Leather of seats peeling off

Sukuragi

Hi all,

My car is just into 2 mth old and the Dakota leather is peeling off frm both my driver and passenger seats!! I am wondering when will my back seats start to peel too, nw back seats not utilise.
It is peeling from the rim of the seat which is facing the door.
I call my SE and he told me that there is 2 years warranty for leather seats.
I send in my car to servicing dept, and they took photos of it.
The servicing guy told me that have to send to BMW asia for approval.
I couldn't believe such quality coming frm a premium brand.
Any bros have the same issue? Any advice?
Thank u in advance =)

Re: Leather of seats peeling off

2 months old new car? this is unacceptable ! go bang table

yes 2 mths old only, the PML customer service officer say have to send the pics to BMW Asia for approval.
Only approved then can change the leather seats. If not approved, I will bang and destroy the table, lol....
I actually want them to change all the seats because I fear that the back seats will also be the same scenario in a matter of time.
I really doubt the quality that they provide to customers, tuck tuck sound from the car, now the leather seat peeling off, dono wat is next....
I dont have any problem at all when I was driving my toyota
Tough luck i guess

Yah bro, i will want them to change all my seats.
Still pending their response for changing the front 2 seats.
CSO say need to wait for 10 to 15 days for their response. What type of service standard is it????
Have to wait abt 2 weeks for their response!!!!!

wow your seats look very worn for a 2 month old car. do you wear jeans and sit on the edge of your side bolsters all the time?

No lei bro, I also dono wat happen.
The colour looks dull in pic because of poor lighting. The seat colour shd be brighter

Its happened to me too. Went complaint but they are going to respray the leather for you. Its will take 8 hours for the paint work to dry up.

Get ALL replaced. Once agreed, ask the SE to use a ball-point pen to mark a "X" on the seat to ensure that all the seat will be replaced. Let him do the marking, not you.

They should also give you a courtesy car.

Nickg;721952 said:
Its happened to me too. Went complaint but they are going to respray the leather for you. Its will take 8 hours for the paint work to dry up.
Hi Nickg, how old was ur car when it happen?

MapleLeaf;722002 said:
Get ALL replaced. Once agreed, ask the SE to use a ball-point pen to mark a "X" on the seat to ensure that all the seat will be replaced. Let him do the marking, not you.

They should also give you a courtesy car.
Hi MapleLeaf,
I am not sure if they will replace nw, our bro Nickg jus highlighted he only got a spray of paint on his leather.

detach8;721942 said:
wow your seats look very worn for a 2 month old car. do you wear jeans and sit on the edge of your side bolsters all the time?

No lah, new car must bring chicks to east coast car park hanky panky. So the massive movement caused leather peeling. After that wife ask why seat peeling, so best to go PML and complain quality issue. :D:D:D

tis is terrible for a 2mth old car.....hope you get your redress soon

They're not leather , they just vinyl coated leatherette... A very low quality one to be exact...

The seats look very worn for 2 mths bro.. Look like 2 years.. The leather patinas and those stains...

U should clean ur leather often to keep it in good condition , you could have gotten a lemon seats this time round but if don't keep it clean , next time u won't be able to sell ur car due to worn leather

Terry;722129 said:
They're not leather , they just vinyl coated leatherette... A very low quality one to be exact...

The seats look very worn for 2 mths bro.. Look like 2 years.. The leather patinas and those stains...

U should clean ur leather often to keep it in good condition , you could have gotten a lemon seats this time round but if don't keep it clean , next time u won't be able to sell ur car due to worn leather

Bro, it is not stain. It is the leather colour after the peel. Looks like stain when I first seen it.
I was given dakota leather for the car, unless PML short change me, which I will have no idea on it, ha ha ha...

that means those bros who bought the 5er also got the same kind of leather as u? mine is black so also cannot see....but i do find the quality a bit the......=(

confirm lemon la
how can a 2 months old leather condition worst than 2 years old

Sukuragi;722153 said:
Bro, it is not stain. It is the leather colour after the peel. Looks like stain when I first seen it.
I was given dakota leather for the car, unless PML short change me, which I will have no idea on it, ha ha ha...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
77betink

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back