M5 Steering Retrofit

merkava74

Apparently, I checked with several reputed places in sg, who said it can't be done, i.e. retrofit the SMG steering wheel with fully functional illuminated +/- paddles on a LCi E60 (I know pre-LCi can).

Then I chanced upon this website:

BMW PaddleShift Retrofit

Any comments or advice?

Re: M5 Steering Retrofit

Very cool find bro~

Not sure if it's for LCi though, doesnt indicate in the site.

I'll be very interested if it can work for LCi. Paddleshifting will bring a whole new dimension of JOY to driving~:)

fragglerock;617813 said:
Very cool find bro~

Not sure if it's for LCi though, doesnt indicate in the site.

I'll be very interested if it can work for LCi. Paddleshifting will bring a whole new dimension of JOY to driving~:)

I emailed them. Yes it fits LCi. I am finding out the total cost, as $399 is for the retrofit kit only. Does not include wheel, airbag, trims and paddles.

Hi Merkava,

I've actually found this website quite some time ago and I wrote to them as well, The reply back then was that they do not have a solution for the LCI. I have also spent quite a lot of time searching high and low for a solution, but it seems like only PML can do the retrofit and programming, which invoives changing your VO (whatever that means) and is quite a complicated process, and they do not want to do it.

There is a very long thread in the US forums on the SAT and paddleshift retrofit, and the guys there have done it. Read through this if you have time:

Sportautomatic (SAT) retrofit - 5 Series Forums

BTW, I've done the SAT retrofit without the paddles, but my steering is "paddleshift ready", haha! Keep me posted if you mod comes true! My old thread on the SAT mod is here:

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/engine...ion/31945-e60lci-sports-shifter-retrofit.html

Oh, read about your CiC mod too, which is really nice! Where did you order your CiC from and who did the programming?

Arrrggghhhh...

They initially replied that it will fit LCi. Then I emailed them again with a photo of my gear stick (the slanted auto thing), and they replied that it is not possible currently. Another dead end.

Bro 715, the CiC retrofit is ordered through the good people of Soundwerkz. It will be programmed directly on the CiC initially overseas. After it is shipped and installed, there is another round of coding which is done remotely. A laptop with internet connection is connected to the car, and the guy overseas programmes it through software (NCS etc).

Go pay Soundwerkz a visit. Definitely worth the moolah. :)

By the way, nice mod on the SAT! Care to PM me how much you spent?

merkava74;618152 said:
Arrrggghhhh...

They initially replied that it will fit LCi. Then I emailed them again with a photo of my gear stick (the slanted auto thing), and they replied that it is not possible currently. Another dead end.

Bro 715, the CiC retrofit is ordered through the good people of Soundwerkz. It will be programmed directly on the CiC initially overseas. After it is shipped and installed, there is another round of coding which is done remotely. A laptop with internet connection is connected to the car, and the guy overseas programmes it through software (NCS etc).

Go pay Soundwerkz a visit. Definitely worth the moolah. :)

By the way, nice mod on the SAT! Care to PM me how much you spent?

I've PMed you about the SAT mod. This is one of the mods that I enjoy the most and I use it everyday, really no regrets.

About the paddleshift, IF you can find a GOOD SA that wanna do it for you, it is definitely do-able. The guys in the US forums have done it and it works perfectly. BUT, finding the SA is the biggest challenge.

Thanks for the info on the CiC, gonna have some sleepless nights again, haha...

Good luck to your search on the paddleshift mod!

Jasper, have u checked with "The Great White"?? I bought my M3 Steering from him and he got it retrofitted for me at J4C. Not sure if they can do the M5 steering though???

Jasper, have u checked with "The Great White"?? I bought my M3 Steering from him and he got it retrofitted for me at J4C. Not sure if they can do the M5 steering though???

Yes of cos! haha. But Wilson said it can only be on pre-LCi E60...

I might just go for the SMG without paddles, or if vain enough, SMG with paddles that doesn't work!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78winesq

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back