just ordered a 318 coupe....

bigblue

oh sorry, i'm jack, 30, and in the aviation industry. any mods u guys recommend? i'm really not sure wat to ask for from pml?

cheers!

Change to white lights for free! And don't plan to upgrade your rims at PML if u want to upgrade to aftermarket 18" or 19" rims in the future.

White lights are critical, given the facelifted coupe. Your (1) front headlight unit is integrated (changing amber to white side indicators will entail changing the entire unit, including the headlight); your rear brake lights are LED. This will make you amber-to-white-indicators change very expensive.

The other thing is the rims. Stock for coupe is 16" style 43. Press for 17" at least, even if you have decided on changing your rims. Argue that the current 318i is given 17" style 68 as part of their sports package.

Also, look thru the engine bay to see if ur car has got the cover shield underneath...If not, ask for it as I hv seen many new rides didnt come with it.

Welcome to forum. Watch out for the mod bugs as they are pretty lethal :errr: :thumbsup:

Cheers

would recommend that u drop by this month end meetup to see wat u like. u can also get advice from many of the mod kings here! hope to see u! :)

Dude

Congrats on your new ride!

Apart from white lights, try to get PML to include silver trims like these

is38.jpg

Also, take note of the M3 steering wheel with paddleshifts. Simply gorgeous isn't it? The thicker steering wheel, with thumb rests, feels really good in your hands too. If I can afford a E46 coupe, this will be the first thing I will mod.

After that, I will consider the SMG gearknob mod (note, this can also be seen in the pics)

thx!

thanks for all ur advice bros!

will ask the saleslady for the white lights and the cover shield. i dun think i need to pay for these rite?

i dun think i'll change the steering wheel. not yet. just wanna know wat r the stuff i she ask or demand from pml.

what abt the tyres? any feedback pls? goodyear? dunlop? csc?

so when and where is the next meetup?

cheers!

Not sure which type of Goodyear or Dunlop they r offering but I think u shud choose the Conti, but make sure it's Conti Sports Contact 2 and not the version 1 ok?....I suppose this CSC2 is better than the other two...well, at least it's the most expensive one amongst the three choices.

This month's meet up will be on 26 Sep 4.30pm at the carpark adjacent to Kallang McDonald (mark you calendar now!)...

Cya

pml said that the headlights r white, but the sides are amber... and the shield cover is std. i guess that's abt rite?

i think the tyres are csc2. will go for that then!

cheers!

bigblue said:
pml said that the headlights r white, but the sides are amber... and the shield cover is std. i guess that's abt rite?

Press for front white indicators, side repeaters and rear LED brake lights. Just squeeze them before delivery. Tell them even the 318i are given white lights......

The reason is that Eng Soon will quote you $1,800 excluding labour for the entire set to be replaced. Expensive because your front headlight is integrated (headlight and indicator are one unit, gotta change the whole unit). Also, your rear brake lights are LEDs.

Might as well get it done before delivery, if you could.

Hi Big Blue,

Welcome to the big BMW family here........tink the rest of the bros have given u sound advice n I wont repeat wat they say.

However, I share a different view; nowadays the commission n monies that the sales pple earn is pretty transparent. Fixed Comm from PML, yr loan comm, yr insur comm n yr trade-in car ang-bao she receives fm the car dealer etc etc.

ok, out of these monies, she will knock off some for yr discounts n accessories that u bargain for. IMHO, u may as well bargain for a 'rock-bottom' price, get the car stock, n mod yrself. of course, if u ask for accessories from her, she can package into the loan u r takin versus the cash u hav to come out with later if u mod the car.

But I tink the fun of havin a BMW is the modding process. I owned 4 bmws b4 n all of them I mod heavy. Seeing it slowly transform is really the biggest joy I derive......hahah.

Also, go to 18" immediately. Not much loss in power but looks department gains tremendous.

ok, my 2 cents worth n welcome again.

The SMG Gearbox mod is quite ex I think Eng Soon quoted me $500 + for it. The M3 paddleshift doesn't work with nonM3 SMG cars... shucks

Bro

The M3 paddleshift works with Steptronic gearbox, no need for SMG.

Many bros on this forum have done this mod liao. If I can afford an E46 with Steptronic, I would have done the mod liao.

I got SMG, so can't fit the paddleshift mod. Don't really know any way of working around it.

Thanks man, will check it out. Got in touch with Vince when I was in Canada, he used to charge quite a bit a couple of years back. Hopefully the pricing has changed

jaskin said:
The SMG Gearbox mod is quite ex I think Eng Soon quoted me $500 + for it. The M3 paddleshift doesn't work with nonM3 SMG cars... shucks

strange..........all of M3 paddle shift workin well leh. I was driving a 318 b4 tis fyi.

Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debetninja
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back