MIN ENGINE OiL WARNING MESSAGE ...

Re: MIN ENGINE OiL WARNING MESSAGE ...

Steel Blue;935020 said:
Hmm, sounds unusual. I hv clocked almost 10,000km and so far have had to top up only 1.5L of engine oil.

Did you clock most of your 10,000km on the NS HWY? I read that engines will run-in faster and better with higher RPM but within the manufacturer's recommended limits. Unfortunately I have not brought my car to NS HWY yet. Traffic in Singapore is hardly smooth and my engine RPM hardly revs above 2000 rpm for the last 5000 km.

esis311;935023 said:
Would you share the model of your car, bro? My N52 engine as well consuming about up to 1 litre engine oil for 10,000km
oil change interval.
No visible leakage observed

I'm driving the F10M. My E60 consumes about a litre of oil every 10,000km too and PML says its within manufacturer's spec.

I just did a measurement of my engine oil today at 13,000KM since its oil change at about 10,000KM. I'm happy to report that it is still full, not even a tiny oil level drop. :goodup:

Looks like varied results. I think it depends on luck! My F10 (N52 523i) does not consume a single drop of oil, or rather, the oil level never dropped a single notch. Mileage now 46,000km. I do rev it once in a while, but most of the time I'm a relaxed driver.

I know the M car should be burning more oil than non M cars, but 800 miles is pretty crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bring a bottle and put in the boot especially if you are traveling up north

A friend had same problem on e way to KL not long ago when car was barely 1k mileage as well

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
may88kiwi

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back