Maserati GTS V Audi R8 V8

kenlim

hi, my dad has 2 cars in mind whether to get and R8 or Maser GTS , and we cant decide what to buy. anyone who has driven either help to list out the pros and cons for both cars? =), like resale valve and etc..?

Re: Maserati GTS V Audi R8 V8

R8 is faster, but no sound. GTS slow, but got sound. In terms of resale value, Masers' hold them quite strong. The dep is almost like a 7 or S-class. In terms of driving, I think your dad would prefer the GTS for it's f1-tranny. But note that maintaining it is no joke- every 15k replace clutch $7k. Problem with maser is that in our very humid country, the buttons become sticky and the roof lining gets loose- though it's covered by HSM's warranty. Masers typically have minor problems like seats getting stuck, can't move back, etc. I have no experience with the R8, but I assume that being german, they shouldn't have such problems.

While I still feel that the R8 looks much better than the Maser, the sound of the maser is just too great. I went for a drive with ecc and the owner of one of the lambos (gallardo) commented that the maser was louder that his ride!

And I assume your dad is around 50s? Maser is easier to get in (R8 lower), but Maser doesn't have reverse camera. Nor are the side mirrors integrated to tilt down when you engage reverse- which the R8 has. And if you want to install after-market reverse cameras, HSM will void your warranty *facepalm*. So it may be a little difficult for your dad when he tries to park it (unless he is not used to such electronic aid).

My vote goes to the Maser, partly because I'm a badge-whore. Driving a maser sounds better than driving an audi right? (don't flame me audi owners, haha)

I will pick the R8 coz I think it looks like a real sports car, is fast and wont cost an arm or leg to maintain. As for sound, I wont worry about it. An Audi V8 with an after-market wil do the trick. I hv heard them on S5, RS4 and the R8. All sound awesome.

for that price bracket, just get a used Gallardo! literally dozens and dozens of them lying around and can be had for very cheap. They are less comfy to drive for sure but its still a lamborghini!

Ecadua;663511 said:
But note that maintaining it is no joke- every 15k replace clutch $7k. Problem with maser is that in our very humid country, the buttons become sticky and the roof lining gets loose- though it's covered by HSM's warranty. Masers typically have minor problems like seats getting stuck, can't move back

Does it only happen to the old models of GT or all of them? like the 4.2 and not 4.7?Thats quite bad having to replace it every 15k.

Anyway we settled down on Maserati 4.7 GTS, just love the exhaust sound and the design especially with the MC sportline body kit.
Thanks for advice people!:D

get a 07 lambo for 450k! then a pi r8 v10 for 500 maser gettin passe.....

R8 anytime for me too. Buying Lambo is the easy part while 3-4 yrs old Lambo maintenance bill, insurance etc is the siong part.

Cannot compare a yr old R8 V10 vs a 3-4 yrs Lambo, nearly new car usually problem free and still under AD warranty.

R8 is Tony Stark
Lambo is Bruce Wayne

Am I the only one who thinks that R8 should be V8? Might as well get Gallardo if considering V10 R8

r8 v10 n gallardo v10 prices r 250k apart....not that easy a gap to b ridge.

anyway back to question. i will still take R8

10 fingers vote for R8! :cloud9:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vbnaeFVrQY"]‪Ultimate Factories - Audi R8 2/4 HD‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7oOaRD8o_8"]‪Ultimate Factories - Audi R8 3/4 HD‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6ahCSHDYzI"]‪Ultimate Factories - Audi R8 4/4 HD‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I'm kinda leaning towards the Trident marquee but I've always prefered Pininfarina designs over German's. Engineering however is a different story but neither am I saying the Italians are lacking in this dept.

That said, just my opinion, V8 R8's kinda like a slammed Audi TT to me, if you have to get 1 grab a min V10.

hitmee;664942 said:
terry pulls down the avg
Luckily R8 got u. Balance out.

kenlim;663937 said:
Does it only happen to the old models of GT or all of them? like the 4.2 and not 4.7?Thats quite bad having to replace it every 15k.

Anyway we settled down on Maserati 4.7 GTS, just love the exhaust sound and the design especially with the MC sportline body kit.
Thanks for advice people!:D

a properly driven maser's clutch will last >80k, double manufacturer's recommendation. Those who fry it at 15k or below dont know how to drive it, thats the reason why.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shirishop
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back