• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Mileage 13,000km Z4 for sale!

Re: Mileage 13,000km Z4 for sale!

caySman;206399 said:
yes, but ... so? :) one's gotta do what they can do to survive. You have to get full records to back up the mileage claims. FOr export purposes, nobody asks for records or at least not yet, so they get away with it.

Car dealers go to jail in Australia for doing it. Plus it is highly unethical in my book.
You say "so" but i guarentee everyone in here would comment on a high mileage car, so there is a point. If one buys that car thinking it is a 13k car, but actual fact it is 50k, would that person be upset?

phil;206404 said:
Car dealers go to jail in Australia for doing it. Plus it is highly unethical in my book.
You say "so" but i guarentee everyone in here would comment on a high mileage car, so there is a point. If one buys that car thinking it is a 13k car, but actual fact it is 50k, would that person be upset?
I said SO from the dealer's perspective. from my perspective of course I'm pissed.

When I buy a second hand car, I ask for full records and go down with a micrometer with an expert to measure the tolerances of the car etc. to look for accident damage.

Yes it should be a jailable offence. BUT, the cat's out of the bag (encryption hack) and nothing can be done to detect the problem short of heroic measures.

phil;206483 said:
you go with a micrometer?? wow, thats cool
vernier calipers to be precise. LOL! Many do it though, especially those exporters, you can see their verniers in their hand every time they go to automobile megamart.

hahaha, i think thats highly amusing, but quite ingenious

jitman1971;206393 said:
breyton, hows the 3.0 u r driving. is it with smg> ? must be a nice ride wth power!

Nah, mine's a steptronic. Decided the wifey wouldn't be too enamoured with SMG, so took the safer option.

Power is adequate as it's completely stock (unlike some of the kick-ass monstercars created by some of the guys here!) - save for a set of Type IV AC wheels. I'm really quite happy with the car.... but if you've seen some of my other posts, I might have to let it go cos there's not enough ground clearance to make it past the slope into my new house!! :furious:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsjl444

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back