matte black kidney grilles

bk7773

saw some of the guys here have their kidney grilles "blacken"... would like to know if spray painting is a good choice in terms of price and durability.... i'm considering ordering one, which needs waiting (not the cf material though), or simply spray paint...

always like the "sunken in" ,black look seen on the other forums.... trying to personalise my e92 alpine white 325 coupe:) .. appreciate if guys here can give your opinion on this..

bk7773

Re: matte black kidney grilles

Do a comparison between matt black and glossy black - go to e90post.com and see them for yourself. In photos, matt black is virtually invisible. Means your grilles will look like 2 holes........ just my two cents. Learnt that recently from our photoshoot sessions.......

The other alternative is to spray it glossy black. Few of us have done that mod, and there are no chipping, no peeling whatsoever. In fact, quite a few of us have done it on our previous rides as well.

a black after mkt plastic one is good..

thanks bro.... i was actually very attracted to this pic attached... not sure if thats the glossy or matt kidney....

QUOTE=kenntona;286501]Do a comparison between matt black and glossy black - go to e90post.com and see them for yourself. In photos, matt black is virtually invisible. Means your grilles will look like 2 holes........ just my two cents. Learnt that recently from our photoshoot sessions.......

The other alternative is to spray it glossy black. Few of us have done that mod, and there are no chipping, no peeling whatsoever. In fact, quite a few of us have done it on our previous rides as well.[/QUOTE]
thanks bro... i was actually very attracted to this picture below... not sure if thats the glossy or matt look though....

bk7773 said:
thanks bro... i was actually very attracted to this picture below... not sure if thats the glossy or matt look though....
Looks glossy. Matt will be ........

i see.... thanks..

will be doing few more changes to the car in terms of looks... i guess u'll be the guru for further info later... thanks

As per top right pic, did mine matt black, simple 5 mins job + 30 mins to dry & for extra coats/clear coats if required to prevent chipping if you drive at high speeds. Doesn't include the chrome grills, those can't be painted over at least few paints can eat onto chrome.

PM me more details if anyone is interested to DIY or get someone to help do it as a reasonable price :)

CIMG0598.jpg

BK7773,

Sorry, out of this thread...

Just checking, are you that BK, hang around with Spyder and Alan ?

Cos just now met Spyder or Spider at Lucky Chinatown, he said BK now "hor say liao"... drove 325 coupe.....

bk7773;286529 said:
i see.... thanks..

will be doing few more changes to the car in terms of looks... i guess u'll be the guru for further info later... thanks

Russell;286580 said:
BK7773,

Sorry, out of this thread...

Just checking, are you that BK, hang around with Spyder and Alan ?

Cos just now met Spyder or Spider at Lucky Chinatown, he said BK now "hor say liao"... drove 325 coupe.....
haha.. yes.. and u are russel.. from vaiio?

Valor;286576 said:
As per top right pic, did mine matt black, simple 5 mins job + 30 mins to dry & for extra coats/clear coats if required to prevent chipping if you drive at high speeds. Doesn't include the chrome grills, those can't be painted over at least few paints can eat onto chrome.

PM me more details if anyone is interested to DIY or get someone to help do it as a reasonable price :)

CIMG0598.jpg
i'm getting the plastic matt black from a guy in the forum... thanks for the alternative solution... but i think i can have the choice of reverting to the original grill is sick of the look... thanks

bk7773;286793 said:
haha.. yes.. and u are russel.. from vaiio?

BK,

Yes...ex vaiio la...

Got chance meet up, want to see yr 325 coupe....

Regards
Russell

haha... sure...

still waiting for the tyres to arrive to fit my rims... its been 2 months plus.. couldnt get any rubber..

bk7773;286808 said:
haha... sure...

still waiting for the tyres to arrive to fit my rims... its been 2 months plus.. couldnt get any rubber..

BK,

What size ?

Mine fit on Good Year Eagle F1....

Just saw a Saph black 6er at Bukit Batok with the Breyton kit and black-out wheels, shadow trim and matte black grills....DAMN HAWT I must say. Whoever the owner is, KUDOS to you. Nice ride.

Hi, anyone know a place that sells and fit black grills for 1 series? Please help!

Just want to know where you fellow forumers go to get your aftermarket parts (purchased overseas) fitted? Which workshop here is willing to do it without me buying the parts from them? Can list out workshops to get body kits fitted and as well as workshops to get headlights (angel eyes etc) fitted?

Thanks in advance!

ya better to buy after market kidney grilles in case you need the stock ones back..

u shld take a look at the sinful grilles by bimshop.. so nice.. :woottt:

we recommend everyone to not paint their grilles matte black, the paint will chip off overtime

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curveswithmovesdotcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back