look at the video again.... Cyclist may not be on a blindspot afterall but he was cyclist very fast. Also a fact, the vehicle did hit e brakes just before impact.

View attachment 40207

I have watched this video numerous time. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

When cyclist started to swerve right, car's distance from him was 2 broken white lines.
(With that vehicle speed, between time of cyclist swerving right until point of collision, it takes one second.)

The driver did brake before impact. Which means he did put his foot down on brake pedal in less than a second after cyclists swerved.

What kind of speed will allow the car to stop within a distance of 2 broken white lines? Don't forget reaction time.
Stopping distances for cars - Road Safety Authority Rules of the Road
http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consu...n/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_188029.pdf

So I say in this case it is not possible to prevent a collision, even with the driver on full alert and approaching the junction with care. Unless he travels at 30 km/h because the articles say it takes 10-12 meters to stop if speed is 30-32km/h. (I presume two broken white lines are equal or less than that distance.)
The only difference speed plays a part here (or driver's alertness) is the seriousness of the impact, e.g. whether cyclist survives or not. Not whether there will be a collision or not.

Bicycle cannot hurt car driver. Car driver can hurt cyclist. Don't talk about cyclist - if a pedestrian suddenly get on the road and the light is in the car's favour. And an accident happened, the driver kena.

The only time I saw the car is more important is in Mumbai - Merc s500 hit the cyclist and the driver came out and whack up the cyclist for damaging the car.

The law is about protecting human life and safety. That is above your BMW. When approaching junctions, crossings and cyclists - slow down and be vigilant.

iScoupe;875860 said:

Oilman;875495 said:
Some cyclists, not all :)

Question: if a group of cyclists, each one wearing that "1.5 metre" jersey, bunch up in a group and take up more than a lane, how much safety distance in total should a motorist maintain? :errmm:

Can i also put a decal on my car stating "cyclists stay off 5m".

i must say the number of accidents like this and pedestrian fatalities is very high in singapore.
it is the responsibility of all road users to safeguard their own safety.

Oilman;875495 said:
Some cyclists, not all :)

Question: if a group of cyclists, each one wearing that "1.5 metre" jersey, bunch up in a group and take up more than a lane, how much safety distance in total should a motorist maintain? :errmm:

Can i also put a decal on my car stating "cyclists stay off 5m".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rongbachkimhvcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back