MAS Imposes Financing Restrictions on Motor Vehicle Loans

Re: MAS Imposes Financing Restrictions on Motor Vehicle Loans

let's wait and see ...
knee jerk reaction coe down to $60K-ish i believe
crash landed to $20K-ish ... I HOPE IT IS !!! wahahaha

its the rise of the asian cars and the demise of ang moh cars.
toyota will capture 50% of new car sales.

no 10k coe no hoots

Re: Budget 2013 Arf, Omv or watever u call it

Performance Motors, which distributes the BMW brand of cars, sent out text messages to its customers informing them that it was taking orders till midnight.
"Loans will be capped at 50 per cent, minimum five years, with effect from tomorrow," the text message said.

Hmm... minimum of five years or maximum?

typo error la ... too kan cheong to close deal
technically ... minimum also work because die die will take 5 years loan which is also the maximum liao :lol:

this weekend i am sure the new car showrooms will be empty, the car dealers will not feel that singapore have a population of 5.2 million.

Some of you should be happy, and I bet some will go back to ADs to kuai lan with them as a revenge.

Even if Coe crash to 10-20k and a $250k BMW crash to $160k...how many ppl can afford to fork out $80k to buy? Not many....so doesnt matter if Coe crash tmr.

Darth Vader;960457 said:
this weekend i am sure the new car showrooms will be empty, the car dealers will not feel that singapore have a population of 5.2 million.

I thought the same for properties during the last few CMs!

It matters. Used cars will move in tandem. Now those with relatively new COE car is going to lose that $20-30K value overnight.

Darth Vader;960446 said:
people who bought new cars in 2011 and 2012 when coe were sky high are farked.
because coe will drop to 20k and new cars will be cheaper than them.

I am still happy because I only have $1 cash to buy car last year... :)

and I am happy to wait till COE plunge to $1 to renew my Toyota Wish for the next 10 years... ha ha ha...

detach8;960463 said:
It matters. Used cars will move in tandem. Now those with relatively new COE car is going to lose that $20-30K value overnight.

maybe the owners will say "heng ar, i can get 100% loan"

Again target the buyers, never see problems not building houses quickly enough, not releasing land supply quickly enough, not creating a spread of industries and financial centers in various locations quickly enough...

Not building more roads, mrt and public transport quickly enough....

Strangely, to ensure all these cant be built quickly....worker levies are raised so construction companies are forced to have fewer workers.

Also, current car owners have no incentive whatsoever to deregister their cars early.

will be interesting to watch the next election.... hope it comes soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

if 250K becomes 160K.. taking into consideration coe drop and arf increase...
200K will become come 110K..
time to buy a toyota 86 and mod the hell out of it!!!

end of the day.. do not underestimate how cash rich the folks here are... look at the property cooling measures... what cooling? 40% cash .. so what?

look at the stock market runs in recent months... so many counters had increased multiple folds...

But i do think the government is sending a signal that do not be caught without a chair when the music stops!

whiteonyx;960460 said:
Even if Coe crash to 10-20k and a $250k BMW crash to $160k...how many ppl can afford to fork out $80k to buy? Not many....so doesnt matter if Coe crash tmr.

Darth Vader said:
its the rise of the asian cars and the demise of ang moh cars.
toyota will capture 50% of new car sales.

If you can afford to buy a Toyota then there is no issue.

That's another way to look at it.

A young lady has been able to buy Chanel handbags every few months based on leverage. She signs credit cards and pays on instalments.

One day, the credit cards were cancelled. She cannot afford Chanel anymore. But she can still afford a Bonia handbag.

Is that a need or want issue?

whiteonyx said:

Previously, when the BMW was $250K, and you were ready to buy, how much downpayment were you planning to pay? 20% at $50K or 30% at $75K?

Following your example, if the same car drops to $160K and $80K downpayment is required....

(a) if you had wanted to pay $50K down, now you need to pay additional $30K cash, not $80K cash additional. Pay $30K additional but saved $90K on purchase price, is this worse off? I don't think so.

(b) if you had wanted to pay $75K down, now you need to pay $5K more. Savings of $90K on purchase price.

Need I say more?

Heng ah..I will bid next round COE chip chip..

i actually think the opposite will happen.

1mio car. borro 500k? no problems for those who r in that mkt to put in 500k downpayment.

100k car with omv less than 20k....n u cant borrow more than 60%? i think those in that bracket if u dun hv 50k...means u dun hv 50k.

Cash-back schemes and overtrades will be back with a vengeance.

imho... people are over reacting...

how many people u know actually buys their car with a 10 year 100% loan???!!!!
i know quite a few folks that plans with a 5 year loan... logic is that they want to change car before the 5th year... and from what i can tell.. they take 70% loan thereabouts....

70% loan to 50% loan... partially offset by a cheaper car price.. may be a very good thing... lower monthly car payments!

i know many ppl here are cash rich...esp the FTs...so this new measure is quite irrelevant to these group of ppl. but for the middle to lower income group, they will be hit hard. to down 80-100k for a car, u can already down to buy a house...which makes more sense.
what im saying is that garmen will achieve in what they set out to do in curbing the growth of new cars. as the coe prices drop, they will adjust the number of coes available accordingly...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tk88top1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back