Loud grrrr sound when air con is on high-speed

kcobra

All, when my air-con fan is on high, there is loud grrrrrr sound coming from the left side of the dashboard. Sigh. Anyone has experience with this?

Also, I can smell exhaust from outside even though my internal circulation mode is on (on as in on and not auto).

Re: Loud grrrr sound when air con is on high-speed

kcobra;859197 said:
All, when my air-con fan is on high, there is loud grrrrrr sound coming from the left side of the dashboard. Sigh. Anyone has experience with this?

Also, I can smell exhaust from outside even though my internal circulation mode is on (on as in on and not auto).

Bro,same s mine. Guess its common ba. Follow too close 2 motorbike the exo smell all cum in. Mine even when no vehicle infront also wil hv a smell. Sometimes only lah.

Ive been having d same issues dat ure facing and have made several visits to PML to address bout the issue but dey still couldnt find any fault..wats worse,on d day i came by to test drive wif the QC,my car suddenly went silent without being able to replicate d irritating sounds in d guy's prescense.Super stressed and fed up bout it..will be sending my car down again to check up on d problem thoroughly dis time..mine happened when my aircon is at low speed nt high..i think its coming from the main aircon valve dat has some internal issues which can also cause d fumes to come in lah bro...

Pido;860817 said:
Ive been having d same issues dat ure facing and have made several visits to PML to address bout the issue but dey still couldnt find any fault..wats worse,on d day i came by to test drive wif the QC,my car suddenly went silent without being able to replicate d irritating sounds in d guy's prescense.Super stressed and fed up bout it..will be sending my car down again to check up on d problem thoroughly dis time..mine happened when my aircon is at low speed nt high..i think its coming from the main aircon valve dat has some internal issues which can also cause d fumes to come in lah bro...

4 me all sound im quite used 2 it liao. Think if car really down then i start repair. If nt i feel tat kip repair n send back sure no end 1. Damn sian 1

The circulation button mus press twice to on mode to completly shut off air from outside. So far mine ok. Aircon not as powerful as my previous vw though n noisier fan sound.

And to think we're paying quite a substantial amount of our hard earned money on our ride...we're nt really getting our money's worth with all these niggling issues...:angry:

I sent my car in yesterday. My car is only 3 weeks old btw. They removed the front panels to check on my blower and found no fault. What to do? And truth is, on the way to PML, I was turning my aircon on full blast, low, full blast and the stupid noise never came up. Sigh....

D same applies to me too bro...gt fed up once unable to replicated problem in front of them...guess our beemers have d same weird syndrome eii..good to master bad to owner...

Jus experience exactly the same thing but without the smell outside. Sounds comes on when I on the ac to 7 bars onwards. Anyone any advise or shd jus drive to PML on Monday? I hate sending car there because they always like to keep my car for days. If it is minor problem and I can jus fix it outside workshop I would probably jus do that. Some say is got leaves stucked at the blower???

kcobra;859197 said:

Otar;1077176 said:
Jus experience exactly the same thing but without the smell outside. Sounds comes on when I on the ac to 7 bars onwards. Anyone any advise or shd jus drive to PML on Monday? I hate sending car there because they always like to keep my car for days. If it is minor problem and I can jus fix it outside workshop I would probably jus do that. Some say is got leaves stucked at the blower???

Confirm leaves stuck. I experienced this twice. They have to remove my dash board to clear the dead leaves. In the end, the installed a netting to prevent this from happening again. So far so good.

ginmin;860889 said:
The circulation button mus press twice to on mode to completly shut off air from outside. So far mine ok. Aircon not as powerful as my previous vw though n noisier fan sound.
How to press twice?
Press one more time goes back to off mode right?

By the way, even when recirculation is set to off, the car will let in some air periodically. I was told it is for safety. Lack of fresh oxygen can induce sleepyness?

Also, the auto mode does not seem to work. I was told it is normal. Haha

Last edited by a moderator:

Otar;1077176 said:
I experienced it before. Brought my car to munich and they told me leaves stuck at (i cannot remember where) and they replaced it with another type of cover that will prevent leaves from getting stuck again. It is fine so far.

thanks all.

in that case i think i will just drive to PML on Monday. btw, i am driving the F10. didn't realise that this is actually a thread under 1-series when i was doing a search in the forum. hehheh. :)

just to update, sent the car in in the morning and collected in the evening.

according to them, leaves stuck at blower's filter. i asked how come got leaves can go in and stuck inside. the service adviser said it normal what. i replied that my suzuki swift almost coming to 10 years already, never has such a problem. LOL.

anyway, just glad that problem solved. next time don't park underneath trees. thanks all!

kcobra;859197 said:

I have the same problem! Is this "normal" and Any solution?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pg88gifts

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back