Kelleners Sport Power Module for F20: GB Feeler

Re: Kelleners Sport Power Module for F20: GB Feeler

Shaynne;868923 said:
Hi Leslie,

Thanks for organising! I'm keen, but will only commit after pricing is available. KIV first can?

Sure just put your name down as this is a feeler, we can push for a better price if we have a good number of cars. The current pricing is already the lowest by a fair bit (in its short history). GB should be even lower. But if you're not ok with the price, you can pull out later.

TabbySan;868930 said:
Will Renys exhaust from FK caused PML to void warranty for engine ? ?
It wil be bad news if OEM void warranty due to aftermarket exhaust esp our F20 still v.new.

From experience, they will only void the warranty if it is related to the mod, if your electric window malfunction, i dont think they can blame it on the exhaust, otherwise yes it WILL void the warranty if it is related.

Once again, if warranty and money is an issue then go stock for the next 2 years, if warranty and money is NOT an issue then go back to authorized dealers for parts and modifications, and if warranty is not an issue but money is then go aftermarket slow and steady, if warranty and money is not an issue then the sky is the limit.

my 2 cents!

Cheers!

TabbySan;868930 said:
Wil PML to void warranty for the engine if we use aftermarket exhaust from Remus via FK ? ?
It wil be bad news if OEM void warranty due to aftermarket exhaust esp our F20 still v.new.

I don't have prior history with PML, maybe the experienced hands can shed some light on this.

Though I know what I'll say if I were PML, "void". Whether it's the part only or the whole car it's up to their discretion and common-sense or lack of....

Thanks Benedictz for good advise! Felt that our F20 still v.new and might be gd to maintain warranty for short while.

benedictz;868941 said:
From experience, they will only void the warranty if it is related to the mod, if your electric window malfunction, i dont think they can blame it on the exhaust, otherwise yes it WILL void the warranty if it is related.

Once again, if warranty and money is an issue then go stock for the next 2 years, if warranty and money is NOT an issue then go back to authorized dealers for parts and modifications, and if warranty is not an issue but money is then go aftermarket slow and steady, if warranty and money is not an issue then the sky is the limit.

my 2 cents!

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bro Leslie, your F20 from PML?
We need to be careful on warranty. I have asked PML about upgrading speakers as i have aftermarket processor/3 way speakers,sub etc (spent 9K+) from previous car. Ans from PML - will void electrical system! hence i sold my equipments.

-based on defects from VW- i learned that oem warranty v.impt and our F20 still new model.

leslie11;868949 said:
I don't have prior history with PML, maybe the experienced hands can shed some light on this.

Though I know what I'll say if I were PML, "void". Whether it's the part only or the whole car it's up to their discretion and common-sense or lack of....

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes, mine is PML car.

I am not surprised at all and I take what they say with a pinch of salt.

Thanks for your concern, I too came from VW and I totally understand your point of view. i also went the Stage 1 route, did my RNS510, coilovers etc and had a lot of fun in the process.

I change my car every 3 years so if I wait for the warranty to lapse I'll never ever get to enjoy any mods.

Just my 2 cents.

Me too.. changing car every 3yrs. Hope VW bros can get rid of their vw soon.

Die lar.. i might kena some poison from u ..must endure. :mad:

Forrestgum;868927 said:
Just out of curiosity....how would the distributor for KS and KS themself warranty your car should there be a problem?

Ex-VW owner here will most probably understand and agree that during the DSG saga, it's doesn't matter who you flash or piggy back your car, VCS just void your warranty unless you pay to buy another ECU even the current one is working perfectly fine. Does it mean that if such thing happen to BMW with KS installed and your car suay suay kena screwed for whatever reason, the disty will take full responsibility to cover the remaining warranty period?

There are many qns asked about detection, warranty and there are also many tuners who claimed and crossed their hearts about being able to piggy back or even flash the ECU without detection from AD?? Can the disty provide an official written statement on their warranty?

Another concern...since the figure posted are very similar to all the other piggybacks, what else justify for the big gap in pricing? :thinking:

My 2 cents...

Sorry Eugene, i missed your post!

Yep I'm fully aware and also experienced with the VW DSG saga, went sold my Golf for that very reason :dramamam:

Unfortunately, KS only warranties cars in the European Union. http://www.kelleners-sport.com/downloads/Kelleners-Sport_Warranty-confirmation_Status-02.11.2010.pdf

The workshop providing the product to us may or may not give us any warranty, I haven't reached that stage yet cos if we can't even get the pricing right, then there is nothing else to talk about. For everyone's info (esp since I haven't told anyone), I have contacted the official SG disti as listed on the Kelleners page to make enquiries too, waiting for their reply.

Personally, I do not mind the premium price of the KS as I know they are a BMW tuner and their reputation is solid. I wouldn't trust my car with a piggyback that contains a tune that is not tested extensively, even if it's free. We bought our F20 at a crazy price, from $150-180k, so naturally we won't want something that can break the car.

I am approaching this from a consumer point of view of course, i.e I want extra power only if the engine and the other components have been tested rigourlessly to be able to take the additional strain, so the question is now how many tuners can claim this right?

It is up to us to make a choice to buy or not based on the info we dig up and the written assurances given to us.

As always, I mean no disrespect in anyway and I apologise if the words seem firm in any way.

TabbySan;869296 said:
Me too.. changing car every 3yrs. Hope VW bros can get rid of their vw soon.

Die lar.. i might kena some poison from u ..must endure. :mad:

Don't worry about the VW bros, many of them are really happy with their cars and I hope their car stays in great shape. I wasn't so lucky but I learnt many things from that episode.

Seriously though, if you have reservations then my advice is not to install it cos you don't want to have that niggling feeling everyday when you are driving right?

I had that exact feeling when I was driving the Golf with the DSG juddering, it got so bad until I was willing to pay crazy money for the F20. My wife drives the car half the time and I don't ever want to put her in a car that can fail anytime.

So if you want to mod, make sure it is something that will make your everyday driving more pleasurable and not the opposite feeling!

leslie11;869306 said:
Sorry Eugene, i missed your post!

Yep I'm fully aware and also experienced with the VW DSG saga, went sold my Golf for that very reason :dramamam:

Unfortunately, KS only warranties cars in the European Union. http://www.kelleners-sport.com/downloads/Kelleners-Sport_Warranty-confirmation_Status-02.11.2010.pdf

The workshop providing the product to us may or may not give us any warranty, I haven't reached that stage yet cos if we can't even get the pricing right, then there is nothing else to talk about. For everyone's info (esp since I haven't told anyone), I have contacted the official SG disti as listed on the Kelleners page to make enquiries too, waiting for their reply.

Personally, I do not mind the premium price of the KS as I know they are a BMW tuner and their reputation is solid. I wouldn't trust my car with a piggyback that contains a tune that is not tested extensively, even if it's free. We bought our F20 at a crazy price, from $150-180k, so naturally we won't want something that can break the car.

I am approaching this from a consumer point of view of course, i.e I want extra power only if the engine and the other components have been tested rigourlessly to be able to take the additional strain, so the question is now how many tuners can claim this right?

It is up to us to make a choice to buy or not based on the info we dig up and the written assurances given to us.

As always, I mean no disrespect in anyway and I apologise if the words seem firm in any way.

No worries...it's always good to share, throw out ideas and raise any concerns so that everyone benefit. I'm sure the question that I posted may have been in the mind of many.....

I'm not on KS and I have nothing against KS. I like the brand and I think it's a great product but just that I find the price is not quite right at this point. The only diff with KS is the throttle control module aka sprint booster that give more butt feel to the driver and of course the reputation.

I will always agree that the price can always be lower...typical Singaporean.

I only wish I could find more hard evidence of people on the KS, maybe got to join some foreign forums to elicit FR. Zeromax and Ben have been the Stamford Raffles and William Farquhar of KS tuning in SG....pardon the analogy, National Day mood starting liao. One thing not many people know is the TRD-like feature built into the KS, maybe the pioneers can elaborate?

Honestly, $2k for the KS is still a bit high but I look back to my VW days with all sorts of tuners with all sorts of prices and aftersales then the KS doesn't seem too overpriced. Another mitigating factor is that being a piggyback it'll be much easier to sell later on, and of course the reputation helps as well.

Agreed . Now if BMW isn't so sticky on warranty, it will be a no brainier.

Well can't blame them actually, it's not their fault if we do things outside their original parameters. See you later at MA, remember you're supposed to help me look after my boys while I try to find out about the other poison out there waiting for us.

Hi all,
Sorry as I seldom come to forum these days.
Well, being the "raffles" of F20 KS (as stated by some ppl here :p), maybe it is time for me to share some thoughts on KS.
Firstly, I remember I posted something on this before, and found it.. so here it is :)

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/1-series-owners/60135-kelleners-sport-5.html

Basically, up till now, I still love my KS..
It just up one level in our drivability. Eco-pro had become comfort, comfort had become sport and sport had become racing mode...
I do agree with the pricing as it is abit too steep, but the reason I bought it is because I know KS is from a reputable company and had been tuning BMW cars way before some other tuners are... so that is why I took the plunge...

FC wise, still pretty good i would say.

Driving pleasure, loving it...

I believe Ben1 writeup is better than me, so do look at the link i posted above and have a feel on it :)

Adding my name to the list

1. leslie11/ Leslie/ 118
2. 1series/ Michael / 116
3. aredstone/ 116 (sometimes in the hopefully near future)
4. shaynne / Ching / 118

aredstone;869436 said:
Agreed . Now if BMW isn't so sticky on warranty, it will be a no brainier.

I agree. I also looking into upgrading power but damn scare of warranty void.

Btw, anyone tried sports +?

I put the gear into just sports today and seriously sped off the rest of the cars. They must be "shit the BMW. show off". :wtf:

If the power kena upgrade, i can't imagine man, the rest of the cars must be "Shit the....., what's that car again". :p

Sport and sport plus has no difference in power output or gear shifts. Only handling changes. Its a reasonably quick ride for 1.6, but no where near performance car level.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryhon1990

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back