• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Locking wheel nut (key) is damaged. Which workshop can help to remove the wheel...

sbc55

Hi,

My tyre punctured today and i went to a nearby tyre shop to fix it. The side wall of the tyre was damaged so i have no choice but to change tyres.

The workshop managed to take out and replace 2 wheels but can't remove the lock wheel nuts for the remaining 2 wheels because the wheel nut key was damaged. They can't remove the wheel now and they said they will buy a new key from pml. But since my car was from PI and i am not sure whether they will sell to me.

So instead of waiting for this, is anybody know any workshop that can help remove wheel nut without key? Thanks.

Re: Locking wheel nut (key) is damaged. Which workshop can help to remove the wheel..

Without that key will be impossible to remove that nut. That's why it's an anti theft nut. Can borrow from others or some other tyre shops may have?

Re: Locking wheel nut (key) is damaged. Which workshop can help to remove the wheel..

I found ebay selling for original wheel nut key. I am checking with them now. Fingers crossed.

We got into a few situations with the lug nut ...... There is a trick to it.

Codewerx;1114427 said:
We got into a few situations with the lug nut ...... There is a trick to it.

bro, you can do it? give me a quote. Thanks.

sbc55;1114428 said:
bro, you can do it? give me a quote. Thanks.

What's app you later today ..... Small thing - see if can help first.

Check with Tristan from Hurry Battery (he's at Mackenzie now). He did it for mine.

sbc55;1114422 said:
Hi,

My tyre punctured today and i went to a nearby tyre shop to fix it. The side wall of the tyre was damaged so i have no choice but to change tyres.

The workshop managed to take out and replace 2 wheels but can't remove the lock wheel nuts for the remaining 2 wheels because the wheel nut key was damaged. They can't remove the wheel now and they said they will buy a new key from pml. But since my car was from PI and i am not sure whether they will sell to me.

So instead of waiting for this, is anybody know any workshop that can help remove wheel nut without key? Thanks.

sbc55;1114425 said:
I found ebay selling for original wheel nut key. I am checking with them now. Fingers crossed.
every nut key carry a number (like ABC xx) , diff number for diff lock nut (is the combination of teeth and diameter)
going back PML they have full range of spare key available you can buy.
BUt I am not sure will they entertain you because yours is PI car.
I believe money can do lot of thing.
hopefully any WS here can help you
Next time is good that you record down the Lock number so that you are able to buy 1 over the counter or ebay(still got some risk getting the wrong one which you already pre paid )
to me I have never like to have this kind of wheel lock stuff
have heard few cases like misplaced / lost / damaged.
I suppose it give more problem than benefit.
remove them and replace it with normal bolt

Just found out for the f30, there is no wheel lock nut provided?

sbc55;1114422 said:

take a look at this video ... try at your own risk ...

[video=youtube;mJUUyjJqk5A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJUUyjJqk5A[/video]

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rongbachkiminfo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back