Leather of seats peeling off

Re: Leather of seats peeling off

[email protected];732667 said:
Sperry really?Sakuragi, did your sales agreement have dakota leather written inside? Mine don't have.

yup from the pictures in the first post the material looks 100% like my prev ride same biege somemore. the 318 seat has only a thin hard layer of cushion which is rather harsh even jap cars more comfy the diff between 318 and other models really is heaven and earth

Pmfteh: Mine is the edition series. Is urs edition series?
Sperry: I remember my se did mention is Dakota leather.
I even ask the Munich auto servicing officer whether is Dakota leather, he said yes.

I check Liao, confirm Dakota leather as it is edition series, with " edition" lettering on the door entry sills. =)

Last edited by a moderator:

Spoken today with servicing exec, seems like there are a few cases of leather peeling recently.

tellme;732774 said:
Yes is the same
On the driver side
Mine worse both driver and passenger side kena, sianz.....
Is ur colour beige too?

I bought mine Junr last year, believe that it's around the same time you have it, the only thing written in the sales agreement was a M aerodynamic kit.Bro can snap picture and post, I can't seems to find the word.

But i recall my sales guy telling me is Dakota leader, my wife spend almost 30 mins on the colour and trimming combination.

Good luck, guys, in getting a fair outcome. From what you've written, this is clearly not acceptable and unbecoming of a Premium Brand Automobile company!

Truth be told, even in my F02, I feel the leather quality isn't as good or luxurious as when I was driving the Mercs. And, another forumer mentioned that he (or his friend) felt that the leather offered in the W221 was superior to that of the leather in the F02 - I would have to agree that the MB's leather feels softer & more luxurious.

BMW needs to start taking care of minutiae like this, if it wants to keep the "no 1 premium car brand in Singapore" title!

bmw don't give a damn about singapore ... the market is as small as peanut to them

we need american, german and the chinese to shake them up a little bit :D
BMW's biggest single market is the United States, where it sells about 18 percent of its vehicles. It is followed by Germany and China, accounting for 17.8 percent and almost 14 percent, respectively.

nonetheless, bmw aims to get to the top for 2012 worldwide sales. competition drives excellence. i do hope merc and audi/vg can give bmw a run for their money.

[email protected];732914 said:
I bought mine Junr last year, believe that it's around the same time you have it, the only thing written in the sales agreement was a M aerodynamic kit.Bro can snap picture and post, I can't seems to find the word.

But i recall my sales guy telling me is Dakota leader, my wife spend almost 30 mins on the colour and trimming combination.

I bought mine in nov. the word edition is on the side of ur car when u open door, can see it. On driver and passenger side. I try to upload show u tonight.

wobbles;732924 said:
Good luck, guys, in getting a fair outcome. From what you've written, this is clearly not acceptable and unbecoming of a Premium Brand Automobile company!

Truth be told, even in my F02, I feel the leather quality isn't as good or luxurious as when I was driving the Mercs. And, another forumer mentioned that he (or his friend) felt that the leather offered in the W221 was superior to that of the leather in the F02 - I would have to agree that the MB's leather feels softer & more luxurious.

BMW needs to start taking care of minutiae like this, if it wants to keep the "no 1 premium car brand in Singapore" title!
Thanks bro. I totally agree, we pay premium prices to expect premium quality.
Generally, I feel BMW as a whole shd step up on their QC, especially the production is direct frm Germany!
My servicing exec say have to wait awhile as BMW Asia handles the whole asia hence waiting period longer.

wt_know;732931 said:
bmw don't give a damn about singapore ... the market is as small as peanut to them

we need american, german and the chinese to shake them up a little bit :D

nonetheless, bmw aims to get to the top for 2012 worldwide sales. competition drives excellence. i do hope merc and audi/vg can give bmw a run for their money.
Yah man, don't let them ya ya papaya, lol....
More competition will make them really work harder and provide premium quality cars.

Sukuragi, I took a picture of my E90 Dakota this morning and can't help but feel that the ones they gave you looked a little rubbery compared to mine, which is more than 5 years old. The seat is practically not affected and I can accept some abrasions on the back-rest.

I suspect the ones they gave you was leatherette as Terry pointed out. See my pics.

If you want, I could also take photos of my Dakota & show/share it with you - then you can go bang table - if it is indeed leatherette instead of leather!

E90 318 should be synthetic (not real) leather and not dakota leather
i could be wrong as pml change their spec/option frequently

It is suppose to be synthetic for 318, but the one I gotten was of a change specs.
Plus I have check the Servcing exec at munich and also seen pics sample in the 3 series sales info book, it looks similar too

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
77betink

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back