Maserati GTS V Audi R8 V8

Re: Maserati GTS V Audi R8 V8

Racebred;664949 said:
a properly driven maser's clutch will last >80k, double manufacturer's recommendation. Those who fry it at 15k or below dont know how to drive it, thats the reason why.

Bro yours was really pushing it but I can clock about 30-40k km easily before changing.

any advice for buying a maserati showroom car? brought in 2010? with 85km mileage..??

Welbo;665488 said:
Bro yours was really pushing it but I can clock about 30-40k km easily before changing.

not even pushing it yet. I do hooligan smoke out launches, go for every BMWSG + even VAGSG track days, whack north south highways in numerous driving trips, and when the clutch was dismounted after 80000km of hard usage, mike at Keng Tiong said there's still 20-25% material left. So, my belief is that if you know how to drive the car properly on a day to day basis, you can really really stretch the clutch life, as with the ferraris and lambos too.

In fact when I first took over the car at the 40k mark, the clutch was slipping at the 6th gear even. I thought Hong Kan, I needed to change it immediately, but with proper clutch engagement over a couple of weeks, it was naturally deglazed, and I stretched it for another 40k before having to change out prematurely coz the $100 bearing was making squeaky noises. (So a $4k job to change a $100 item).

Racebred;665661 said:
not even pushing it yet. I do hooligan smoke out launches, go for every BMWSG + even VAGSG track days, whack north south highways in numerous driving trips, and when the clutch was dismounted after 80000km of hard usage, mike at Keng Tiong said there's still 20-25% material left. So, my belief is that if you know how to drive the car properly on a day to day basis, you can really really stretch the clutch life, as with the ferraris and lambos too.

In fact when I first took over the car at the 40k mark, the clutch was slipping at the 6th gear even. I thought Hong Kan, I needed to change it immediately, but with proper clutch engagement over a couple of weeks, it was naturally deglazed, and I stretched it for another 40k before having to change out prematurely coz the $100 bearing was making squeaky noises. (So a $4k job to change a $100 item).

Steady lah......ok my clutch is at about 55% so I can really endure till much later!!! :dance:

kenlim;665651 said:
any advice for buying a maserati showroom car? brought in 2010? with 85km mileage..??

negotiate hard! free coe to begin with! :)

r8 any day..specs wise..performance, handling..the wow factor..
but between both is quite a gulf in pricing..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noblehospitals
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back