Loud noise generate when Aircon is on.

James1500

I recently replaced my aircon compressor, which required to purge off all exisitng aircon gas and pump in new gas. After the replacement, the aircon was cold, however I realised 2 observations which i didnt had before i replaced:

1. Loud "fan noise" can be heard when aircon is on, i dun remembered it to be so loud even when i sit in my car, the sound can be heard within the cabin with windows wound up.

2. Supposingly "icing" of the aircon system. More amplified after prolong drive. The intensity and the strength if the aircon air reduces significantly, even when i am at max air. Meaning to say, when i am max air, the air blowing out is akin to level 1 or 2 only, but the air is cold.

Have anyone experienced this before, please advise, thanks.

James.

Re: Loud noise generate when Aircon is on.

when my aircon was not cold a year ago, sent in to PML under warranty and when I get my ride back the aircon fan sound is louder than before.

seems nothing can be done as no one really know why.

as my car ages, more noises coming into the cabin and workshop can't really pinpoint or solve.

i turn on the radio more often lately.

i have the same problem with my 2009 e60.

i too can hear it even with windows up. any workshops or PML can do anything about it?

So..cold is good or bad?

The air blowing out is cold but literally useless on a hot day.... Feels stuffy...

nvm about the zircon, lucky the IL6 is damn refine

You have a wierd car

if your coils are freezing up likely they put too MUCH gas into your A/C... get it checked.
wats your thermostat at? 18 deg? Try 24-25 deg. Let the car mix in some warm air so it doesn't ice up.

firehorse;695731 said:
when my aircon was not cold a year ago, sent in to PML under warranty and when I get my ride back the aircon fan sound is louder than before.

seems nothing can be done as no one really know why.

as my car ages, more noises coming into the cabin and workshop can't really pinpoint or solve.

i turn on the radio more often lately.

maybe its time u get a lexus :)

perhaps I can share some info about Car AC system.

for BMW, Freon/Gas for AC, the pressure should be range between 200-250psi. This pressure test is done when the engine is on and idle plus AC is on.
Ideally, try to aim as closed as 230psi not more.

Now, how cold should our car AC should be ?
if you have a Meat Thermometer (best look inside the kitchen) or you can find them at hardware store.
with the engine and AC on, put the thermometer through the Center Air Vent on the dashboard.
The aim or ideal AC temperature should be around 5 degree Celcius.

hope the above info is helpfull.

James1500;695702 said:
I recently replaced my aircon compressor, which required to purge off all exisitng aircon gas and pump in new gas. After the replacement, the aircon was cold, however I realised 2 observations which i didnt had before i replaced:

1. Loud "fan noise" can be heard when aircon is on, i dun remembered it to be so loud even when i sit in my car, the sound can be heard within the cabin with windows wound up.

2. Supposingly "icing" of the aircon system. More amplified after prolong drive. The intensity and the strength if the aircon air reduces significantly, even when i am at max air. Meaning to say, when i am max air, the air blowing out is akin to level 1 or 2 only, but the air is cold.

Have anyone experienced this before, please advise, thanks.

James.
can you specify where the noise come from ?
perhaps you can open the engine bay and try to find where the noise comes from.
AC Compressor has a magnet clutch where it spins together with the running engine. It is connected by a drive belt. Check the belt first and also the belt tensioner. if you replace the compressor, I would suggest that you replace the belt and the tensioner together.

about blowing max air, the faster the blower the less cold generated is the result.
in order to achieve the maximum cold temperature, when you just started the car, have the blower fan at highest speed and open your driver & passanger window for a while, so all the hot air is pushed out from the car.

then, after about 5 minutes, you should switch the Auto mode (with the Recycled Air)

the best temperature achieve in any car AC is at speed 1 and 2

hope this information helps.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rikvip9fit

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups