Like drinking water!!

Re: Like drinking water!!

Littlered;450705 said:
I'm not so sure about the factory run-in part...

really? hmm... i always thought that it was... anyone can confirm?

Kaiser;450707 said:
really? hmm... i always thought that it was... anyone can confirm?

I'll be very happy if someone can confirm that BMW does factory run-in too. Can't find this acknowledgment anywhere official.

BMW has HUGE production orders. Very doubtful that it does factory run-in. Same with most large volume Japanese makes.

Edit: Didn't manage to catch the factory tour when I was at Munich. Darn...

Citibanker;450684 said:
Haha...

I pumped full and did 300km now with half the tank gone. If i dun remember wrongly, full was abt $120.

I prefer Vpower as it gives more milege and thus, need not pump so frequently.

I'm a GUY!!!!!! LOL....How many women u see with E60??

Indeed, the consumption seem to be better after 200km. My first 200 took up almost half tank but after which, the next 100km took up less than a quarter tank.

Am i right that run in should reach 2000km? Or issit 1000km is enough?

I'm itching to floor the pedal!!!!!

My previous drive is a Jetta sport Twin charged but 1.4L.

Full tank with V-power is slightly over $130, if I m not wrong. Jux did first pump, full tank on the 28th, the monthly meetup day, 1 day after receiving my baby. Did over 300km by now, still got 30% left. The first 100km was quite bad, 15.5l/100km urban, By 200km its already 12.8l/km. Now over 300, urban is between 10.8 - 11.8l/km, depends on traffic lights lah.

I reckon by 500 -800 is the point of maturity.

Just to let all into a secret. Tuesday nite, at 3am, just tested the TPE. From Ikea Tampines to Yishun exit. Tried everything liao, Sports mode, Tiptronic, rev to over 6000, and yes tested 190 on a Singapore road. oops Of course, on the way back, I cruise at under 100.:woottt: :woottt:

Cheers

kim_pioneer;450713 said:
Full tank with V-power is slightly over $130, if I m not wrong. Jux did first pump, full tank on the 28th, the monthly meetup day, 1 day after receiving my baby. Did over 300km by now, still got 30% left. The first 100km was quite bad, 15.5l/100km urban, By 200km its already 12.8l/km. Now over 300, urban is between 10.8 - 11.8l/km, depends on traffic lights lah.

I reckon by 500 -800 is the point of maturity.

Just to let all into a secret. Tuesday nite, at 3am, just tested the TPE. From Ikea Tampines to Yishun exit. Tried everything liao, Sports mode, Tiptronic, rev to over 6000, and yes tested 190 on a Singapore road. oops Of course, on the way back, I cruise at under 100.:woottt: :woottt:

Cheers

wah bro u champion leh... if tio matah license up lorry liao. fastest i ever went was 160 niah, and even then i was afraid of getting sniped, so had to quickly brake back to

Kaiser;450717 said:
wah bro u champion leh... if tio matah license up lorry liao. fastest i ever went was 160 niah, and even then i was afraid of getting sniped, so had to quickly brake back to

kim_pioneer;450731 said:
... I cheong on Tuesday bcos a W_X jeow me. SO Uncle shoot the small bird down lah...

10 years ago when I was on a coach trip in Italy, we had this top notched coach driver who was unfazed by anything on the road. His name was Luigi. He took us all around Italy from city to city through highways, suburbs, country roads, mountain roads and farm roads without a hitch.

We encountered numerous traffic jams as the Italians had 2 public holidays in a row and everyone and their mother-in-laws were on a road trip to visit far-flung families. We had sunday drivers cutting across the coach without signalling, little kids barely licensed running italian cars against each other and the coach, horse-drawn carriages hogging one lane roads, and idiots shouting racist chants at us tourists.

But through all that Italian chaos, Luigi was calm and smiling always. He always had a smile and a wave for the other drivers even if they cut him off or stick the finger at him for no apparent reason. He showed genuine love in his driving and is not affected by any of the madness outside. Sitting behind him watching him drive was a pleasure. I told myself the day I can drive like him is the day I can call myself a good driver.

We gave him a big tip when we said goodbye.:cool:

Citibanker;450684 said:
Haha...

I pumped full and did 300km now with half the tank gone. If i dun remember wrongly, full was abt $120.

I prefer Vpower as it gives more milege and thus, need not pump so frequently.

I'm a GUY!!!!!! LOL....How many women u see with E60??

Indeed, the consumption seem to be better after 200km. My first 200 took up almost half tank but after which, the next 100km took up less than a quarter tank.

Am i right that run in should reach 2000km? Or issit 1000km is enough?

I'm itching to floor the pedal!!!!!

My previous drive is a Jetta sport Twin charged but 1.4L.

Bro, my car is E90 320i, half tank can do at best 300km also. If Im not wrong E90 and E60 have same capacity fuel tank or maybe slightly bigger nia. Ur car fuel consumption very good liao lo. kekekeke. I find the fuel consumption still not too bad for my car, for urs, its already very good liaoz. :D

In my 525, I do averagely about 550km - 600km on one full tank. I do this kind of distance on a weekly basis.

Littlered;450737 said:
10 years ago when I was on a coach trip in Italy, we had this top notched coach driver who was unfazed by anything on the road. His name was Luigi. He took us all around Italy from city to city through highways, suburbs, country roads, mountain roads and farm roads without a hitch.

We encountered numerous traffic jams as the Italians had 2 public holidays in a row and everyone and their mother-in-laws were on a road trip to visit far-flung families. We had sunday drivers cutting across the coach without signalling, little kids barely licensed running italian cars against each other and the coach, horse-drawn carriages hogging one lane roads, and idiots shouting racist chants at us tourists.

But through all that Italian chaos, Luigi was calm and smiling always. He always had a smile and a wave for the other drivers even if they cut him off or stick the finger at him for no apparent reason. He showed genuine love in his driving and is not affected by any of the madness outside. Sitting behind him watching him drive was a pleasure. I told myself the day I can drive like him is the day I can call myself a good driver.

We gave him a big tip when we said goodbye.:cool:

Pardon my rudeness: The moral of the story is?

Citibanker;450684 said:
Haha...

"I pumped full and did 300km now with half the tank gone. If i dun remember wrongly, full was abt $120. " V-Power price!

pump 98, its good enough for 525. Otherwise V-power do helps alittle on FC but negligible on our urban roads. Go to NS Hwy n u will feel yr FC has suddenly improved so much!
I m drving 525 since new for 8 mths, FC started 9, then 8.5 then 8km/l or sometimes 7.5
lots of reasons, but technically, it boils down to 1, yr ave speed.
OBC is guide, but quite realistic guide. If yr ave speed is 40kph, yr FC shows 8l/km
if yr ave speed shows 60kph, FC will be 8.5km/l
if u calculate manually, like pump 60L petrol, then measure km upon next pump of 60L. do this over 2~3 times, n u will hv idea of yr FC, usually not far from OBC.

Now, with Velocity, lighter 19" staggered rims, iginition upgrade, the rest has yet to change (KNN filter, xxxx platinum plug or liquid molly etc...) I ALREADY ENJOYED THE DRIVING MACHINE!:p
my FC has stabilise ard 8.2km/l

ps: 520 (new) can do 11km/l fyi,
and 523 (2007~) can do 9km/l though 523 r same engine size as 525

"My previous drive is a Jetta sport Twin charged but 1.4L.
"

this car has v good FC.:D
that explains yr pain on higher FC...as I was used to 8.5~9km/l on my previous Nissan V6
:shakebon:

TheNew7;450742 said:
In my 525, I do averagely about 550km - 600km on one full tank. I do this kind of distance on a weekly basis.

I m surprise u can do 600km.
whats yr ave speed shown on yr OBC?

also may I know if "TheNew7" bro, how many litres did u pump after each time mileage abt 550~600km? if u pump 70litre, then reaching 600km will only read 8.5km/lire as actual FC
I mean I can go up to 55km, but light is on, n dashboard will show "-" sign on km...which i think is way below recommended, by bottoming out the fuel tank, leaving fuel pump to potentially "run dry" eventually.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

DONT RECOMMEND THIS TO BE POSTED:slaphead:
its so easy to get energised when behind these machines, but lives r too difficult to raise.
treasure it. Be safe. There r other lives ard you too. :stop!:
or go high on track.

JLMC;450945 said:
I m surprise u can do 600km.
whats yr ave speed shown on yr OBC?

Speed usually about 38-ish kmh. I'm also running on 20" which means mileage usually higher....

kim_pioneer;450731 said:
You r right. Don't know what got into me that day; I think driving like snail for more than a week really unleash the hidden monster. After the ride, then realise the consequences.

So a piece of advise to all, want racing go P.G(Pasir Gudang).

After the monster go home liao, I go back to driving below 100 again. Hopefully, those young punk driving W_X or C_v_c type R, or Ev_ X done jeow me on the road. Or else "uncle's monster" will come back again. I cheong on Tuesday bcos a W_X jeow me. SO Uncle shoot the small bird down lah:biggun: :biggun: :biggun: :biggun: :biggun: :biggun:

Wow! .. you took down a WRX?.... powerful e60 you got there.. curious on what lump and bolt on you got under the hood..!

TheNew7;450962 said:
Speed usually about 38-ish kmh. I'm also running on 20" which means mileage usually higher....

I m still curios...it shld not be that far away..
can you show yr OBC to us? or can you help us to understand better what kind of "mod" (other than yr 20" which I think shld not affect FC) or parts that you had replaced that may hve help yr FC.
is yr 525 218hp also and Y2008?

thanks if you can reply.;)

TheNew7;450962 said:

highway or urban mix? 600km from a full tank means about 10km/liter that is blardy good for a bimmer for urban. i am not surprised if it is highway though

zag;450978 said:
Wow! .. you took down a WRX?.... powerful e60 you got there.. curious on what lump and bolt on you got under the hood..!

Jux a 2.5. Didn't know wat got into me that day. Got really pissed when he's ramp next to my ride, look at me. Then he sped up, slow down till next to my ride, stare at me again, then ramp. Did it a few times, veri too lanz , then jux switch to s-mode, ramp n hit 190. Or jux my luck that I met a lousy WRX driver.

JLMC;450946 said:

Cheers

DONT RECOMMEND THIS TO BE POSTED:slaphead:
its so easy to get energised when behind these machines, but lives r too difficult to raise.
treasure it. Be safe. There r other lives ard you too. :stop!:
or go high on track.[/QUOTE]

If you read my earlier post, I have clarified myself.. and acknowledged that its not a recommended action. Got pissed that day by a punk. But still is not a recommended action

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
77betink

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back