Knocking sound coming from Aircon

skylimit

Not sure if anyone encountered this? I have this soft knocking sound whenever the aircon is turn on.... Although the sound is not loud when the radio is on, but just feel a little weird with the sound...

Can anyone suggest what could be the problem?

Re: Knocking sound coming from Aircon

Is the knocking sound from the centre aircon vents? I'm hearing sound of water being pumped behind the aircon control.

how come nowadays so many people hear knocking sounds in their cars???

to be frank.. am not able to locate the actual location...

For my car, the weird sound will only disappear when i adjust the temperature to the lowest (i.e. 16 deg C)

Headache man... This kind of sound very hard to rectify...

I know exactly what you are talking about. I had that problem too on my old 523i. I think it's some kind of flap opening and closing, and it is a very annoying but audible "thud", and the driver can feel it under the floorboard too.

The problem is whenever I start the car the sound is very loud and the beat of the sound goes hand in hand with the car engine during cold start.. Then throughout the day, the sound comes and go.. But when visit the doc, the stupid sound die die also don't want come out... Damn annoying

For me it always come on after a long drive, and not when the car starts. So it is VERY hard to reproduce it, and like you said... by the time you bring it to the shop it stops.

It's a very consistent thud. The speed does not change. Like once every second.

Hi, glad to have found this, i.e. on the soft, consistent "thud" sound on the f10, when the aircon is on. Have you guys managed to fix it? Cause mine had started just a few days ago, not a major discomfort but annoying nonetheless:) thanks.

Mojoboom;1122634 said:
Hi, glad to have found this, i.e. on the soft, consistent "thud" sound on the f10, when the aircon is on. Have you guys managed to fix it? Cause mine had started just a few days ago, not a major discomfort but annoying nonetheless:) thanks.

happens to my F10 too, audible during idling with aircon "on" when the car is stationary.

hope can get more advice and updates on this matter.

TIA

The sound is kinda intermittent, I think it surfaces when the aircon has been on for a while, I.e. If the car had been driving > 30mins.. Don't seem to hear it when I go for a short drive..

But today, I opened up the hood, listened to the sound of the aircon compressor when it's on.. I could hear "chuckling" noises; I'm not a mechanic, but it's sounds like something in there is broken or breaking soon, and that's usually the carbon brushes..I'm gonna get it checked, would prob need to replace it. Anyone know how much it's gonna cost I expect between 400-600 for a recond' unit ?

Hi guys, I have another problem with the aircon. The flow rate of the aircon seems to be lower lower recently. There's also a faint burning smell. Anybody had the same problem?

Seperately, any recommendation for a reliable workshop for aircon?

To date I be learn to live with it.. Better don't do anything if there's no major break down, if not one problem will lead to another.

I am getting a rumbling sound, sounds like from under the hood in front of the passenger side. The sound comes when I first start the car in the morning or when the weather is hot. I have the aircon on auto so the rumbling sound very loud until the car cools down.

I went to PML and the tech diagnose that is the Air-con blower unit filter or something like that that needs to be changed. Arranged for another date to be rectified.

What we did was we put the aircon to manual and full blast it. that's when we could hear the rumbling noise.

Is this what you guys are experiencing too?

Deathchant;1123902 said:
I am getting a rumbling sound, sounds like from under the hood in front of the passenger side. The sound comes when I first start the car in the morning or when the weather is hot. I have the aircon on auto so the rumbling sound very loud until the car cools down.

I went to PML and the tech diagnose that is the Air-con blower unit filter or something like that that needs to be changed. Arranged for another date to be rectified.

What we did was we put the aircon to manual and full blast it. that's when we could hear the rumbling noise.

Is this what you guys are experiencing too?

I had the same problem last year. It's some sort of air con filter in foam form located at the left side of engine bay right below your wind screen. Kinda iof harden after some time and disintegrated.
Just have to clean up that area and change that filter. 30 mins job.

I have the same sound like wengsoon. From the centre Aircon the sound is like a kid slurping or drinking water. It comes on when the car is slowing down to a stop or stationery.

Nohingtodo;1131870 said:
I have the same sound like wengsoon. From the centre Aircon the sound is like a kid slurping or drinking water. It comes on when the car is slowing down to a stop or stationery.

Happened to me.
Sounds like water in e dash area.

They replaced e thermostat

I used to have the water sound when mine was new...stopped after I did the coolant bleeding. Something to do with the air bubbles in the heater core.

Also had a rumbling sound when air con fan at high speed. I suspected air filter area or leaf in blower. Change the air con filter myself and still had the sound. The sound disappeared after a couple of months. I think the leaf dried up and disintegrated.

Mojoboom;1428630 said:

The sound is kinda intermittent, I think it surfaces when the aircon has been on for a while, I.e. If the car had been driving > 30mins.. Don't seem to hear it when I go for a short drive..

But today, I opened up the hood, listened to the sound of the aircon compressor when it's on.. I could hear "chuckling" noises; I'm not a mechanic, but it's sounds like something in there is broken or breaking soon, and that's usually the carbon brushes..I'm gonna get it checked, would prob need to replace it. Anyone know how much it's gonna cost I expect between 400-600 for a recond' unit ?

aircon is not a brushed motor. how certain are you the sound came from the compressor?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
latemarriage
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back