KW Street Comfort vs KW V3

Liv2Golf

Thinking of improving my F10 ride and handling. Price difference between these 2 around $1k.

Anyone on these can provide some feedback pls.

I transport family of 4 and a maid, don't drive fast and no track. My needs are improve handling, and reduce body roll and most importantly do not wish to scratch undercarriage over MSCP and there must not be squeaking noise from the shocks and suspension.

Don't care much about lowering too much as long as the above are met.

Advice appreciated. Thanks

Re: KW Street Comfort vs KW V3

Liv2Golf;802840 said:
Thinking of improving my F10 ride and handling. Price difference between these 2 around $1k.

Anyone on these can provide some feedback pls.

I transport family of 4 and a maid, don't drive fast and no track. My needs are improve handling, and reduce body roll and most importantly do not wish to scratch undercarriage over MSCP and there must not be squeaking noise from the shocks and suspension.

Don't care much about lowering too much as long as the above are met.

Advice appreciated. Thanks

KWV3 rocks, many of F10 bros are on V3 including me...so far I have 4 person sitting at the rear seat, no rubbing so far:)

Alternatively, do consider AC or H&R springs, it gives you the look and help with the handling n body roll too.

Can street comfort fits F10?

Last edited by a moderator:

KW V3 .... the answer is obvious. besides, the difference is only $1K which is worth it for long term investment
one set of good coilover can last for at least 100k milleage
it's better to mod once and do it right ... instead of dekit and upgrade (waste time waste money)

1k is actually 33% the price difference.
But always use what is tested and proven, v3.
I tot sc was for e60 only.

For those on V3 any creaking or squeaking sound? Does it clear most MSCP

SY3;802849 said:
KWV3 rocks, many of F10 bros are on V3 including me...so far I have 4 person sitting at the rear seat, no rubbing so far:)

Alternatively, do consider AC or H&R springs, it gives you the look and help with the handling n body roll too.

Can street comfort fits F10?

Any sound ?

Liv2Golf;802881 said:
Any sound ?

Bro, no complain, no creaking sound, ride is solid, cleared most car arks so far and worth the investment.:dance:

SY3;802918 said:
Bro, no complain, no creaking sound, ride is solid, cleared most car arks so far and worth the investment.:dance:
What's the damage? Beside to replace the stock suspension, do ve have to sacrifice any feature on the normal drive mode, sport mode or sport+ mode?

Was quoted $4050 + $350 for alignment and installation. It's compatible to adaptive suspension

pReTeNd3r;802930 said:
What's the damage? Beside to replace the stock suspension, do ve have to sacrifice any feature on the normal drive mode, sport mode or sport+ mode?

If you have edc, you need the edc delete module for your KW coilover. You will still keep the dynamic driving control (throttle, gear shift and steering weight etc).

AFAIK if your ride is from PML, only 550i has edc(adaptive drive).

helbreath;802985 said:
If you have edc, you need the edc delete module for your KW coilover. You will still keep the dynamic driving control (throttle, gear shift and steering weight etc).

AFAIK if your ride is from PML, only 550i has edc(adaptive drive).

I'm driving a F10 523... So does it affect those that ou mention?:huhhuh:

pReTeNd3r;803007 said:
I'm driving a F10 523... So does it affect those that ou mention?:huhhuh:

Since your 523i does not have edc, you can change your suspension without any worries. Nothing is affected except you get the benefits of coilover.

How about yourself? Have you lowered on ur 535i?

pReTeNd3r;803014 said:
How about yourself? Have you lowered on ur 535i?

My ride is not lowered. I am considering the cheaper option of using lowering springs, haven't find one day free to get it done. I am on 20" wheels and it is pretty flush with fender so it will look better lowered.

helbreath;803016 said:
My ride is not lowered. I am considering the cheaper option of using lowering springs, haven't find one day free to get it done. I am on 20" wheels and it is pretty flush with fender so it will look better lowered.

I'm also on 20".. Lowered spring will be H&R?... MTL..heehee

Sy3 and I both on KW V3. Well worth the price. No sound, creaking or rubbing. Comfort level can be set from extreme hard to really comfy... all with just Allen Key provided. Once dekit, can easily sell. Difference 1k but after u sell, probably 500.

Your price also look on the high side. I managed to get mine below 3500 inclusive installation.

st8800;803171 said:
Sy3 and I both on KW V3. Well worth the price. No sound, creaking or rubbing. Comfort level can be set from extreme hard to really comfy... all with just Allen Key provided. Once dekit, can easily sell. Difference 1k but after u sell, probably 500.

Your price also look on the high side. I managed to get mine below 3500 inclusive installation.

You mean using Allen key one can easily access the V3 without having to jack the car up?

Liv2Golf;803281 said:
You mean using Allen key one can easily access the V3 without having to jack the car up?

This is the wonder of coilover. Click yourself till you satisfy. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onenationfoundation
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back