• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Looking for Z4...

Re: Looking for Z4...

6 months old and $30k lesser than new price? that is a good price

caySman;217115 said:
for a real indication, don't look for 6 months old car... at least 3-5 years old, then you see the crazy low depreciation.

based on my search, 3 to 5 years old Z4 is still depreciating at 17k excluding body.
care to share an example of 8k depreciation?

hitmee;217121 said:
based on my search, 3 to 5 years old Z4 is still depreciating at 17k excluding body.
care to share an example of 8k depreciation?
see 6-8 year old box at SGcarmart, compare to current pricing. This is only fair considering crazy SA markup in the past.

hitmee;217124 said:
Porsche Boxster Tip Details - sgCarMart

this 6 years old boxter is depreciating at 26k/year!!
as mentioned, take the current price to calculate, adds up to 11.8K a year give or take a few K for COE depreciation ... but that's just my way of doing things, unacceptable for most people.

oh...i know what u mean now. ur depreciation id based on (brand new price - market value)/number of years

that depreciation is for the seller. my depreciation is based on buyer
(buying price - scrap)/num of years left

hitmee;217160 said:
oh...i know what u mean now. ur depreciation id based on (brand new price - market value)/number of years

that depreciation is for the seller. my depreciation is based on buyer
(buying price - scrap)/num of years left
Your way must also include body value. Interesting desirable cars, body value is big.

i based on how the second hand dealer calculate their depreciation. they do not add in body value. take it as a bonus.

but to thnink that boxtser only depreciate 8k per year is crazy. my car 2 years lost 40k+

caySman;217115 said:
for a real indication, don't look for 6 months old car... at least 3-5 years old, then you see the crazy low depreciation.

Thing is it does not seem to be the case, with Z4 a very good example. 3-5yo cars also posses higher risk for the 2nd owner in terms of lack of warranty and maintenance costs.

I used to think that 1-2 yo used car present good value as typically 1st owner should take the biggest hit in dep....but what is seen recently seems to prove otherwise.

hitmee;217180 said:
i based on how the second hand dealer calculate their depreciation. they do not add in body value. take it as a bonus.

but to thnink that boxtser only depreciate 8k per year is crazy. my car 2 years lost 40k+
lucky for you not a big 7. 100K/year is possible.

Anyway, I always think depreciation is something to be calculated as a hit on the wallet when you sell, so I will take the most organic value as the most realistic indication.

caySman;217182 said:
lucky for you not a big 7. 100K/year is possible.

Anyway, I always think depreciation is something to be calculated as a hit on the wallet when you sell, so I will take the most organic value as the most realistic indication.

100k per year?? then OLL should be giving me his 7 for free. :lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2: the most i pay him his mod.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fun88141
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back