landed house vs strata house

Ahbengdriver

Legendary 10 Years
noticed that stratas have lower psf. What are the disadv of stratas vs true landed homes?

Re: landed house vs strata house

strata house

- usually need to pay management fees
- usually don't have your own gate, but a common entrance instead
- psf appreciate more slowly, but u start lower also
- no control over modifications/renovation of the exterior
- at times parking lot issue

Ahbengdriver;642696 said:
noticed that stratas have lower psf. What are the disadv of stratas vs true landed homes?

u onli own a share of the land for stratas whereas for landed u actually own "land" in singapore. Stratas are like a landed version of a condo project.. more imptly u cant do A&A on it or tear down and rebuild to your preference. .while landed can..i think this is what sets landed apart from other housing options here...

i guess alot depends on your lifestyle, whether you want to have condo like facilities or not as well as a bunch of other stuff -

1. strata the mc will take care of all maintenance of common areas and facilities. also the general facade of your house (pest control and all that stuff too).

2. but of course as pointed out, you can't independently change the look of your facade etc.

3. most stratas come with 2 private parking lots in your basement so unless you have more than 2 cars, this will not be a problem.

4. strata you watch football late at night with buddies over beer and make alot of noise neighbour call security, landed neighbour call police.

5. most importantly, strata you dun own the land. all your neighbours together share ownership of the plot of land that your strata development is built upon.

i think the most impt factor doe stratas......u live in v small commuinity...and u cante really get away from that annoying neighbour.

Doodles;642719 said:
i guess alot depends on your lifestyle, whether you want to have condo like facilities or not as well as a bunch of other stuff -

1. strata the mc will take care of all maintenance of common areas and facilities. also the general facade of your house (pest control and all that stuff too).

2. but of course as pointed out, you can't independently change the look of your facade etc.

3. most stratas come with 2 private parking lots in your basement so unless you have more than 2 cars, this will not be a problem.

4. strata you watch football late at night with buddies over beer and make alot of noise neighbour call security, landed neighbour call police.

5. most importantly, strata you dun own the land. all your neighbours together share ownership of the plot of land that your strata development is built upon.

i like point num 4!!!

thanks everyone for your comments. What do you all think of the strata house of Horizon Green and Horizon Garden. They are 99 LH and about 10 years old already.

Ahbengdriver;642832 said:
thanks everyone for your comments. What do you all think of the strata house of Horizon Green and Horizon Garden. They are 99 LH and about 10 years old already.

think strata better buy 999 or fh.. but thats just my humble opinion. i old school chinaman thinking.

totoseow;642771 said:
i think the most impt factor doe stratas......u live in v small commuinity...and u cante really get away from that annoying neighbour.

but if that neighbour is jambu angmoh lady then bonus! :woottt:

Ahbengdriver;642832 said:

Was looking at that sometime back, more so for the yield as the expats like that kind of concept and it's near the international schools. However, i find it too close for comfort to your neighbour, in fact offers you less privacy than an apartment. If you get a pool facing unit, very noisy leh. Cluster housing tends to build upwards, the layout on each floor a bit weird, rooms are quite small. The smaller development (I think is Horizon Green) is more exclusive but the maintenance charges are quite high. For that price, might as well buy an inter terrace at Sembawang Hills side, at least it's 999 or FH.

hitmee said his dog house is strata & his house is landed. Sometimes he rent to guni.

Parking is a real PITA. Especially if u have family and friends over often. Privacy is next IMO.

What u guys think of The Greenwood? FH land but sold as 103 yrs LH (now 100 yrs left).

Plus point of cluster housing is you have security guards and shared amenities like swimming pool, clubhouse and gym which most landed housing do not have.

C3P0;642985 said:
What u guys think of The Greenwood? FH land but sold as 103 yrs LH (now 100 yrs left).

Far east?
si beh chao!

Goodman Crest in the east looks good. It has detached houses with a lift within each house.

hitmee;642989 said:
Far east?
si beh chao!
Yup. Why chao?

Hiadees what about SpringHill along sembawang? Will it be affected in some way by the new NS expressway?

pure landed properties got better capital appreciation potential in future compared to strata titled landed

Doodles;642719 said:
i

Landed must round like minded pissed off neighbours first then call police... hahaha.... if not they don't care one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88bar
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back