• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Looking for New X-5 (PI)

Re: Looking for New X-5 (PI)

Was at PML last Sunday to test the X5.... Sales guy mentioned that the new 3L turbo facelift version will be out in a month or so at around $10k more than the current 3L NA version going at $295k. Not sure which PIs are bringing the new ones in but I'm considering getting a pre-owned 2-3yr old one for my other half so hopefully with the new one just around the corner, prices for the pre-owned ones will soften.

hackzi;558744 said:
Was at PML last Sunday to test the X5.... Sales guy mentioned that the new 3L turbo facelift version will be out in a month or so at around $10k more than the current 3L NA version going at $295k. Not sure which PIs are bringing the new ones in but I'm considering getting a pre-owned 2-3yr old one for my other half so hopefully with the new one just around the corner, prices for the pre-owned ones will soften.

:D:D really sales talk -- only S$10K more than current price!! I checked out X5 around 2 months ago. The Sales lady told me the turbo version would be very pricey..... then, she actually wanted to sell the "old" stock to me....... anyway, lots of pre-owned X available now, happy shopping.. :D:D

hi , can give me yr email address, so tat i can give u the 2010 x5 spec to u. thank

I have the latest X5 spec. Quoted 220k (excl. GST)
Maybe wait for the new Touareg and buy from agent at around 250k all-in

I just bought mine from Vincar. The 30i was going for $235k (inclusive of power tailgate) and the 35i was going for $250k (pay $4,500 more for power tailgate).

Hi Joseph, are the prices quoted inclusive of COE? What's the delivery time like? Can you share the specs? PM me if not convenient to post here.

Yep, the prices mentioned are all-in prices and includes guaranteed COE. But do note that the prices I mentioned were quoted to me before the latest round of COE. My guess is that there will be some upward adjustments again to match the COE price increase. For the 30i, I believe the delivery date should be end Aug / early Sept. For the 35i, I think they are coming in sometime in Oct / Nov. Better check with them directly.

Forgot to mention that the specs are similar to PML's except that I think Vincar's does not come with cruise control. It comes with the moonroof and side steps as well. If I recall correctly, you need to pay additional for the side steps if you buy from PML.

Just called Vincar, they are sold out on the existing X-5 and the new 35i is indeed Oct but in indent basis.

Tried AutoSportif, same scenario.

BMW X5 xDrive 35iA (Facelift)
* Xenon headlights
* Headlight washer system
* Panorama glass roof
* Seal adjustment, electric with memory for driver's seat
* Park Distance Control for front and rear (PDC)
* Automatic air conditioning with 4-zone control
* Interior and exterior mirrors with automatic anti-dazzle function
* Interior rear view mirror with automatic anti-dazzle function
* Alarm system
* Sports leather steering wheel
* CD Changer for 6 CD's
* USB audio interface
* Leather Nevada
* Radio BMW Professional
* BMW individual roof rails aluminum satinated
* Aluminium running board
* Lights package
* Language version English
* Rain Sensor
* Light alloy wheels star spoke 209 with 255/55 R18 runflat tyres
* Interior trim finishers aluminum, finely brushed lengthwise
* HiFi loudspeaker system

Retailing at $222,000 without COE
Booking fee will be $22,000.

Apart from lack of factory warranty, anyone knows what are the disadvantages of buying from PI? One SE from PML mentioned to me that the software may be different because the PI's cars may be intended for some other market. That was supposed to cause some problems although he was very vague what sort of problems it may cause. Was the PML SE simply trying to pull a fast one?

Thanks for sharing guys. The specs posted above are pretty comprehensive compared to PML's I believe. Prices quoted by Vincar seems to be better than that stated above by Kaoshiung.

Joseph, I think the SE is pulling a fast one on you.....many PI cars from Europe and I haven't heard of any issues with them. As for warranty, can always try TWM though not sure how reliable they are if one needs to file any claims.

Any indication of OMV values with the PIs? PML cars should be around the $80k range if I'm not wrong.

Hi Hackzi, sorry for asking a newbie question but what does TWM mean? The OMV for PI X5s should be between $62K and $68K. The older PML X5s have a higher OMV of $80K but if you look at the onemotoring.com.sg tabulation of car cost in June 2010, the average OMV for X5 is $62,789. I suspect the current X5s from PML no longer command such a high OMV, perhaps within the $60K to $70K range, which means that the OMV for PML and PI cars are now on par.

TWM is an independent provider offerig warranty coverage for new (mostly PI cars) as well as used cars (including those already out of warranty). Here's the website: warranty.com.sg

Vincar advertise SG$251K today for the new X5. 6 months wait. too long. Saw a nice maroon X5 by Pinnacle at Turf City. Just a year old with low mileage. You should have a look hackzi, unique colour and nice bodykit.

If OMV for PML and PI car is the same on the new X5, it's really a no-brainer to save 50K on a PI car. This amount is worth the "risk". After leaving the showroom with a new car, the next time you bring in your car at PML for service, it's just the nice lounge awaiting you comparing to a less inviting waiting room of a PI car workshop.

My wife is driving a PI Audi for about a year now. She's not complaining.

My 2 cents

Fyi, the new facelifted X5 is available now for viewing and test drive at PML Alexandra. Promo price is $297k after a $5k discount. Panoramic roof is standard I was told.

That red/maroon X5 at Pinnacle is a respray job. Was told owner resprayed it at 0km, i.e. when brand new. Personal preference I guess but the colour is a little too much for me. Looked at another used X5 as well as a Cayenne 3.6 but both condition could be better.

The shopping continues....

Kaohsiungans;558642 said:
Anyone got lobang for a new PI X-5?

Hi,
Just sent you a PM. Have dealt with Vincars before and have am driving my 2nd PI car at the moment. Just ordered my 3rd PI car. The AD margins are shocking!

> BMW X-Drive
> BMW light alloy wheels Star-spoke 209, 8.5J x 18 inch w/
> Automatic Differential Brake (ADB-X)
255/55R18 runflat tyres
> Automatic air conditioning w/ 4-zone climate control, including solar
> Panorama glass roof
sensor & automatic air-recirculation control
> Aluminium running board
> Integrated BMW AM/FM Professional RDS receiver w/ CD player, CD
> BMW individual roof rails Aluminium satinated
changer for 6 CDs
> Park Distance Control for front & rear (PDC)
> USB audio interface, HiFi loudspeaker system, Rear screen aerial
> Leather Nevada upholstery
diversity
> Sport leather steering wheel w/ multi-function buttons
> Electric front seat adjustment w/ memory for driver's seat
> Fine wood trim buried walnut, Bamboo grain dark, Poplar
> Electrical parking brake
grain light or interior trim finishers aluminium, finely brushed
> Anti-theft warning device & electronic vehicle immobiliser
lengthwise
> Interior & foldable exterior mirror w/ anti-dazzle function
> Bi-Xenon headlights w/ headlight washer system
> Rain sensor & automatic driving lights control
> Cornering Brake Control (CBC); Dynamic Brake Control
> Light package
(DBC); Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
> Driver & front passenger airbags; head airbags for 1st & 2nd row seats,
> Start/Stop button
side airbags for driver & front passenger
> Power Tailgate
[FONT=Century Gothic,Century Gothic][FONT=Century Gothic,Century Gothic]S$ 4,500[/FONT][/FONT]

it the spec for pi x5.

Last edited by a moderator:

loh_jeff;562253 said:
> BMW X-Drive
> BMW light alloy wheels Star-spoke 209, 8.5J x 18 inch w/
> Automatic Differential Brake (ADB-X)
255/55R18 runflat tyres
> Automatic air conditioning w/ 4-zone climate control, including solar
> Panorama glass roof
sensor & automatic air-recirculation control
> Aluminium running board
> Integrated BMW AM/FM Professional RDS receiver w/ CD player, CD
> BMW individual roof rails Aluminium satinated
changer for 6 CDs
> Park Distance Control for front & rear (PDC)
> USB audio interface, HiFi loudspeaker system, Rear screen aerial
> Leather Nevada upholstery
diversity
> Sport leather steering wheel w/ multi-function buttons
> Electric front seat adjustment w/ memory for driver's seat
> Fine wood trim buried walnut, Bamboo grain dark, Poplar
> Electrical parking brake
grain light or interior trim finishers aluminium, finely brushed
> Anti-theft warning device & electronic vehicle immobiliser
lengthwise
> Interior & foldable exterior mirror w/ anti-dazzle function
> Bi-Xenon headlights w/ headlight washer system
> Rain sensor & automatic driving lights control
> Cornering Brake Control (CBC); Dynamic Brake Control
> Light package
(DBC); Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
> Driver & front passenger airbags; head airbags for 1st & 2nd row seats,
> Start/Stop button
side airbags for driver & front passenger
> Power Tailgate
[FONT=Century Gothic,Century Gothic][FONT=Century Gothic,Century Gothic]S$ 4,500[/FONT][/FONT]

hi all the above is the spec for x5 35i . $250988 include coe. eta sept. got black and white/ interior brown. pm me for more info.
Hey Jeff, you've got PM! Looking forward to your reply.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sun88comco

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back