Lowering car with H&R springs - comfort concern

Re: Lowering car with H&R springs - comfort concern

Hi guys, after so long, I finally find the time to do it.

So now my ride is installed with the HNR Springs (Sports) and it's much lower.

The ride is very nice, less roll. It's *slightly* harder than stock. I think it's better as there's more control and less roll. It is also less bouncy.

To keep the longetivity of the stock shocks, I'll be driving slow during clearing curbs. With stock I can just run over it. Lol

HOWEVER, to be a little anal, I find the back is lower than the front wheels. Can I adjust this? (even without my bike mounted at the back) any advice?

Here's a pic :)

Sharm

Thinkbig;903282 said:

The ride is very nice, less roll. It's *slightly* harder than stock. I think it's better as there's more control and less roll. It is also less bouncy.

To keep the longetivity of the stock shocks, I'll be driving slow during clearing curbs. With stock I can just run over it. Lol

HOWEVER, to be a little anal, I find the back is lower than the front wheels. Can I adjust this? (even without my bike mounted at the back) any advice?

Sharm

Looking good.......

* only coilover can adjust to the height you want..............lowering spring standard height
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Looks nice bro. But too bad cant adjust, mine also rear lower than the front.

Thinkbig;903282 said:

Sharm

My rear right lower than my rear left. Anyone got this issue?

Thanks guys. My last ride was an integra. When this happened, my workshop actually CUT a portion of the springs to lower and balance them up. Even tho nothing happened, I don't think it's a good idea for us to do that on bimmers. Be safe. Better get proper shocks and coilovers to attain car height of your 'dreams'. Lol

If lower springs combined with stock suspension, cannot make it after 2 years. My suspension is too soft now i think its due to the lower spring. Every time go pass hump, sure brush against the wheel arc.

After lowering ride, need to adjust camber and toe?

true go for coil over.. dun use h&r ya,, very boucy...

Coilover Rocks.........

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Just wondering. Now that I'm on HNR (happy with it so far) - in the future if I'd like to change to coilovers, do I need the original springs/shocks then? (pardon noobie question)

Thinkbig;905333 said:
Just wondering. Now that I'm on HNR (happy with it so far) - in the future if I'd like to change to coilovers, do I need the original springs/shocks then? (pardon noobie question)

Coilover got everything.......

* you can keep the present set.........
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Thinkbig;905333 said:

ur oem set is also a coilover set, u mean aftermarket full coilover replacement? As it states in full, u dun need anything else from oem except the mounts perhaps

Thanks guys :) Learning lots. If it's true that my current stock shocks will 'die' soon, I dont mind changing is sometime soon and sell of the current springs :)

Thinkbig;905665 said:
Thanks guys :) Learning lots. If it's true that my current stock shocks will 'die' soon, I dont mind changing is sometime soon and sell of the current springs :)

wont up lorry that fast.....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back