M3 Software Update

clar

Thanks to ClemZ who pointed me to Riverview, i got the software on my M3 updated. It solves the 1st gear humping jerk if i am hesitant in my throttle application and also, morning cold start jerkiness. Yippie, no more of this :)

Re: M3 Software Update

Hi bro, i need for my M3 too... where is Riverview and how much?

Thanks!

chriz;798257 said:
Hi bro, i need for my M3 too... where is Riverview and how much?

Thanks!

Riverview Auto Services Pte Ltd

10 Ang Mo Kio Autopoint #04-07/16
Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2A Singapore 568047

I paid $280 for the software update alone. Call Ganesh at: 9238 3975.

I had wanted to do the oil change there as well, but they only use BP and OWS oil, that's why i was asking about cash & carry Castrol from somewhere else for them to change for me.

My old software version no. E89X-10-06-501
New software version. E89X-11-09-505

The version number could indicate the year and month of the software. That would make sense as my car was manufactured in 2010 and registered in SG on Dec 2010. I am just shocked that the humping characteristics has been around even up till Jun 2010.

Hey many thanks clar.

I'll see them early next week. Ganesh says my Nav map will be updated too.

is it just DCT software , or overall whole software upgrade?

chriz;798405 said:
Hey many thanks clar.

I'll see them early next week. Ganesh says my Nav map will be updated too.

Fwah! that's quite good for $280. My map was updated/installed for $800 at soundwerkz...

hetraa;798461 said:
is it just DCT software , or overall whole software upgrade?

Entire software update from what i was told. I think the DCT software is a subset of the whole thing.

ESS DCT software. (from US forum)

There is a difference between the original DCT software designed by BMW's software engineers and the version that is currently used in the production cars. Our NA DCT software was designed to perform like the software that was developed originally for the E9X M3 before it was detuned. Shifts are executed quicker when the car is being run at WOT / kickdown and during downshifts. There is a built in delay by BMW during shifting under these conditions to keep the car from losing traction and to provide a very smooth engagement. This is done in two parts, First the actual shift is delayed slightly and second the clutch is slipped. This process can actually cause premature wear of the clutch. We corrected this by having the execution of the shift without the built in delay and to have the clutch engage a little quicker. The feel is a firmer and quicker upshift and downshift. We changed a few other things in this file to help with D mode. We still kept as much of the smooth engagement in this version of software as we could knowing most of these cars are daily drivers. This is the software I feel that should have been released with the car.

This approach to transmission software is not new for BMW or ESS. If you know of or have had expierence with the SMG transmission in the E46 M3 it is the same story. BMW has performance transmission software they use in the CSL version of the E46 M3 that they never released in the US / Euro market cars. The CSL transmission software was much quicker and performed better then the software they released on the standard M3. We designed SMG software that allows customers to expierence a higher level of SMG performance that had previously only been reserved for CSL owners.

Biglare runs our SC DCT software which is different then our NA DCT file. The SC file is more aggressive as it has to be due to the added TQ and HP added to the car. The focus of this file was 100% performance. The clutch engagement is firmer then the NA version. With the changes we have made in both files the low speed lag has been reduced but it will never be 100% removed from the system. For people who do not find any issue with the current software and like the way it performs then there is no need to run ours. We understand that there are customers who are perfectly happy with what they have. We are not trying to convince anyone they need our software we are just providing our customers an option.

jaskin;798469 said:
Fwah! that's quite good for $280. My map was updated/installed for $800 at soundwerkz...

That's what the guy said but Iike too good to be true....

clar;798292 said:
Riverview Auto Services Pte Ltd

10 Ang Mo Kio Autopoint #04-07/16
Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2A Singapore 568047

I paid $280 for the software update alone. Call Ganesh at: 9238 3975.

I had wanted to do the oil change there as well, but they only use BP and OWS oil, that's why i was asking about cash & carry Castrol from somewhere else for them to change for me.

My old software version no. E89X-10-06-501
New software version. E89X-11-09-505

The version number could indicate the year and month of the software. That would make sense as my car was manufactured in 2010 and registered in SG on Dec 2010. I am just shocked that the humping characteristics has been around even up till Jun 2010.

Hi clar, any improvements? Tks.

chriz;798565 said:
Hi clar, any improvements? Tks.

Most certainly! Apart from eliminating the annoying (and embarrassing) humping, the car feels noticeably smoother. I typically drive the car at D5 and it's like a heavily tattooed looser spoiling for a fight over the slightest provocation. With this new software, it's highly responsive, but not jumpy. Kinda like....bruce lee :p

The biggest difference over the old software when it comes to humping is that even if i go out of the way to provoke a humping, i can get rid of it by applying throttle. Previously, once it started humping, u are pretty much screwed and have to either upshift and wait for the confused gearbox to figure out what to do, or let it hump to its hearts content. Another point to note is that my perf exhaust seems quieter now when cruising on the highway.

Mai tu liao, thanks for the tips! Did you also do the DVD upgrade (can watch movie while driving)?

Not necessary..... If you are happy with your car and the way it drives... Then no need to upgrade software.

However, if you experience undesireable issues... Ie.... Transmission jerks, or other erratic shift patterns... Then best to upgrade.

QUOTE] good question,

where can we do the DVD upgrade (so can watch movie while driving)? i dont watch but at least i know it running properly for my kids

And also where to get the 8000k head light bulb conversion for F10 ? M5??

Cheerios

i would recommend upgrading to the latest software. and get teh GTS-DCT while you're at it.

as SLKBOTAY says. BOSS

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
net8811com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back