Koni FSD and H&R Sway/Anti-Roll Bars

jonsuta

Hi Bros,

For those who has experiences of installing either or both, I will like to seek for your help to share on your experiences.

The next several mods that I'm considering is to either or both changing my stock shock absorbers to Koni FSD (while keeping the stock springs) and adding the H&R Sway Bars.

The options are as follows:

1) Installing Koni FSD, then install H&R Sway Bars
2) Only installing Konii FSD, as this particular shock absorber will provide the comfort on normal rides, and stiffen on the turns/cornering.
3) Only installing H&R Sway Bars

See if any of the bros can suggest on which will be a better or sufficient option that I should look into, and share your experiences of your ride after installation of the above.

Your opinion and your advice on your experiences are much appreciated, in advance.

Re: Koni FSD and H&R Sway/Anti-Roll Bars

you should get both. if you're going to the meetup tomorrow i can let you have a feel...

installing both at the same time if budget permits also reduces the times you have to dismantle your suspension assembly and do alignment...

ever considered lowering springs?

installed both better...............

Hi bro nYteMarE and bro ac323, thank you for your recommendation. However, if I have only sufficient budget to install one of the two, which one will be the better choice?

what would your priorities be jon?

would comfort be a big issue? esp if you have to ferry your wife and child around often, you may be better off with the koni and not the arb.. but if you're looking for better handling in corners, the arb would be a good choice to go ahead with.. and your next change to perhaps coilovers.. instead of just changed absorbers.. ;)

i've had problems going up certain carparks because of my arbs. international plaza being one of those places (the ramp up curves and the wheels slip; apparently it's possible for one of them to lose contact with the ground in extreme cases)

cheers

nYteMarE;442904 said:

would comfort be a big issue? esp if you have to ferry your wife and child around often, you may be better off with the koni and not the arb.. but if you're looking for better handling in corners, the arb would be a good choice to go ahead with.. and your next change to perhaps coilovers.. instead of just changed absorbers.. ;)

i've had problems going up certain carparks because of my arbs. international plaza being one of those places (the ramp up curves and the wheels slip; apparently it's possible for one of them to lose contact with the ground in extreme cases)

cheers

Hi bro,

Thank you for your advice. You're correct. My priority is to drive my wife and child around, so comfort will, eventually, be quite of a big issue.

Your explanation has helped me to understand more clearly.

Thank you.

nYteMarE;442904 said:
.. and your next change to perhaps coilovers.. instead of just changed absorbers.. ;)

If got wife and kid, must think twice of coilovers. It's quite bumpy.

What I can't understand is: when I go over potholes and the whole car go down then fly up, I curse and swear. All hokkien bad words come out. But behind, my baby laughing and enjoying. :thinking: They like bumpy rides??

C3P0;442995 said:

What I can't understand is: when I go over potholes and the whole car go down then fly up, I curse and swear. All hokkien bad words come out. But behind, my baby laughing and enjoying. :thinking: They like bumpy rides??

i think it's more like simulating an amusement ride when it's bumpy.... :)

well, one thing for coilovers, especially the adjustable ones, you can always adjust it according to the type of driving you intend to do, so can have it soft for everyday driving still...

which reminds me.. need to go find ah lye.. :(

jonsuta;442985 said:
Hi bro,

Thank you for your advice. You're correct. My priority is to drive my wife and child around, so comfort will, eventually, be quite of a big issue.

Your explanation has helped me to understand more clearly.

Thank you.

C3P0;442995 said:

Pardon me bros, I'm currently on coilover and taxi my wife + 3 kids everyday. Somehow I never feel my ride bumpy leh. Do you mean by crossing a hump, you ride is moving up and down, bumpy ?? I thought coilover supposed to be firmer than stock right?

318 NewBoy;443006 said:
Pardon me bros, I'm currently on coilover and taxi my wife + 3 kids everyday. Somehow I never feel my ride bumpy leh. Do you mean by crossing a hump, you ride is moving up and down, bumpy ?? In fact, they only say, "Daddy, why you drive so fast ha?" and my answer to them is "Daddy is a good driver, will never drive fast one, it's other cars that move extremely slow" - Oops OT liao.

My sister never complain. My kid only laugh. I am the only one who KBKP! :lol2:

No, it's not the hump. I slow down at humps, so it is not a problem. It is those:
- metal cover for the manholes.
- roads which are badly patched back (after they digged it out to replace pipes, cables or don't know what.)

I am getting irritated by the above.

OT: When I drive fast, my sister just grab her seat belt. I see her face turn green green. Then I smell something. My baby behind lao sai. :lol2: :lol2:

318 NewBoy;443006 said:
Pardon me bros, I'm currently on coilover and taxi my wife + 3 kids everyday. Somehow I never feel my ride bumpy leh. Do you mean by crossing a hump, you ride is moving up and down, bumpy ?? I thought coilover supposed to be firmer than stock right?

it's not that kind of bumpy bro.. it's the kind of stiff bounce.. the type where you can hear the parts in your cabin shudder... instead of the absorbers and springs causing your ride to go up and down...

i also got the same problem.. over manholes.. badly paved roads.. even worse when i drive up to another country north.. really have to drive slower... no offence to the bros up north.

nYteMarE;443019 said:
it's not that kind of bumpy bro.. it's the kind of stiff bounce.. the type where you can hear the parts in your cabin shudder... instead of the absorbers and springs causing your ride to go up and down...

i also got the same problem.. over manholes.. badly paved roads.. even worse when i drive up to another country north.. really have to drive slower... no offence to the bros up north.

Ya ya, it is not those soft bouncy feeling like you know, ke ke. Very hard. Very irritating. Heart pain for the car...

Hi bros, besides the adjustable height and the adjustable softness for coilovers, any other advantages of the coilover over the after market shock absorbers, like Koni FSD?

Hi bros,

Besides the adjustable height and softness for coilover, any other advantages of coilover over after market shock absorbers, like Koni FSD?

can explain how arb affects handling on straight or bumpy roads. it should not isnt it. it only prevents flexing of the chassis during cornering for reduced body roll when attacking corners and how does it cos the wheel slip as you mention.

nYteMarE;442904 said:

cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ectnocmsp
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back