icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif
that car is so beautiful!

Re: M6 cab

look at the price.. amazing!!

That would be around S$209,600

Its really amazing to think that all bimmer owners here should be getting M6s if we are in US!!

Anyway, the car in the photo really looks nice!

Amazing. This takes home shopping to a completely different level.

xuexun;159336 said:
That would be around S$209,600

Its really amazing to think that all bimmer owners here should be getting M6s if we are in US!!

Anyway, the car in the photo really looks nice!

People in US pay at least 40% tax. We don't.

titanic;159447 said:
People in US pay at least 40% tax. We don't.

Our GST, COE, PARF, CPF, etc etc etc also adds up to 40%?

Let's just face it, governments needs money to function, so no matter where we live, the amount of tax we pay shouldn't differ really much.... You could just end up paying more through elsewhere...

But yeah so as not to OT, getting M cars in the US would be fun though, with their wide freeways.

althaus;159451 said:
Our GST, COE, PARF, CPF, etc etc etc also adds up to 40%?

Let's just face it, governments needs money to function, so no matter where we live, the amount of tax we pay shouldn't differ really much.... You could just end up paying more through elsewhere...

But yeah so as not to OT, getting M cars in the US would be fun though, with their wide freeways.

The problem is not the tax. The problem is PML overpricing all the M cars.

titanic;159457 said:
The problem is not the tax. The problem is PML overpricing all the M cars.

That is true. For example, m5/m6 pricing is too close to 911's and other cars like maseratis etc.

My SE told me last time when I asked why the M6 and M5 so expensive.

Her reply is these are lifestyle cars or play cars. People who buy them want to show off n can splurge so they are priced for prestige and blah blah blah :liar:

What's OMV for the new Z4M ? $60K? And PML is pricing it close to $300K? Someone go figure out how much PML pockets per M car.

titanic;159486 said:
What's OMV for the new Z4M ? $60K? And PML is pricing it close to $300K? Someone go figure out how much PML pockets per M car.

Let me see.......$120 to 150k per Z4M Coupe?

Ahbengdriver;159605 said:
so how much does PML make?

Based on the calculation below:

Cost:

Actual car price (OMV) = $70,000
ARF: $77,000
Customs duties: $14,000
GST: $4,200
Registration fee: $140
1 yr road tax: $3,450
COE: $15,000
License plate, radio license + misc: $500 (approximate)

TOTAL: $184,290

Sales Price: $290,000 (approximate)

Profit: $105,710 :) :) :) :) :) :)

Brandons;159654 said:
Based on the calculation below:

Cost:

Actual car price (OMV) = $70,000
ARF: $77,000
Customs duties: $14,000
GST: $4,200
Registration fee: $140
1 yr road tax: $3,450
COE: $15,000
License plate, radio license + misc: $500 (approximate)

TOTAL: $184,290

Sales Price: $290,000 (approximate)

Profit: $105,710 :) :) :) :) :) :)

Oh how nice of the people at PML. Their profit is 1/3 of their selling price :wtf: No wonder got cappucino and sponge cake and etc. and expanding to a bigger showroom. This is just like going for a teppanyaki dinner at GoodWood Park hotel. You pay $1k for the bill of which 30% probably goes to showmanship by the chef.

Let me ask VINCAR how much is their Z4M Coupe.

Problem with M5 and M6 is that it is priced (in singapore) in the range of the "supercars"... but try as you might, these cars, no matter how you argue it, are not in the league of supercars...

supercars are not only fast, they need that element of sheer exclusivity, powerful branding, tradition and universal appeal... from kids to ah peks....

For half a million, no way I would buy an M5 or M6... not when a 530 or 630 can be doctored to look like the "M", and not when there are other even more tantalising options.

$500,000... Hmmmm....

AMV8 - doesnt that sound better? to own a slice of aston martin than a $500,000 blue and white propellor?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
familytreemaker24x7
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back