M gear shifter

Re: M gear shifter

The last time I helped another fellas get it installed at J4C, the installation cost alone was $80. Is that expensive?

sugi;518159 said:
any idea what would be the installation cost alone?
Mine arriving on 17 Feb.
Cant install immediately, i believe most outlet will be closed whole of next week.

Thanks
no idea on installation alone. was told by some1 in totality.

Installed yesterday.

Love the slick feel compare to big original gear knob.
The light indicator move as you shift from parking->R-N->D
:)

very ice. congrats!

did u change the shift boot as well? looks smaller

Slater;521909 said:
very ice. congrats!

did u change the shift boot as well? looks smaller

sorry what is shift boot?
is it the leather portion?
I am using back the original one cause the one i get cannot fit my e93.

yes the leather portion.

Confusing isn't it when the shift pattern on the console plate differs from the knob?

ACS6;521954 said:
Confusing isn't it when the shift pattern on the console plate differs from the knob?
why or how will it differ? consol will still show the same position as the knob no?

ACS6;521954 said:
Slater;521960 said:
why or how will it differ? consol will still show the same position as the knob no?
Yes, if you shift to D, both the consol and the knob will show D. Sama sama.
But I think what ACS6 meant could happen if a new driver just hop into the car and try to shift the knob according to the shift pattern on the gear knob.

C3P0;522017 said:
Yes, if you shift to D, both the consol and the knob will show D. Sama sama.
But I think what ACS6 meant could happen if a new driver just hop into the car and try to shift the knob according to the shift pattern on the gear knob.
den u will just break the knob.

Slater;522028 said:
den u will just break the knob.
ya, i almost broke hitmee's knob ha ha ha. That's why I know there could be confusion, because i was confused. I noob. :p

Would be funny when a new driver tries to hit it into the R position on the knob....thinking there must be some combo (ala PS3 cheat code) to get it into that R position....R means RACING.....

Any idea which workshop can modify the stick to fit E90.

Seem that the boot for E90 is bigger and different shape from the round boot which come together with the stick.

Thanks.

Any workshop can wire it up for you....J4C, Boss etc.

One workshop quote SGD100 to install.

Is that normal price ?

For those already modified. Did you see the guy connect the white plug come with the stick directly underneath the boot or did he cut and piggyback with the wire attach to the current P/N/R/D light indicator.

If direct connection. Then easy can fix yourselves. But if need to piggback with the current wire. Better pay expert to do.

hi guys,

thinking of installing the shifter but am curious about the gear shifting.

does the original shift direction remain or does the direction go according to the ones displayed on the new m gear?

sorry i a bit blurr on it.

ray

Hi Sugi,
Where did you buy the gear knob? You bought it separately and asked someone to installed? Or you get the car mechanic to purchase and install at the same time?

Ken_Loh;529440 said:
Hi Sugi,
Where did you buy the gear knob? You bought it separately and asked someone to installed? Or you get the car mechanic to purchase and install at the same time?
go to mike at SWC

jvhuiz;524070 said:
hi guys,

thinking of installing the shifter but am curious about the gear shifting.

does the original shift direction remain or does the direction go according to the ones displayed on the new m gear?

sorry i a bit blurr on it.

ray

It will change gears according to the original way. Btw, the M gear does not come with any button to press while changing gear.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back