Losing Engine Oil

Singapore Brummie

I have had to top up my engine oil every 7,000 to 8,000 kms on my 525i since new. PML say the new N52 engine uses up oil faster than normal, but mine is within tolerable limits.

They topped up free once (because I complained so much) and the last time, they decided to do a complete oil change (at 45,000 kms) and told me to come back after 1,000 kms and they would check the oil level again and see if the loss was reasonable. So, I paid for a complete oil change and 6.5 litres of oil.

After 1,000 kms, I went back yesterday and they checked by draining the oil and measuring what was left.

The result was that I had actually gained oil and they asked if I had topped up during the 1,000 kms.

Now something is seriously wrong here folks. I did not top up, so obviously either my car has the unusual ability to suddenly generate oil (wishful thinking), or the last oil change was not done properly.

To cut a long story short, they then claimed perhaps my oil level sensor was faulty and that perhaps I was not losing oil after all. So they changed the oil level sensor and asked me to monitor over the next few months.

All a bit puzzling and frustrating too and so many questions unanswered. They replaced the sensor change foc because I think they knew someone somewhere had screwed up. More importantly, they knew that I knew that somebody somewhere had screwed up.

Re: Losing Engine Oil

They did not follow the procedure properly. I will post the actual procedure recomended by BMW. Only if it looses more that 0.7/ /1000k there is an expected fault or a possible leak. Oil loss for this engine also depends on the driving distances and style. more to come later :)

Just to note, if your N52 is still burning significant amounts of oil after the break-in period, its a sign of a known problem, which requires a new engine replacement.

There are a few cases here in Malaysia, and 2 of our E90 325i members had their engines replaced under warranty by BMW Malaysia. One was an 05 CBU batch car and the other an 06 CKD car. You'll need to lodge a formal complaint, and BMW/PML will schedule for an inspection using a scope machine to confirm the problem. The engine is flown in and all paperwork done by the dealer/BMW for the engine transplant.

It rumored to be due to heat expansion and contraction problems (sudden splash of water??)as it seems to affect tropical country cars more than others.

sorry for not posting it but It seems I cannot upload pdf file onto the forum bigger than a certain size :(

My friends, i get to know Novasyn Engine Oil, Your car horse power increase up to 30% and this oil is anti corrosive as well. Get the brochure from me [email protected]

I do not beleive that any engine oil can increase HP by 30%, infact engine oil can only restore normal operating charateristics if replaced regularly and in no way contribute to increase rated power.

Great product, I think you can sell it at $100 per litre and still have long queue.

Mine engine consumes oil too, apparently, its a 'characteristic' of the N52 engines.... you mean BMW supposed to change the engine? WOW.... cool, please provide conditions for which the will change and I will try and get a new engine....

Hi,

I have 1 friend call Jimmy, (93856888) he is driving BMW 525i year 1995 regulaar oil: OWS. He used Novasyn Engine oil for the first time and he admit that the horse power increase 10%. I could guarantee him for the second oil drain, the horse power will keep on increasing to 20%.

Novasyn engine oil (The best zero friction engine oil with anti corrosive technology).

Call him for sure.

all you said is your friend felt it increased. show us a dyno sheet before and after, since you're so confident about your product.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubbio

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back