Leather seats - crack and wrinkles

Re: Leather seats - crack and wrinkles

iScoupe;341906 said:
too bad bro, this Jack not related, the Jack who climb the bean stalk is my cousin ! The pirates is my uncle !
You are the Jack the Raper, sorry I mean Ripper! :lol2:

can jackspeed do any with monogram?

Re: Leather seats - crack and wrinkles, what to do?

C3P0;341638 said:
Hi everyone,
I sent my car for grooming (which includes leather treatment) every 3 mths, and in between that I do my own leather conditioning every 2-3 wks (I'm lazy...).

But my leather seats, where both me and sister sits, are starting to wrinkle. And in some places, it has small cracks.

Is there any good place to recommend to recover the leather to better conditions? And may I know roughly the damage?

Thanks for helping!

hey bro! what do you use to protect yr leather? Could the cracking be due to that?

strauss;370584 said:
hey bro! what do you use to protect yr leather? Could the cracking be due to that?

Hi bro, I use some leather oil, think it is Armor All ......

After my last grooming session, it looks better, so now I just use water and cloth to wipe it clean. I think I may have applied too much of the leather protector thinggy, so a bit scared now.

I'm looking for cushion now:

robot, go for the bucket seats lah.

no leather, and nothing will come between your butt and the carbon fibre.

sounds good?

jinooi;370685 said:
robot, go for the bucket seats lah.

no leather, and nothing will come between your butt and the carbon fibre.

sounds good?

Cannot cannot, me very skinny, so my butt no fresh, the bone rub against the CF damn painful :lol2:

Anyway, need cushion for back seat also. Must put baby seat liao....

OT: Bro, I have found the best cure for mod virus. PM me for the medicine's name. Guarantee it will break your piggy bank until left with no $$ :nehnehhh:

C3P0;370683 said:
Hi bro, I use some leather oil, think it is Armor All ......

After my last grooming session, it looks better, so now I just use water and cloth to wipe it clean. I think I may have applied too much of the leather protector thinggy, so a bit scared now.

I'm looking for cushion now:

hi bro! too much will crack oso ah? wa...i better watch too, tend to overdo it - i oso use armorall...

strauss;371067 said:
hi bro! too much will crack oso ah? wa...i better watch too, tend to overdo it - i oso use armorall...

Hi bro, no worries. What I suspect is that my pants were dirty. So i t brought some sand or particles to the leather seats. Then when I sat on it, they rub and rub, till cracks appear. That's why I try to wipe them clean more often. I guess it is not due to the armorall.....:thumbsup:

Sometimes I feel like telling my wife to sit properly in the centre of the seat, and not lean towards one side - to prevent the side from cracking. But I can't bear to say this to her le....:)

thanks for clarifying, bro. Now i can go ahead with armorall wif more confidence ....

have to echo C3PO's views,
wiping down leather seats with a damp (using water) cloth weekly is key to maintaining your leather seats and the prevention of dirt accumulation. Dirty leather wears out a lot faster. You can also gauge if your seats need a wipe by the amount of dust on your dashboard as it's also probably on your seats (though your seats would probably be dirtier!)
besides that, there's the usual routine of cleaning off stains and conditioning/feeding leather.

Dear all Bimmer members,

I'm Dez from Jackspeed. Jackspeed is a public listed company engaging in leather upholstery for automotive and aviation and we are also TUV certified which is important in the automotive industries with more and more cars equipped with side air bags. All leather used by Jackspeed are all "automotive leather", unlike some in the market using the "standard" leather. The differences are mainly in the UV resistant as well as flame retardant abilities which is important in terms of safety standards.

I will be most pleased to be of service to all members. Should anyone be interested to retrofit or even "repair" and "replace" certain defects portion, you may look for me.

But just to note, for repair, it's subjected to suitability and matching availability.

For complete overhaul, you may visit our website at Jackspeed Corporation Limited for viewing of colour and colour matching, you are able to customize various colour to personalize your beloved car, including not too complex embrodiery. Not just that, we can also wrap steering, handbrake and gear including the leather wrap covering the stem but are not exhaustive.

I can be contacted at [email protected] or 96951379.

Hope to be of service.

Many thanks!

Rgds,
Dez

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iphone16seriesclickbuy