Lower suspension for E90 320i

daveths

Hi Guys,

I might be getting the H&R sports spring for my ride. By the way, I've just upgraded to 18". :)

Is there any other recommendations? I'm not a racer, just want something that works well and makes my car looks nice. The only thing I heard about is that the H&R will have the lowest ride height as compares to eibach, etc., suppose I just change the springs. However, I'm not sure about the performance after matching it to the stock damper.

Is there any coilover that costs similar to the H&R springs but works much better, probably in terms of height adjustment or damping. Don't wanna spend too much on these.

Thanks for any advice.

Re: Lower suspension for E90 320i

hi dave, i faced the same decision some months back due to budget constraint..in the end just went with lowering springs as they cost a lot less than coilovers, which start around 1200-1300 for BC coilovers and up to 3K+..my car has low mileage so my shocks havnt given up on me yet but it is wearing an at accelerated rate for sure...

one other thing to factor in is the inconvenience at humps/ramps/carparks. wah lau eh you will not believe how at some places you simply have no chance even if you come to a dead stop man (and i have no lip/bodykit)...not joking here just be prepared to scrape/bump sometimes..hope this helps

Wah....scared liao......lucky I haven't put body kit......but my 18" looks weird without lowering.

So what springs are u using now? U driving E90 too?

no lah mine is e46...so maybe e90 chassis a little higher..? ask the lao jiaos here i think they would know...and mine no bodykit also kenna...as for springs im on koni...h & r / eibach etc. was off my budget so chose koni...but of course if you mind the visible gap on 18" then lowering would be the way to go...

if you want to change the whole susp. set the cheapest i know of is about 1K, and thats not coilovers just shocks and springs in one set...since you dont wanna spend too much lowering springs lor...

one other thing if you have an aftermarket exhaust usually parking must be careful not to reverse too much after lowering...sure kenna as long as there's kerb or stone block behind...doesnt really matter which car park in this case 9/10 will hit

hi guys, i just got my ride (1wk old E90) and i did the same as u dave, i got myself a 18" too...
u r so rite, it looks weird when i hv 3.5 fingers gap....im thkg v v hard abt the warranty and those scratches/bumps

However im not too sure abt this. According to my fren, lowering the car is actually dangerous for high speed travelling on uneven grounds eg. NS h'way (i do travel alot on that stretch). He said lowered cars are mostly for tracks...Any opinions from anyone?

I thk eventually i will lower my ride a little (just to close some of the gap)....just wan some gurus opinion.....Many thks in advance 1st la... Xie Xie!! Terima Kasih!!

come to the meetup today, there are some bro on E90 that had lowered their ride.

i am eibach spring.

Hi,
I just put Eibach Pro Kit Spring on my car last week.Now the gap is about 1,5 to 2 fingers.
Still use the 17inch type 160 rims.So when I upgrade to 19in,the gap should become 1 to 1,5fingers max.

The Eibach ride is very comfortable but 80* of body roll is gone (good for handling).

Lowering suspension with street tune suspension is not dangerous at all.
Unless you are going off road :)

Heard that H&R is stiffer from lot of people,but it lower even more... according to spec.

Well if in Spore the street/road is very good,choose H&R.But if comfortable you after, choose Eibach.

Please note,even Eibach is still harder then stock spring... But that is what you want for just the right feel and better handling on road (not off road :) )

purity , hi and many thks for ur info.... im quoted 1.5k for ACS spring by pml.... izzit too ex compared to outside job? I am really thkg abt it becoz of the warranty... peace of mind :)

Hi 2one2two,
I installed it at the shop who sell the spring,they are not very good though,
so I end up do aligment at the BMW dealership.
And no issue what so ever with warranty,
while I am there, they even change my power steering hydraulic lines (have small leak)without I am asking for it.

Perhaps it is best if you buy Eibach and installed it at PML.Tell them you pay the required hourly cost.Good luck

PS: I just post my aligment spec and also some of my experience with handling in other thread I create yesterday.YOu might want to check it,and compare to your alignment setting.
Please let me know your spec,so I can compare it to mine.Many thanks if you could help me...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bro,

Sachs has the Peformance kit for E90.

There are 2 types to choose from:

1) Lowering Kit (lower by about 30mm)
2) Coilovers (lower up to 60mm)

The coilovers are retailing at around S$ 1,500+/-. Check with JuzzForCars and Autovox.

coilovers from sachs going at 1500?? do you mean the lowering kit instead?

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back