Just Installed! Rieger Front Chin Spoiler & M3 Lip Spoiler

TheWhiteCometOfMakati

Hey Guys,

As usual, here I am with a new addition to my SilverBaby. I finally installed my "oversized" baggage on my ride - a Rieger Front Chin & a M3 lip spoiler! The installation was a fairly simple process, but we had problems with the adhesive that game with the kit because it had hardened already (prob from its long storage in Germany). So instead my body shop decided to use a silicone sealant to hold the bumper while the rivets where being installed. Some masking tape was used to hold the rounded edges while the silicone was drying up.

The Result!!

Pros:
A lower more aggressive stance! Lower clearance compared an M-tech II!
A perfect addition to my stock bumper without the price of an M-tech II!
Surely turned heads on the first cruise home

Cons:
MAJOR SCRAPING ON MY DRIVEWAY :(
HAVE TO REALLY CRAWL ON HUMPS and POTHOLES

Here are some shots of my great afternoon! Enjoy the rest of the week guys! And maybe you can share some inputs on how to deal with your scraping issues, and what other adhesive alternatives I can use to further strengthen the bond of the chin to the bumper.

Re: Just Installed! Rieger Front Chin Spoiler & M3 Lip Spoiler

Dude,

It's LOW. Good luck with your lip! I hope it doesn't come off when you're driving high speed and you hit a dip! Now I worry about my lip as well! It wouldn't be too nice if i'd have to stop to pick up bits of fiberglass on the highway! I'm getting mine on Tuesday. It landed already, clearing with customs tomorrow...

Not feeling it.....sorri......still M-techII is one of the best....

U enjoy!

'The Great White'

wilman2772 said:
Not feeling it.....sorri......still M-techII is one of the best....

U enjoy!

'The Great White'

I have to agree with you on the Mtech II as being the best, but for those on really tight budgets (like me) this is the best I can find without having to give up my bumper. I also felt that just changing the front is not a pure Mtech II, hence my decision to look for the best front to add a little flare to my stock bumper. But hey thanks for dropping by to check it out. I'll post more pics of the other small goodies I plan to install :)

mikeygar said:
Dude,

It's LOW. Good luck with your lip! I hope it doesn't come off when you're driving high speed and you hit a dip! Now I worry about my lip as well! It wouldn't be too nice if i'd have to stop to pick up bits of fiberglass on the highway! I'm getting mine on Tuesday. It landed already, clearing with customs tomorrow...

Chong! Send me pics of your chin or better yet bring it to your office so that I can witness the test fitting!

You said it pare, its kinda hard to drive around now. I have to make alalay on all the humps to clear the front. But hey, its the price we have to pay for sporting a sports bumper.

M-tech II + arquay (sp??) front is the best!

Looks pretty nice, find a agressive side skirt to match!

TheWhiteCometOfMakati said:
Chong! Send me pics of your chin or better yet bring it to your office so that I can witness the test fitting!

You said it pare, its kinda hard to drive around now. I have to make alalay on all the humps to clear the front. But hey, its the price we have to pay for sporting a sports bumper.

Will let you know when I get it. Clearing customs on Tuesday so I should have it within the week! :D

Hehe that means mine is coming soon. Where are you going to get it done Mikey?

jaskin said:
Where are you going to get it done Mikey?

I believe in the Philipines bro..... :lol2:

'The Great White'

Err... oh ok. I thought he's in SG. LOL!

what... i kinda had a feeling about this! so you finally have your lip and halo's, nice job! k, now my turn! i thought you were getting arqray?..

jaskin said:
Err... oh ok. I thought he's in SG. LOL!

Unfortunately, I am not from SG :D, and yes, willman is right, i'm from the philippines. Having some trouble clearing my package from customs though. Package was not shipped door to door, and forwarder's first quotation = amount i paid for the lip. I literally flipped in my office. This officially sucks because final amount if i follow quotation is double what I originally bargained for. Currently looking for options to clear customs with minimal charge.

Subtle, much like the Breyton. But need sideskirts for the aerodynamic appearance to flow......

Yeah its subtle but it does help add some flare to the original bumper. Bad news... I have such a hard time now on the ramps, what stonger adhesives can you suggest to strengthen the bond of the chin to the bumper. I already installed 3 rivets on each side of the left and right front wheelwells.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back