KW Variant 3 question

st8800

Just installed on my F10. Everything feels fine after installation. Comfort and road holding all good. No more body roll as well.

However, why must height be lower at the back wheels than the front. If front I put 2 fingers, behind will be have to be one finger. I read that coilovers are supposed to be able to adjust individual height? Why does it still act like lowering springs? Makes the car look funny leh.

Re: KW Variant 3 question

should be same height if not buy lower spring Liao. my last ride Audi do install KW V3, both front and rear same height

st8800;710377 said:
Just installed on my F10. Everything feels fine after installation. Comfort and road holding all good. No more body roll as well.

However, why must height be lower at the back wheels than the front. If front I put 2 fingers, behind will be have to be one finger. I read that coilovers are supposed to be able to adjust individual height? Why does it still act like lowering springs? Makes the car look funny leh.

You mean no more body roll just with the kw v3 even without changing anti roll bar?

The height thing, Wilson taught you is it?
I feel that it's a preference though I leave it in the ride height he set for me.
There's a school of thought that says the rear should be higher in order to give the car stability at high speed, but what speed are we talking about in singapore.
I suppose rear 1 finger front 2 finger is more for making the car look more balanced in terms of ride height, try comparing from the side view of your current setting and other stock F10s or any BMWs and you should see why.

this is to maintain drop ratio as close as possible to oem and balance look. you don't wish the car look like heavily modded waja with the ass up high and nose dive :lol:

even stock suspension front is higher than rear. so, how do you explain this that BMW design the car with front suspension higher than the rear?

having said that, the minor difference of front/rear suspension height does not pose major risk or disadvantage unless you are obssess with track result up to the .01 sec. many bros install coilover with all kind of drop settings and their car still do fine on normal driving including 200kmph at NSH :D

st8800;710377 said:

Last edited by a moderator:

i heard KW V3 shocks when shocked will explode and cause casualty... be very careful ...dont get ur shocks shocked or u will be in shock

ah bui;710402 said:
should be same height if not buy lower spring Liao. my last ride Audi do install KW V3, both front and rear same height
Audi also front higher if stock?

Jason8822;710414 said:
You mean no more body roll just with the kw v3 even without changing anti roll bar?

The height thing, Wilson taught you is it?
I feel that it's a preference though I leave it in the ride height he set for me.
There's a school of thought that says the rear should be higher in order to give the car stability at high speed, but what speed are we talking about in singapore.
I suppose rear 1 finger front 2 finger is more for making the car look more balanced in terms of ride height, try comparing from the side view of your current setting and other stock F10s or any BMWs and you should see why.

Personally I feel body is very minimum even without anti roll bar but more anal drivers may feel differently.

Ya i know stock also front higher, just wondering why. Won't both ends same height look better?

wt_know;710417 said:
this is to maintain drop ratio as close as possible to oem and balance look. you don't wish the car look like heavily modded waja with the ass up high and nose dive :lol:

even stock suspension front is higher than rear. so, how do you explain this that BMW design the car with front suspension higher than the rear?

having said that, the minor difference of front/rear suspension height does not pose major risk or disadvantage unless you are obssess with track result up to the .01 sec. many bros install coilover with all kind of drop settings and their car still do fine on normal driving including 200kmph at NSH :D
So why did BMW make the rear higher?

The real reason for the front to be higher than the rear is caused ur car will be in a take off position
Anytime can fly liao

Pls thank me

U damn good.... posting at 1am... 5:30am and 9:50am... no need sleep ar?

I fixed oem 20" with stock springs now the rear higher front lower imbalance ist norm

Wah u so fast fixed 20" already... which brand? model? Show pics leh....

bump.. i've been reading up on this and seems like KW only makes the V3 for the 3.0L engine (N52B30) hence the front will look higher because our 2.5L engine is lighter. need to adjust the height out of the box. but not sure about compression.. might need to reduce in the front also.

I remember compression was same when I installed.... only ask them to adjust height after I find the imbalance.

I had to raise the front on mine to clear the road humps. Also found that a higher front helps with heavy braking........

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789wintoday

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back