Long long long long wait.....

Re: Long long long long wait.....

golfgti;498732 said:
does it usually take a PI BMW 4months to get here?
quite possible, depends on whether they have cleared the previous batches from the distributor overseas. and also sometimes u spec ur car which becomes non Ex stock and can take longer.

pengful;498719 said:
We are talking about parallel channel. My E90 was from Munich factory, which I believe is a contract to produce for PML (authorised dealer) in SIN. I don't think any other people can get a RHD model directly from the factory.

It is highly possible parallel importers get their stock from UK, the only Euro country on RHD. Correct me if I am wrong.
I know what u mean. However, look at this german link BMW Produktionsnetzwerk - Werke im BMW Verbund | bmwarchiv.de. In UK, the production is limited to Mini Cooper, 4 pot engine & suspension component. For PI, it is sourced either from UK or Japan. It is very hard to find PI who import directly from Germany.

anyone know when do they start production in 2010? i was told that my car will be built in 2010..hopefully its 1st jan.......

Alexxx;499549 said:
anyone know when do they start production in 2010? i was told that my car will be built in 2010..hopefully its 1st jan.......

When did u order ure car? custom order ah? the actual car takes only 2-3 days to build, but its the waiting time for production & delivery that causes the lengthy delay. think thats y PIs quote abt 4 mths for custom order.

Alexxx;498549 said:
Vin car

Hmmm havta check with them coz i doubt they ordered from factory...most prob from dealer there...so dunno if i can actually go test it before taking delivery

Ooh be extremely careful on this. Unless it is an official manufacturer programme, LTA will deem your car used and slap on an additional SGD10K tax. I tried doing that with my Boxster in UK -- LTA said no deal.

DriveAllDay;522147 said:
Ooh be extremely careful on this. Unless it is an official manufacturer programme, LTA will deem your car used and slap on an additional SGD10K tax. I tried doing that with my Boxster in UK -- LTA said no deal.

its okie...signed and everything liaoz...so if really havta pay is the dealer pay right?

Car arriving first week of march...was told fastest i can take delivery is mid-end march

sianzzz...still got so many more weekends to burn........

Alexxx;522155 said:
its okie...signed and everything liaoz...so if really havta pay is the dealer pay right?

Car arriving first week of march...was told fastest i can take delivery is mid-end march

sianzzz...still got so many more weekends to burn........

Congrats bro! my car also coming soon! cannot tahan...

Hmmm...delay seems to be a common issue with PI's here.
My car is arriving end March (at least on the sales agreement) but my recent conversation with the SE makes me think twice now. First excuse (back in Dec 2009): car on its way to HK. Second excuse (March 2010): car STILL on its way to HK.

I am not sure what protection is available to consumers getting cars from PI's? Full refund plus interest?

Sigh.......:mad:

so the mid-end mar delivery date is out of the window liao huh ?

Last edited by a moderator:

now they tell me ETA end march.... sianzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

just curious....have u secured your COE? Yesterday's announcement talks about a 20% drop in COE supply from next month. Prices will shoot thru the roof.... Pi will ask for top up??

2010E70;525467 said:
Hmmm...delay seems to be a common issue with PI's here.
My car is arriving end March (at least on the sales agreement) but my recent conversation with the SE makes me think twice now. First excuse (back in Dec 2009): car on its way to HK. Second excuse (March 2010): car STILL on its way to HK.

I am not sure what protection is available to consumers getting cars from PI's? Full refund plus interest?

Sigh.......:mad:
keep pressing them for delivery date. i have a feeling that becoz ur ride was secured couple of months back, the COE was still low and now they have to top up considering COE is so high. some r taking the gamble that COE will come down. but after yesterdays announcments, i doubt it.

sad to say thats the kinda non assuarnce u get from PI.

Alexxx;525576 said:
now they tell me ETA end march.... sianzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
keep bugging them. ask for date of departure from HK. push them for a chasis number. when ur car is shipped theoratically chasis number shld be a known thing. if the bugger cant produce u know something is fishy.

longhorn;525588 said:
just curious....have u secured your COE? Yesterday's announcement talks about a 20% drop in COE supply from next month. Prices will shoot thru the roof.... Pi will ask for top up??
if unsecured, yes u gotta top up. else PI lose till pants drop!

if owner die die don't want to top up, 4/6 unsuccessful bids = deal is off and 100% refund ?

wt_know;525602 said:
if owner die die don't want to top up, 4/6 unsuccessful bids = deal is off and 100% refund ?
no point right, know COE keep going up u keep bidding at 18k, sure cannot get wan. yes 100% refund. moral of the story get secured COE (forward trade)

TS book the car 4 months ago. Look at the trend, coe could easily rise > $10K. so, need to top up the diff ?

catB_graph.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegas79download

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back