LCI5's CD Changer cannot play MP3

Re: LCI5's CD Changer cannot play MP3

are u using a cdrw? some players can only read cdr

But the same MP3 CDR can be played with my headunit. Should not be the disc problem rite?

Can it play MP3 tracks in the first place? My SE didn't say anything abt that when I got my car back in June. I always thought its a normal CD changer/player.

If I remembered correctly, my E90 CD Changer can play this same MP3 disc.

MP3 disc can only be played with the single disc player in the head unit. The CD Changer, as far as I know, cannot play MP3 discs.

Nice .. let me burn a disc and try this weekend and let u know.

My colleague pre-LCI 5 single disc HU and disc changer cannot play MP3 disc at all.

TheNew7;235513 said:
MP3 disc can only be played with the single disc player in the head unit. The CD Changer, as far as I know, cannot play MP3 discs.

Not all 5 series' HU can play MP3, if I'm not mistaken, it started after they 'mini-LCI-ed' the 5 (i.e after they introduced the 523)... You will notice that the previous ones did not have the flip cover just below the light switch too.....

bmw3er;236050 said:
My colleague pre-LCI 5 single disc HU and disc changer cannot play MP3 disc at all.

The pre-LCI we tested on is from a pretty new batch, SGJ number plate. Mini LCI already?

TheNew7;236079 said:
Not all 5 series' HU can play MP3, if I'm not mistaken, it started after they 'mini-LCI-ed' the 5 (i.e after they introduced the 523)... You will notice that the previous ones did not have the flip cover just below the light switch too.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProtonBits
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back