Mio TV

sandman369

Should I dump this stupid box (and the stupid Singtel land line that I didn't need) after tonight or wait until the appeal situation is over?

Re: Mio TV

I dumped the box...it interferes with the internet speed...they say it doesn't but it does. I had to physically power down and disconnect the set-top before the internet lag disappears. I told sinktel I did not want it even if it was free but they insisted...this is because they package it as part of a bundle and force us to take it. Its like forcing us to take shit even when its free...

Nightwind;989667 said:
I dumped the box...it interferes with the internet speed...they say it doesn't but it does. I had to physically power down and disconnect the set-top before the internet lag disappears. I told sinktel I did not want it even if it was free but they insisted...this is because they package it as part of a bundle and force us to take it. Its like forcing us to take shit even when its free...

I also believe it does interfere. I told their engineer (who came down so many times to fix the bandwidth) common sense tells me 2 copper wires carrying voice, data, and tv does not work, and he smiled concurring.

The best part was I received a call some time ago asking me to sign up for champions league, I said fine and asked what would I need to pay? They told me I have to sign another 2 years, and have to pay for the set top box which is currently free. I asked if I did nothing would I need to pay for the stinky box, and they said no. I asked the person to relate to the ST mgt to go fly kite and thatnI will be waiting patiently for Starhub to start carrying EPL.

I had to take that stinky box not once but twice due to various promos that Singtel carried. Brought it down personally to Singtel shop the first time. Second time, I didn't even bother to be at home when they wanted to come install the box. :p

Hi, does it help if the Broadband and Mio TV come in two different boxes?

C3P0;989697 said:
Hi, does it help if the Broadband and Mio TV come in two different boxes?

PowerBox??

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Can't wait for Starhub to be with epl and champions league once again.

sandman369;989672 said:
I also believe it does interfere. I told their engineer (who came down so many times to fix the bandwidth) common sense tells me 2 copper wires carrying voice, data, and tv does not work, and he smiled concurring.

The best part was I received a call some time ago asking me to sign up for champions league, I said fine and asked what would I need to pay? They told me I have to sign another 2 years, and have to pay for the set top box which is currently free. I asked if I did nothing would I need to pay for the stinky box, and they said no. I asked the person to relate to the ST mgt to go fly kite and thatnI will be waiting patiently for Starhub to start carrying EPL.

If running on adsl with only one line, there would be interference btw miotv and Internet usage. The boardband line and the one running to miotv must be separate phone lines.. Then it would run problem free..

If its on fibre, then no issue at all.. It won't have lag issue with miotv on

The future is not Mio box or SCV box, it is IPTV. Analogue TV will be phased out end of this year, so those without a digital box or Smart TV will be left high and dry unless IDA extends the grace period.

Sh**, I just sign up Mio TV. Have I been con?

C3P0;989722 said:

About time actually. Then we can finally see aunty's photos.

Red_Bean_Bun;989707 said:
Can't wait for Starhub to be with epl and champions league once again.

Ditto.

I rather pay more for an infrastructure that works. I hope the ruling will stay. Move epl over first. For uefa, I guess have to wait 3 years later.

C3P0;989722 said:

Er sadly yes....no one wants shit even if its free. Mio TV is a failed product and if this was a perfectly competitive market it would never even have launched, let alone survived all these years. This is a fine example of PAP govt runned monopolies who adopt a "too big to fail" approach and try to force a crap product down the consumers throat without listening to the consumers. They can get away with this crap only here in Singapore and no where else.

Last edited by a moderator:

The day Singtel won the rights and telecast EPL Live via MIO TV, was the day I stopped following EPL as I refuse to switch to MIO TV knowing they dont have e proper nfrastructure to support. Thus, I am no longer chasing EPL matches for years.

My Verdict since then and now: Let go of MIO TV.

Note: I m not a staff of competitor of Singtel MIO TV.

Like all of you, I got a free mio box so decided to just plug in and try see how. Even though I am on fibre, I still see freezes and broken pictures on regular ch 5 and 8 programs. The program on mio is really bad, no wonder they die die must buy up EPL to gain market share. Bottom line, mio tv is really bad. Period.

Thanks guys.

Heng it came in a package so it's kind of free for me....
I hope the broadband is not crap though.....

C3P0;991126 said:
Thanks guys.

Heng it came in a package so it's kind of free for me....
I hope the broadband is not crap though.....

I can tell you the answer now. It's crap. If my fibre plan still gets crappy picture and sound, your broadband will be "dead on arrival".

pengful;991145 said:
I can tell you the answer now. It's crap. If my fibre plan still gets crappy picture and sound, your broadband will be "dead on arrival".
Oh no....
Robot tio con liao! I should have come in to ask first....sob....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
may88toys

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back